Thread: VE Change

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: VE Change

Quote Originally Posted by MushroomBomb
    You all seem to be forgetting that AoE is being changed in 3.3 as well. We'll cap out at 10K per Mind Sear tick (if I remember correctly), so there's really only so much that we can heal for.

Multi-dotting, on the other hand... that might heal for quite a lot
    I'd have to go back and re-read it, but I believe AoE already had a cap, they're just changing the way the cap works. Still gonna be a crapton of damage, which will lead to 25% of a crapton of healing to you and 5% of a crapton of healing to your party. =P

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist
    It will prob be nerf somehow. Best case scenerio, it wont work with mindsear, worst case the heals with have a short cooldown. Take Ony for example (chose ony cause of the adds and i realize this is ICC patch so ony doesnt matter) 40 whelps, mindseer hitting 39 mobs, healing 5 people from damage on all those 39 mobs.. getting aggro on 40 mobs for all that heal. Between the damage and the heal, i dont think even a paladin would keep aggro of you. Actually the damage you do to them would only be a fraction of tha hate that the heal provide.
    I had to reply once more to this - I've tried to take aggro countless times from some tanks I played with. I never managed to do it and I didn't even use Fade back then.

However, you can use /cancelaura Vampiric Embrace and continue Mind Searing. You also have passive threat reduction from Shadowform and you can spec Shadow Affinity if needed. I don't see this as any issue when talking about threat. With current gear and mechanics, even with 1k dps more - we won't be able to overaggro. And if we do, we have fade. And if that doesn't save us, there's hand of salvation. And even if that isn't enough, use dispersion and tank them for a few secs. And if that doesn't cut it, just have another pally use hand of protection.
    There are many many ways of dropping aggro or not causing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosshorn
    I'd have to go back and re-read it, but I believe AoE already had a cap, they're just changing the way the cap works. Still gonna be a crapton of damage, which will lead to 25% of a crapton of healing to you and 5% of a crapton of healing to your party. =P
    Actually, I think when they mentioned the AoE cap, they were referring to the fact that Mind Sear currently doesn't have a damage cap unlike other AoE, and that will most likely change next patch when they change how AoE damage caps work.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchbite
    I literally came buckets when i understood what it meant. It should help PvP out alot
    how do you even come to this conclusion.

in pvp, spriest problems are:

-the least mobile class
    -takes too long to set up dots considering you're the #1 target
    -inability to take that damage and live WHILE dpsing (dispersion means you take 10% damage and do 0%)

pvp problems are still there. VE is still the worst "healing via damage" spell in the game, paladins, locks and dks do more

the changes to the mana cost of switching forms is nice, but still, you drop shadowform you take a LOT more damage and it's really not worth it to change to heal unless you've got time to do so and take no damage

spriests still have to earn every single thing they get in pvp and in pve, bad ones are still bad, good ones just won't look like bad ones to non-spriests

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground
    This, they are actually making priests need to fade again lol.
    I've never stopped using it. High skill spriests still top charts and still have agro issues. While I love buffs and all that jazz, this'll actually let me rest here and there, bringing me back to the pack.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku
    I've never stopped using it. High skill spriests still top charts and still have agro issues. While I love buffs and all that jazz, this'll actually let me rest here and there, bringing me back to the pack.
    Well I use it too when I have to, but most priests ignore it completely unless they are pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku
    I've never stopped using it. High skill spriests still top charts and still have agro issues in guilds with horrible dps and horrible tanks. While I love buffs and all that jazz, this'll actually let me rest here and there, bringing me back to the pack.

fixed

a PVP buff is a PVP buff. I'm not complaining.

Part of my problem with PVP, is that i'm so busy either trying to kill my target, or defend myself, I really don't want to waste a global cooldown.

The new VE will prevent this.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Quote Originally Posted by Weena
    Say your doing 20k dps over 40mobs, thats 500dps to each mob. 15+(3x4) = 27% of your damage=healing, 27% of 20k is 5400HPS, assuming for some odd reason everyone in your party is on low health and constantly losing it. Correct me if im wrong but healing generates about 50% of the healing done into threat. 5400HPS/20=135 --> 135 x 50% = 67.5 threat + 500dps/threat = 570ish or so threat per second to every mob. So 570 TPS on AOE, dont think tanks will have a hard time achieveing that.

