Thread: Ret PVP trinket

15+ Year Old Account

Ret PVP trinket

Little question here: what trinket to use in PvP?

I'm a Blood Elf playing ret/rogue and ret/rogue/priest. Currentl using WG pvp trinket (Titan-Forged Rune) and wondering what the other one should be?
    I have access to Battlemaster's Rage, but thinking of getting Greatness.

Any opinions?

Deleted

Re: Ret PVP trinket

Quit playing Ret and that should solve all your problems

<3 but seriously, the majority of the time it greatness is a good card to use rather than the battlemaster trinks

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Camelfan
    Quit playing Ret and that should solve all your problems

<3 but seriously, the majority of the time it greatness is a good card to use rather than the battlemaster trinks
    Trying to quit ret, but it's so damn hard to give up smashing people's faces with few buttons. :P

Anyway, thanks a lot, now to get all those Noble cards. :-\

i play ret-rogue too and im using Platinum Disks of Battle. it gives you resi and you can use it with the wings+trinket macro. its i good burst increase
    u can use every trinket like this i just need the resi from this one
    but greatness is good too
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    2pc: An awesome looking set of wings appears and flaps once from time to time.
    4pc: Doubles the chance of the 2pc bonus occurring.

Deleted

Any time ^^

I mean I play a retadin in PvP with the greatness card but luckily my friend happened to give me a free nobles deck before he quit so I can say woohoo! :P

I'm playing ret/rogue. I switched from DMC: Death to the 256 ap Battlemaster trinket this season. The BM trinket has saved me a couple of games, plus the AP is really nice. Greatness is nice too, but i wouldn't use it over a Death card for ret/rogue in 2s. Honestly it's not going to make that much difference which one you choose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    The fact remains that you FUCKING FAIL.

Greatness / Titan Forged IMHO.

Greatness = more DPS, stronger sacred shield and heals. Besides, the point of double DPS is to kill some thing fast. We have a lot of defensive utility that overshadows the battlemasters proc.

I don't think they'll be going for you, anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopzz
    Greatness / Titan Forged IMHO.

Greatness = more DPS, stronger sacred shield and heals. Besides, the point of double DPS is to kill some thing fast. We have a lot of defensive utility that overshadows the battlemasters proc.

I don't think they'll be going for you, anyway...
    lol wut? stronger sacred shield?... no
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    2pc: An awesome looking set of wings appears and flaps once from time to time.
    4pc: Doubles the chance of the 2pc bonus occurring.

Quote Originally Posted by Screamo
    Greatness adds 90 str, which is like 207 AP, which converts to a little more than 60 spell power. Sacred Shield absorbs more damage the more spell power you have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    The fact remains that you FUCKING FAIL.

Quote Originally Posted by Screamo
    learn game mechanics, ever hear of sheath of light?

Greatness is a static 160 strength, + 15% = 184 strength x 2 ap per strength = 368 attack power, which converts to 110 spell power.

Sacred shield scales at a rate of 75% spell
    power. 75% of 110.4, rounded up, would be 83 damage absorbed per proc.

Battlemasters adds 256 attack power, which converts to 77 spell power, which, rounded up, absorbs 58 damage per proc. A net loss of 25 damage every proc.

You also lose 33 spell power. Flash scales at a rate of 100%, so you lose +33 on non crit and +50 on crits, and also the extra healing from the HoT portion.

Now go reroll again, scrub.

Nobles or Deaths Choice.

Kthx, end of thread

Quote Originally Posted by Samelar
    Deathwing: "Heh.What are you doesent made you something more than a Mortal.IM the Deathwing!And I will KILL YOU!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz
    are you retdad of dreadmaul if so i would just liek to psot knowone raid with this guy he ninjas offspec items...
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthurDent
    He's a product of Natural Selection.... someone drank a case of Natural Light and knocked up an Irish, morbidly obese Downs chick.

personally using Mark of Supremacy and love it. takes care of my hit requirements (space goat -- i guess it woudl be even better since ur belf that way w/ that + relentless ring you would be set) and is freaking awesome macroed into wings for burst. Death's Verdict is really nice too if u regularly do ToC25. i used to run w/ greatness but i like the control of use trinkets personally. i guess it all depends on where you are in the gearing process. if you are newly hitting arena platinum disks are really nice but once your in full relentless/furious then the resil isnt needed in the slightest and you can go for a more dps based trinket. also dont pick something for the sheath of light bonus, yeah a little more sp is nice its not going to be game breaking.

Get an on use AP trinket (wrathstone works nicely) and macro it into your wings, reliable burst > random procs.
    R.I.P Ronnie James Dio 1942 - 2010