Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Addons For a Addon-less Healer

Quote Originally Posted by Cyman
    I used to use healbot alot, but I ended up switching to Vuhdo after trying that and grid+clique. I really like the easy of set up and adjusting that can be done with Vuhdo.
    VuhDo FTW!

Easy to setup - basically works "out of the box". I has all the things included like Grid/clique and healbot does. I'll say, try it out and see for your self

Deleted

from my point of view there is grid+ clique and ... that's all

ofc you can try others like healbot but it has major(i mean really major flows)
    if you wanna use mouse over macros that means you don't need clique anymore. I don't recomend that since you are discipline and you should use a lot if spells. Moving over so many keys will make you mistake spells and you are slow. Clique offers the possibility to just use a click and cast a spell on that target.
    Grid is very customizable but i would like more from it. The guy who said xperl is more customized ... lol. Grid even offers marks for different auras of the player. You don't need a big icon to know a player has disease. A single small square will show you that on grid.
    OFC you can find other addons but my suggestion is to use grid and clique. If you succed to pass the first hour of testing and configuration of grid you will be more than happy with what you will obtain

i rather have a big icon to see if someone has a disease.

huge flickering unitframe>small square

and youre avatar is like wielding a 2hander whilst being a priest~! i mean how can he ever tie his laces like that?! totally not taking anything from you

Just curious how many people are actually add-on-less healers...

I don't use anything but dbm in raids. Maybe it's just that I've adapted after using the blizz UI for so long, but I have never had issues with it. I roll a resto sham and am consistently in the top 2 (my GM and I have epic shaman vs druid heal battles on a nightly basis)

I experimented with Healbot a few times and it was so bad my GM wisped me and asked if I was drunk. Have yet to find one that I'm really comfortable with but I've never seemed to need one.

Just curious if I'm the only one who feels this way.

Quote Originally Posted by zahoan
    use grid and clique. If you succed to pass the first hour of testing and configuration of grid you will be more than happy with what you will obtain
    OR - you could get VuhDo and the 1 hour hassle with Grid would not be necessary. I am yet to understand WHY, anyone would prefer Grid+Clique over anything. Grid is shit to setup imo, then it shows small squares around the healthbar for showing debuffs/diseases etc. and you need yet another addon (clique) to cast heal with it? Clique needs setting up too - I really do not understand the advantage in all this hassle when addons are out there that does exactly the same and are more or less setup in beforehand.

Take VuhDo (Yes I'm a big fan^^ ) It will automatically insert the spells that fits your class on different mouse clicks for you. If you do not like the setup, change it, but when it has been installed you can basically go heal with it. And btw when someone gets eg. poisen the healthbar will turn to a "unhealthy" green color. When magic is applied their bar goes red etc. Impossible to not see and much simpler than knowing when the little square in the center button shows then the guy has disease...or was it a buff?? ^^

Now please, tell me what does Grid do so well that you need to use an hour+ to setup?

i use GRID together with macro's for every spell i use.

like this one:

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover,exists,help] Flash Heal; [target=target,exists,help] Flash Heal; [target=Targetstarget,exists,help] Flash Heal; [target=Kumakun,exists,help] Flash Heal

healing without addons is just so ineffective.
    but i guess it's very subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhanaa
    Now please, tell me what does Grid do so well that you need to use an hour+ to setup?
    Grid was the first truly customizable raidframe and nowadays has a solid number of "plugin" addons that further increase its abilities.
    Those points and the low ressource demand made Grid for a long time the best raidframe in WoW.

In your opinion investing 1h in UI setup is a major drawback. Thats fine, although I do not share that opinion.
    What I would appreciate to see is a side by side comparison of the ressource demand of the raidframes that were discussed here,
    because ressource demand is something that I am concerned about when I choose addons.

