Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Leatrix Latency Fix addon for WoW

Wondered if anyone has used this before, I found the addon @ wowinterface (http://www.wowinterface.com/download...yFix.html#info)which has always been a safe place for me to get addons - wanted to know if people have had some good luck with it?

Says on the wowinterface website, "Leatrix Latency Fix will reduce your World of Warcraft latency significantly by increasing the frequency of TCP acknowledgements sent to the game server.

You will also see reduced latency in other online games such as Aion, Warhammer and Lord of the Rings. The average reduction in latency (based on feedback from comments) is 66%."

Guess I'll give it a whirl. :-)

Re: Leatrix Latency Fix addon for WoW

hmmmmm is it legit?

it will fix your wow lat yes, but it may mess up other things(atm i can practice in my DotA league cause i cant log on)
    its not an addon it just configures your interwebs to run wow better or some random pc junk
    i went from a normal 250-500 to 80-120 after i opened it and clicked change pc specs
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

Yeah, I modified the registry this way myself, but if you don't know what you're doing, then this is safer than playing with your own registry.

It's legit, it's just a script to add some certain keys to your registry. I believe if you have Windows 7 though, you don't need this since they finally got around to making it default there

If you use Windows XP or Vista, log in and play for a few minutes and see what your ping is at, then use this and I guarantee it will drop by at least half.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

went from 200+ms to about 85 in Dal so thanks

15+ Year Old Account

This is legit. It decreases latency in Warcraft at possible cost of network efficiency in other applications. It really depends on the application. If you encounter problems in something else after installing the fix, just uninstall it. It's that simple.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Before I loaded the mod, (I also got his latency addon too) - I was standing in Org at the Hall of Legends (no exaggeration here) and I had 179ms. I didn't look at what my frame rate was at the time, just forgot to do it - now I'm at 60ms. I want to pay attention to the gfx addon (I say addon because the gfx one loads like an addon) because my frame rate in 25 mans has been 3 frames on average. Believe it or not it's down to 1 with a Bloodlust. Seems legit and it's definitely helped with ms. Edited to add: the frame rate one doesn't seem as impressive as the latency one. Unless I'm totally missing something. I usually have about 5fps in Dalaran and now I have 12. Maybe it's considerable to some but to me it seems /shrug..eh. Anyone have information on the gfx add?

what is the name of the gfx one?

Keylogger

The gfx one is here: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...eatrixGfx.html

I'm noticing a small increase in fps but nothing mind blowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Flight
    Keylogger
    Since so many say thats real i doubt it... :
    I have no idea what this means, but it sounds about right^^

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

It's just a registry edit, recoded to a .exe. Definately not a keylogger. I had it redirect all output to a different output source - a debugging tool I have that I also use to check for viruses and keyloggers. It sandboxes itself out, and redirects all output - screen, memory, and disk - to a virtual term window. Then I actually RAN the program. My latency dropped from an average of 180ms (damn wireless) to an average of 80ms.

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble
    It's just a registry edit, recoded to a .exe. Definately not a keylogger. I had it redirect all output to a different output source - a debugging tool I have that I also use to check for viruses and keyloggers. It sandboxes itself out, and redirects all output - screen, memory, and disk - to a virtual term window. Then I actually RAN the program. My latency dropped from an average of 180ms (damn wireless) to an average of 80ms.
    So no keylogger ;D

i like it when you talk nerdy to me.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

I should add, that I use Windows 7, and as I said above, it did have a positive effect. Win7 uses the same defaults for networking that Vista does - most software that uses the network protocol that WoW does aren't games, games usually use a different setup for connections, and the system other games use is not affected by the option. In fact, I think WoW is unique in using that protocol, amongst online games. This "latency fix" will not affect most other online games.

I used the GFX addon he has, but like I said it didn't really do much for my framerate. Are you aware of any other ways I can lower my frame rate?

Quote Originally Posted by yoreert
    I used the GFX addon he has, but like I said it didn't really do much for my framerate. Are you aware of any other ways I can lower my frame rate?
    Moar
    RAM

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by yoreert
    Why would you want a lower frame rate? Think you mean higher... lots of things affect frame rate..try turning down draw distance

I should add, that I use Windows 7, and as I said above, it did have a positive effect. Win7 uses the same defaults for networking that Vista does - most software that uses the network protocol that WoW does aren't games, games usually use a different setup for connections, and the system other games use is not affected by the option. In fact, I think WoW is unique in using that protocol, amongst online games. This "latency fix" will not affect most other online games.
    THX! Now im going to DL it aswell... my number 175 addon :

This addon dropped mine about 400ms but Satellite sucks and this helped make it a little better