Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: WoW Battle.net Conversion Coming

I'm required to preform a certain action, If I don't preform said action, my service I am paying for will stop functioning.
    I can't do this right now because the website I have to use for this doesn't work at this time. Nor did it do the last time I tried this.

No matter how you wanne explain that, it is still not Justified.

I've merged my account months ago and I am still alive!

10+ Year Old Account

Nothing wrong with b.net did it when was first able no complaints here all of you butt hurt ppl need to suck it up and just do it qq me a river lames
    My pew pew makes you qq

Some facts from a Bnet user since winter 08.

Facts : You can merge more than one account on a single bnet account.
    Facts : You can play all of your accounts at the same time, even if they are merged.
    Facts : You can check remember account name and won't have to type your super duper ultra mega giga long e-mail 20 thousand times per day. Actually, if your current account name is a1b2c3 go to hotmail/gmail/yahoo/whatever and create a a1b2c3@gmail.com.
    Facts : If you are worried about security, authenticator is your best friend, and to use an authenticator you need Bnet.
    Facts : On maintenance days you cannot log in into bnet, since authenticating servers are down, but loggin in on maintenance is cool, if you enjoy watching your start up screen.
    Facts : There will be less noobs playing after November 12th.
    Facts : If you bought your account over ebay your account will get closed as soon as you merge, because you need to match the name and adress figuring in your current bnet account, failure to succesfully prove and provide that information will close your account. But that's okay, we hate your for doing illicit business anyway.
    Facts : If after merging you cannot log into your account (excluding maintenance downtime) you should CALL Blizzard, their employees can un-merge your account and/or reset e-mail/pword to solve the issue, and it's the only way of solving it.
    Facts : L2read the whole main blue post if you have questions about the pet.

Only ''known'' downside, with an easy solution is : If you and your mother/father/brother/wife/kid play on two accounts, if you merge em both, you will all share the same password/authenticator. Simple solution : Merge each account to a different bnet account.

/rage off

Honestly, i've read all 6 pages of this, and 90% is about
    a) I don't want to type my long e-mail
    b) Will i get a pet

But both the complaint and question have dumb-proof answers.

Oswald is a play on the penguin from the batman series. Oswald Cobblepot, I believe is the penguins name.
    Quote from: JonTargaryen on October 10, 2009, 09:16:46 pm
    Jaina isn't thinking with her head, she's thinking with her jaina.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaera
    I'm required to preform a certain action, If I don't preform said action, my service I am paying for will stop functioning.
    I can't do this right now because the website I have to use for this doesn't work at this time. Nor did it do the last time I tried this.

No matter how you wanne explain that, it is still not Justified.
    Then stop giving Blizzard your money and go find something else to occupy your time. Volunteer at a clinic. Paint your house. Learn to do fly. Start a garden. Anything, so that we don't have to listen to you bitch about something you can't do anything about anyway.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Re: Pengu's eyes...

If they wanted to change the overall look, fine, but there's no reason why they couldn't still be red so that the two penguins wouldn't look so much alike.

Instead of beady little red demonic eyes, Pengu could have big, cutesy red demonic eyes.

(sigh)

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane
    Then stop giving Blizzard your money and go find something else to occupy your time. Volunteer at a clinic. Paint your house. Learn to do fly. Start a garden. Anything, so that we don't have to listen to you bitch about something you can't do anything about anyway.
    funny thing your mentioning that, I was actually painting a house today, and I already know how to fly. :< in an airplane that is,
    people flying by them self is just crazy.

According to EU's Breaking News page, penguins will supposedly begin to be distributed later this week.

http://status.wow-europe.com/en/alert

Quote Originally Posted by power-akama
    Fact: If you're a UKer and agree to the B.net agreement, Blizzard can sue you for £50,000 every time you engage in PvP and the other guy dosn't like it.

"But Blizzard wouldn't do that!".

Then why the fuck is it in their user agreement? This is about legal powergrabs, no more and no less. And that example's one of the less objectionable terms.

what about those of us who already switched during the game fuel thing? do we miss out on the penguin pet?

Only ''known'' downside, with an easy solution is : If you and your mother/father/brother/wife/kid play on two accounts, if you merge em both, you will all share the same password/authenticator. Simple solution : Merge each account to a different bnet account.

/rage off

Honestly, i've read all 6 pages of this, and 90% is about
    a) I don't want to type my long e-mail
    b) Will i get a pet

But both the complaint and question have dumb-proof answers.
    LOL, I do agree, I found a Bizzard contact to ask one of the questions I poised here, answer below...

Thank you for contacting the World of Warcraft Game Master Department.

Answer: :
    My family plays World of Warcraft together. Should we create a single Battle.net account for all of our World of Warcraft accounts?
    A: No. Sharing access to a World of Warcraft account, other than by a parent or guardian with a single minor, is a violation of World of Warcraft’s Terms of Use. You should create a separate Battle.net account for each family member’s World of Warcraft account. In addition, future Battle.net features will make it beneficial for players to have the Battle.net account they use associated with their own online identity. Creating separate accounts for you and your family ensures you will be able to take advantage of these features when they are introduced later on.

Should you require further assistance, please submit another help request the next time you are online. We hope you continue to enjoy your experience in World of Warcraft!

For any game play questions, please refer to our site at http://www.blizzard.com/support/wowgm/

Just FYI, and wanted to thank the guys who basicly said the same.

Quote Originally Posted by NefariousNinja
    The stickie on the official WoW General Forums. I was hoping to get a blue response, but no luck.
    thanks mate

Facts : If you are worried about security, authenticator is your best friend, and to use an authenticator you need Bnet.
    This fact isn't quite correct. Blizzard offers two authenticator options.
    1)The physical keychain sized authenticator.
    2)A cell-phone application.

#2 only works with Bnet
    #1 works just fine without it

Of course, on Nov11 it becomes true by default.