Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Funnest paladin spec?

I just hit 80 on my paladin and i'm wondering what you guys think is the funnest spec to play PvE wise

throw me your thoughts!!

Re: Funnest paladin spec?

Holy = Caretaker/Hall Monitor. A bit on the boring side unless you really enjoy the supervisory role.

Prot = Center of Attention. You're at the top of everyone's (threat) list. If you aren't there, everyone else just stands there with a thumb in their behind.

Ret = Outcast Kid/Rebel. The guy that does what he wants to regardless of how many other people are doing it or the stigma attached to doing it.

Almost everyone levels their pally as ret but many will shy away from it when they reach max level. They abandon ret because it's an overpopulated spec, they wanted to be holy or prot to begin with, or they can't handle the constant ridicule of being ret.

EDIT: I am clearly a Ret advocate. Prot is #2. Holy takes last place mostly because I am just that bad at it.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Stood in the Fire DaveTheHunter's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Well, it's all a matter of opinion but I think prot is the spec that is the "most fun". I no longer play a Paladin as my main, but tanking can be quite fun.

15+ Year Old Account

reckoning/ret hybrid swing that mace around with reckoning and CoCmd procs or a spell dmg holy pally with ele shammy mail on for hit rating and crit?

Shockadin or Protribution, can't decide at this point though...
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

Hard to say..try this one:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...a3lMY_w,,10571

With it, you can offer a bit from every role to your raid.

Or go just holy.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Horn
    Shockadin or Protribution, can't decide at this point though...
    And here is where my sig comes into play:

Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator
    I thought you misspelled Portret.

What the hell is up with those retarded names lately?

Holydin? Protret? Proly? ......Just fucking call it a protection/Retribution paladin!

Hows my Elehancemento shaman doing? see how retarded it sounds.

The question isn't what the funnest spec is, as every spec can be fun. The question is, what is fun to you? Tanking? Healing? DPSing?

If you have been playing as one thing so far (DPS for example) i strongly suggest you try one of the other two (or maybe both) - i.e. tanking / healing.
    Signature too large

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    lmao wow that's a damn good sig!

back on topic... I've been playing a paladin for 3+ years now and I think prot is by far the most fun spec to play in my opinion. It never gets old, it keeps me entertained more than any other spec, you always have something to do, and you get to control all the action. I really hate running with slow/retarded tanks when I am holy or ret, so that's probably the biggest reason why prot gets my vote.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguissa

Or go just holy.
    2 pts in Imp LoH is such a waste. Move 1 pt to Aura Mastery and that spec is perfect!!

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    My GM coined the phrase Restomental when we were looking for a Healer with a solid dps spec.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguissa

Or go just holy.
    I think I died a little inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    Holy = Caretaker/Hall Monitor. A bit on the boring side unless you really enjoy the supervisory role.

Prot = Center of Attention. You're at the top of everyone's (threat) list. If you aren't there, everyone else just stands there with a thumb in their behind.

Ret = Outcast Kid/Rebel. The guy that does what he wants to regardless of how many other people are doing it or the stigma attached to doing it.

Almost everyone levels their pally as ret but many will shy away from it when they reach max level. They abandon ret because it's an overpopulated spec, they wanted to be holy or prot to begin with, or they can't handle the constant ridicule of being ret.

EDIT: I am clearly a Ret advocate. Prot is #2. Holy takes last place mostly because I am just that bad at it.
    Wow, guess 40% of the wow population are rebels now? :P
    Meh

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    My GM coined the phrase Restomental when we were looking for a Healer with a solid dps spec.
    Sounds like brain damage.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    2 pts in Imp LoH is such a waste. Move 1 pt to Aura Mastery and that spec is perfect!!
    fixed and added glyph with it

Quote Originally Posted by Ihatepallys
    Shockadin hands down
    If you think 3k crits are fun , then maybe... yes.

Protection. While I have an offspec as Retribution, I always find myself going back to protection even when I am farming or PvPing. Something about being a nearly unstoppable monster, able to take on twenty guys without even breaking a sweat, just appeals to me. Plus the feeling of being at the feet of a boss and taking all his might and surviving just feels so much better then hanging out around his back/side with a big sword nicking slowly away at him. I can't really say much about Holy, have yet to use the spec as I have a Shaman I use for healing. Maybe I should give that a shot.

How about this FoL Healing / Support spec:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...Jx5l,S6k,10571

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    How about this FoL Healing / Support spec:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...Jx5l,S6k,10571
    i would move 2 points to imp. HoJ
    but not so sure about the viability..

Been playing pala for bout 3 years now. I play all three specs. Duel spec ret / tank, and change tank to holy from time to time depending if i get bored. In my general oppinion tanking is lots of fun just for the fact of :

Everyone loves a tank

Need a PuG? Boom your in

Ret is nice when you get the gearz to pull out the big numbers. its nice to see mages and hunters below ya on the dps charts, usually causes QQ

And healing is... well... healing... same with most classes really. I find healing really damn dull...

to round up...

If duel spec go ret/tank
    if single go tank (y)
    Oh noes! Plz don't perma ban me :-/ *flips the bird* OH NOES I WON'T BE ABLE TO POST!PLXDON'T!!one loldie