Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Chill of the Throne... Wait... WHAT?!

Quote Originally Posted by Gobber
    I quite like it for a *you shouldn't be here* theme.

I think there should be various safe zones around the instance (NPC spots etc) where the debuff doesn't apply, just to not quite take the piss...then up it to 3% or something so it actually has the chance to affect you.

Or maybe a cooking fire could cancel it out whilst out of combat
    YES

COOKING FIRE-BASED FIGHT!

GOGOGO

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

Quote Originally Posted by Milanor
    YES

COOKING FIRE-BASED FIGHT!

GOGOGO
    Wuuuut? I have to pick up cooking? Gottaaim!

Quote Originally Posted by Xnzz
    i think its a great idea, even tho its a really small amount it will keep healers on the toes and not just /follow.
    Let me guess, you are one of the many DPSers getting carried through hardmodes by their healers healing their asses off. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Upptagen
    In TBC Casual's had their raids, and Hardcores had thiers.
    Casuals could progress in Kara, Mag, Gruul and some might have gotten to SCC and TK.
    The hardcores had BT and Sunwell. But don't forget! Alot of hardcores claims Kara to be the best raid instance in the game ever made, so why you wanna go BT?
    "Casuals had their raids, Hardcores had thiers, just because they are harder, it must not mean they are more fun.

Could 1% damage per x seconds also mean that you never reach 0 health (1% damage to 1 health leads to 0,99 health = 1 health rounded up?)? You don't die due to the chill, you just get severely weakened after prolonged (and un-healed) exposure...
    If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?

Quote Originally Posted by thoukaia
    in this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drYFx_yM-fk, Chill of the Throne ticks on the PoV player for 83. can't see his exact health but he's a mage so it should be ticking for 200-240 (assuming 20k-24k health).

so yea resistance buffs/talents work perfect on this
    Only serious post i read after 8 pages 8) 8) 8)

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

without any damage reduction through talents or resistance, its shud take the aura 5 minutes to take a player from 100% to 0%, assuming they have NO health regen. so yea...its gonna take months to clear icecrown

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by TheUncleanOne
    Could 1% damage per x seconds also mean that you never reach 0 health (1% damage to 1 health leads to 0,99 health = 1 health rounded up?)? You don't die due to the chill, you just get severely weakened after prolonged (and un-healed) exposure...
    1% dmg of maximum health, not actual
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I defend Sylvanas because I believe humanity is a waste, in game and IRL. A human life is NOT more important than that of a cat or dog or bird. It just isn't.

maybe its trying to act as a guild stopper as by having a certain amount of frost resi to cancel it out. this reducing the raids ilvl and putting a restriction that past boss X the aura becomes too much to continue without Y amount of frost resi

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace
    1% of 48k raid buffed is alot
    Yeah, 480 damage every 3 seconds is going to kill our tanks... it just sounds like more than it actually is. Besides, I doubt it's going to be felt on most fights, assuming you've got a Paladin with Judgement of Light in the raid.

They should make it a world wide debuff so no matter where you are in wow you have the debuff. This would last until someone kills the Lich King on your server on hardmode! 100's of afk dead bodies in all the major cities lol