Page 1 of 2
LastLast

We're Not Retreating; We're Advancing in a Different Direction. lolwut?

so, if you haent seen it yet, on the front page is an acievement with the name and description:

We're Not Retreating; We're Advancing in a Different Direction.
    Escape from the Lich King in under two hours and eleven seconds.

now, does that suggest that we will have a zelda-like-gtfo part in ICC after defeating the lich king?

wouldnt that be awesome?

however, the 2 hour duration seems pretty long, heck, it probably is a typo just like how it was with "beat yogg in under 30 minutes" when the first ulduar achievements came out.

what do you think?

Re: We're Not Retreating; We're Advancing in a Different Direction. lolwut?

It's not actually ICC (raid) it's halls of reflection (5 man)
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

The name is a homage to Red vs Blue if im not mistaken

My prediction is there's a "OMG WE'RE FUCKED!!!!" moment where you realised you can't beat the Lich King and the 'Escape' is the instance itself where rather than bosses being in their base and you invading, they're stopping you from getting away.

Just a thought.

Gundrak, Oceanic PvP

Deleted

placeholder?

Quote Originally Posted by Jules
    placeholder?
    Probably, but then again, we never know, as raids can be extended aswell as instances, it could probably be like naxx, if u want, u could do 1 wing/day, and such... or Placeholder, I'm not sure.

Perhaps, and this is just a shot in the dark, at the beginning of the dungeon you encounter the Lich King, and must progress through the dungeon. It could just be a longer dungeon, as some of the heroics now take about an hour and a half to finish. (At least, for the slow people on my realm.)
    Again, I have nothing to back this up so it's probably far from the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Naft
    Probably, but then again, we never know, as raids can be extended aswell as instances, it could probably be like naxx, if u want, u could do 1 wing/day, and such... or Placeholder, I'm not sure.
    We can never know? Yeah I guess if you are retarded then you might believe that achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Neb-X
    My prediction is there's a "OMG WE'RE FUCKED!!!!" moment where you realised you can't beat the Lich King and the 'Escape' is the instance itself where rather than bosses being in their base and you invading, they're stopping you from getting away.

Just a thought.
    sounds interesting... hmm

Quote Originally Posted by Rurikar
    We can never know? Yeah I guess if you are retarded then you might believe that achievement.
    please, no dumbass flaming, kthxbai

This is what? The 10th thread about this...?

It doesn't take much to realize this is a placeholder. This instance will be about us escaping from the Lich King. Now since this instance lists 1 more boss encounter, 2 baddies packed into 1, the question is if we will have to kill them first to get to Arthas or if they will be blocking our escape.

Nevertheless, it's a very interesting concept.

And indeed this refers to the 5man - Halls of Reflection. We go into the raid instance to whoop the LK's ass with everything the Argent Crusade and the Alliance/Horde has to offer - there will be no running away

Guys guys please! The time is probably a placeholder, just as most times are at this point in PTR testing. But the wording of the achievement is real and there for a reason.

The easiest reason I can think of is that we fight through the stuff in the instance then there is a cut scene where arthas comes out and tries to own us but we run away. Get to that cut scene fast enough and you get the chief.
    Why not you paid your $15 right?

Quote Originally Posted by evoker
    This is what? The 10th thread about this...?

It doesn't take much to realize this is a placeholder. This instance will be about us escaping from the Lich King. Now since this instance lists 1 more boss encounter, 2 baddies packed into 1, the question is if we will have to kill them first to get to Arthas or if they will be blocking our escape.

Nevertheless, it's a very interesting concept.

And indeed this refers to the 5man - Halls of Reflection. We go into the raid instance to whoop the LK's ass with everything the Argent Crusade and the Alliance/Horde has to offer - there will be no running away
    I sure hope they'll be blocking my way, or that Bubble Hearth will become useful ;D

10+ Year Old Account

placeholder?
    Yes, as we've seen this before with the Yogg speed kill achievement initially shown at 22minutes.
    Only 2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe - Albert Einstein

the 2 bosses are before the Lich King, which you'll probably have to escape using that extra route on the instance map
    3 things that prove that the 2 bosses come first:

- the map layout
    - the achievement list for the dungeon
    - the boss list from Blizz

and, obviously, that time is a placeholder
    Dear developers,

please nerf Rock, it's too overpowered. Paper is fine, however.
    Signed, Scissors.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Jetherenn
    as some of the heroics now take about an hour and a half to finish. (At least, for the slow people on my realm.)
    What realm do you play on? For people in leveling greens and blues heroics should take no more than half that unless they are the worst wipefest ever.

P-L-A-C-E-H-O-L-D-E-R-S

It's just a typo.

2 Hours and 11 seconds should be 2 Minutes and 11 seconds. I would bet money.

15+ Year Old Account

Not a typo, a placeholder.

After they do some testing on it they will decide what time to put on it. It could be 2 mins, 4 mins, or even 10..who knows.

placeholder?
    My memory might fail me but I am sure I've read a blue post saying ther'll be a 5men when, in the end (when you open up all the 3 wings) you'll face Arthas...probably that achievement refers to that, and the Lich King will just say "It's too eatly to fight me, now you'll die here" etc etc.