Thread: new div sac+DG

Deleted

new div sac+DG

im just wondering if anyone ahs tested if the 20% damage reduction is apllied to the paladin to because in that case it can work as a mini shieldwall on bosses with low aoe

15+ Year Old Account

Re: new div sac+DG

it would seem so, but I would like to know for sure as well.

Lets assume for a second that it does, we will have several CDs at our disposal, should we choose to use them.

-Divine Protection 50% reduction, not mini, but our main dmg reducer
    -Salv Glyph 20% reduction, not great for single tank fights, but still useful in many situations
    -DSac 20% reduction, assuming there isnt massive AoE, useful in plenty of fights

I like it.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Deleted

yes it could prove to be extremly usefull in alot of situations wich is why i want to know even though i haven't tanked anything since tbc

10+ Year Old Account

I'm kinda liking the new divine sacrifice, it will not just be better for tanking It will also be better for retribution & holy specs. Sure it wont reduce damage raid wide unless you get the new divine guardian but because it reduces the damage the paladin takes from it by 50% it means it can be used when divine shield is on cool down if you pop divine protection or have more healing focused on you.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by zcks
    I'm kinda liking the new divine sacrifice, it will not just be better for tanking It will also be better for retribution & holy specs. Sure it wont reduce damage raid wide unless you get the new divine guardian but because it reduces the damage the paladin takes from it by 50% it means it can be used when divine shield is on cool down if you pop divine protection or have more healing focused on you.
    Too bad no Ret will have Divine Guardian unless PvP/Command spec'd.

Quote Originally Posted by maaghen
    im just wondering if anyone has tested if the 20% damage reduction is apllied to the paladin too
    thats a really goos question. I think its a NO though because the paladin is sacrificing itself to take the damage. Also the incoming damage will be decreased by 50% so it wont be NEAR as bad as it is now. I actually died the other night (Like a total fucking moron LOL) during a boss fight, i dont know which remember. But the tank was taking alot of incoming damage and i dropped right away from HoS. Thats another thing they should look at. The Divine Sacrifice change is definately a PVP nerf but we can roll with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilhealz
    The Divine Sacrifice change is definately a PVP nerf but we can roll with it.
    PVP nerf wut?

1) It can absorb more group damage than it did before
    2) It reduces all damage taken
    3) damage absorbed is reduced before it gets to you

Doesn't really look like a nerf to me

Definately a slight pvp buff, while a pve utility buff to holy//prot if you wanna think about it that way. No raiding ret will have DG, but holydins and protadins do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Too bad no Ret will have Divine Guardian unless PvP/Command spec'd.
    No, i have it for my PVE spec, i know i miss a thing here or there, but this has benefitted my raid more times than i can count, and they thank me for it, now it has even more practical application

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by jenseits
    No, i have it for my PVE spec, i know i miss a thing here or there, but this has benefitted my raid more times than i can count, and they thank me for it, now it has even more practical application
    What spec are you running? Even with dropping Swift Retribution, you shouldn't have enough points to get to Divine Guardian without dropping something significant.

Wouldn't this be a straight extra raid wide cooldown if the paladin tank was put in a raid group by himself?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    What spec are you running? Even with dropping Swift Retribution, you shouldn't have enough points to get to Divine Guardian without dropping something significant.
    Yeah, the only way that would be possible to pick up DG and keep Divine Storm would be to drop two points in SotP. Obviously a major dps loss, but it might be worth it to spec that way for a few hardmode fights.

Every holy paladin should have this, though.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by BDF
    Wouldn't this be a straight extra raid wide cooldown if the paladin tank was put in a raid group by himself?
    SHH! People might abuse it by putting the Prot in his or her own group

Quote Originally Posted by tjanson
    Yeah, the only way that would be possible to pick up DG and keep Divine Storm would be to drop two points in SotP. Obviously a major dps loss, but it might be worth it to spec that way for a few hardmode fights.

Every holy paladin should have this, though.
    That is pretty much it, i don't get 3 points in seal of the pure. Now i'm usually one to do w/e it takes to get and good dmg boosts, but i figure, while i lose 9% dmg from said seals, i'm gaining a raid wide shield that can really make a difference. Now if i was struggling on the meters, i'd drop it and go with 5/5 SotP which has crossed my mind. But i've been doing so well up to this point that i haven't seen a need to yet.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by jenseits
    That is pretty much it, i don't get 3 points in seal of the pure. Now i'm usually one to do w/e it takes to get and good dmg boosts, but i figure, while i lose 9% dmg from said seals, i'm gaining a raid wide shield that can really make a difference. Now if i was struggling on the meters, i'd drop it and go with 5/5 SotP which has crossed my mind. But i've been doing so well up to this point that i haven't seen a need to yet.
    Or you can roll with full DPS (in terms of talents) while reducing incoming tank damage by 15-20% all the time for no resource cost?

i dont know what spec you guys are talking about that drops something important but this is my spec

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Prophetnoata

As you can see I have all the stuff(which is necessary) and DS. Tell me if my spec is wrong or something important that im missing. And does anyone know a macro that can cast Bubble than DS.

Thank You

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetNoata
    i dont know what spec you guys are talking about that drops something important but this is my spec

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Prophetnoata

As you can see I have all the stuff(which is necessary) and DS. Tell me if my spec is wrong or something important that im missing. And does anyone know a macro that can cast Bubble than DS.

Thank You
    You have DS, but no DG, which the other poster mentioned picking up.