It's not that I won't use time in setting up my UI. I invest a lot of time in my UI, but I do not want to use unnecessary time. I must admit that I do not know how many ressources my VuhDo use, but I will find out. A lower ressource consumption is a valid point if it is of somewhat a greater reduction. But I doubt that Grid+Clique+"plugin" addons use lesser ressources all together than just one addon that does it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhanaa
    It takes an hour to setup (if you suck and have never done it before) because you can set it up to display everything for your needs exactly how you want it displayed. You also don't need Clique, in fact I think Clique sucks. If you need what Clique offers you should get Click2Cast, which does everything Clique does, only better. Better yet, you can just write your own macros to do the exact same thing.

Grid and Pitbull are both really setup intensive. The reason is because they're both so customizable. It's also why they're ultimately to popular. VuhDo is a lot like ag_Unit in that it's much easier to setup, mimics a lot of what more comprehensive mods do. Here's the question though, why are you against Grid + Clique when Grid + Clique takes up less resources combined than VuhDo by itself? Click2Cast takes up even less and allows even more options without the need of macros which press macro buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by Angevinus
    I use grid, clique, and I can't recall its name, but an add on to track prayer of mending is also helpful.
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...g-tracker.aspx

PoM can be tracked via grid, but this mod shows you your PoM, who it's on, and how many charges are left.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

1) Grid

2) GridStatusRaidDebuff <-- This thing has made a huge difference for me, I can't live without it now. My Grid contains such a huge amount of information now between this and SideIndicators in such a small, streamlined area, it's perfect. I highly suggest getting this plugin for anyone that hasn't seen it yet, take a few minutes to size up the "center icon" so it's not "in the way" and then check off what raid boss debuffs you really need to see who has.

Examples - Seeing the stacks from Gormok on the tanks, seeing who is standing in fires on Gormok, Koralon, etc.
    who is frozen from Icehowl's Ice Breath.
    exactly who has Burning Bile and Paralytic Poison on the Jormungars.
    who to heal right away for Jaraxxus' Incinerate Flesh.

Not to mention any other damn thing a raid boss could possibly due, you'll know the exact second it happens and exactly who it's happening to, without reading raid warnings or waiting to hear it on vent! Helps keep your eyes in one place...on the people in the raid and their health/situation. (Remember to look for fires still )

Link to the addon on Curse.com -> http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...id-debuff.aspx

3) GridSideIndicators

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Quote Originally Posted by G l o w y r m
    1) Grid
    2) GridStatusRaidDebuff
    I used to program debuffs into Grid like the KT Iceblock and such, but #2 on his list puts it on the players Grid frame. The best thing to happen to raid awareness since... well since my raid leader yelling in vent. Remind me to delete this so I don't gets no dkp minus!
    Oswald was over hit cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Kzilla
    I used to program debuffs into Grid like the KT Iceblock and such, but #2 on his list puts it on the players Grid frame. The best thing to happen to raid awareness since... well since my raid leader yelling in vent. Remind me to delete this so I don't gets no dkp minus!
    LOL! The bold part made me laugh pretty good

But yeah, I just found out about that addon like 1 month ago and I can't believe I never heard of it until recently, it's really upped my raid awareness to maximum power.

I think x-perl has been underated in this thread. It does everything that grid does but its better and more clearer imo, I used both but I came back to perl. Maybe, yeah, it does take up too much memory for those with not so good computers but meh its worth it imo. Anyway I think you should check out all these healing addons Grid, X-perl and healbot etc. I guess its just personal preference.
    I'm just saying I have never failed because of x-perl and it helps me perform well in raids, so it can't be bad (it looks so good too), saying that I never failed because of Grid I just disliked it more.
    But one thing is certain make sure you get one of these addons or your putting yourself at a huge disadvantage whilst healing, blizz UI sucks! Just want to put my emphasis there

Yes it's definitely a personal thing, I don't see how Xperl could show as much information as Grid can though. Can't find a decent screenshot showing debuffs and buffs on the raid frames.

@Didleydo I think it's because most people don't like the look of x-perl, more than its functionality. I used x-perl back in vanilla, but when things like Pitbull and other clean looking mods came out I switched very quickly. My eyes thanked me. ;D