If anythings wrong my bad its really late >.>

As far as i understand the mechanics and i could very well be wrong all heals you push out adds aggro to every single mob around but dps you push out only add aggro to the mob that is taking the damage. So 20k dps, but each whelp would only register the 500 dps they are receiving, 5400 hps and every single whelp is receiving threat for every bit of heal.. and if threat of heals is indead reduced by half thats still 2700 tps... again thats how i thought threat work could very well be wrong. either way Mindsear wont work with VE so i got the best case scenerio right.

Also keep in mind, those are very weak numbers. If mindsear only did 500dps per mob it would be one craptastic spell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

If I land a GHeal bomb, and it crits for OMG OP 20k, if we're on a single target fight, say Phase 1 of Anub'arak. That's 10k threat (before reductions) On Anub'arak.

The second his two adds pop, and that 20k crit happens, that's 3.3k threat per target.

The heal threat is reduced by half, and split up between mobs. It's how Warriors didn't shoot themselves over their healers dying in Classic or TBC. Well, they still sucked in Classic, but it got better. :P
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    If I land a GHeal bomb, and it crits for OMG OP 20k, if we're on a single target fight, say Phase 1 of Anub'arak. That's 10k threat (before reductions) On Anub'arak.

The second his two adds pop, and that 20k crit happens, that's 3.3k threat per target.

The heal threat is reduced by half, and split up between mobs. It's how Warriors didn't shoot themselves over their healers dying in Classic or TBC. Well, they still sucked in Classic, but it got better. :P
    And now i learn a bit more on how things work and all the more happy for it. Thanks for clarifying, was never sure that worked and since i dont heal outside of pvp (other then utility heals) i wasnt concerned enough to do the research.

Still i was right about VE not working with Mindsear... can i get a cookie?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist
    And now i learn a bit more on how things work and all the more happy for it. Thanks for clarifying, was never sure that worked and since i dont heal outside of pvp (other then utility heals) i wasnt concerned enough to do the research.

Still i was right about VE not working with Mindsear... can i get a cookie?
    I suppose.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I think these changes to spriests at the moment are more than we dared to hope; its like getting a big xmas present that compensates all the other xmases when you got nothing and everyone else got heaps of toys.

Im happy if this comes out live! And what GC said, its unlikely that it will work with Mind Sear, which more than ok to me!

I'm sure this isn't whats planned but it would be even better if the buff is something you place on raid members. Anyone with the buff is healed for 5% of the damage you do(or 5% of the damage they do). This would be a nerf to our self healing but would allow us to heal the entire raid much like DKs and Pallies. If they upped the amount healed by DP from 15% to 100% that would give us back our self heals. If it stays party only it really needs to be increased to 6%/10% talented. But Bliz said they were moving ALL buffs away from being party specific because they didn't want parties to matter at all.
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

[blizzquote="Ghostcrawler;http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=20444817490&pageNo=1&sid=1#17]VE is unlikely to work with Mind Sear. Just sayin. [/blizzquote"]

heh

Meh, it's not like it works with Mind Sear now for anything apart from AoE grinding, most of the time if you were AoEing you wouldn't be taking a massive amount of damage anyway. In a raid there's not really any point in casting it on every mob before Mind Searing, we still get the benefit of not having to use a GCD for everything else.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I dunno, if they made it so when you mind seared, VE only affected you, I'd be cool with that. AoE grinding is something I do more often then none...

Then again... just having VE as a self buff, is going to VE up to a... dare I say it, useful raid mechanic? In fact, depending on how all this plays out, I may just put 2 points back into Improved VE.

I'm excited!

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Looks like it will be convenient for ignoring the 1% total health damage aura that they have in Icecrown too

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Looks like it will be convenient for ignoring the 1% total health damage aura that they have in Icecrown too
    not while being afk :P

Quote Originally Posted by domzae
    There is of course one down side to this (PvP orientated) -

I'm very fond of letting spell reflects and grounding totems eat up my VE magic debuff, but no more. Guess we have can still cast a pre-tick MF, but that means stopping moving for a split second. =P
    Mind Soothe