Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Marrowgar, Icecrown Citadel, Blue posts

Gear score is, thankfully, something I don't see as a requirement much when I see people forming pugs on my server. Horde side on Garona seems to be real kind about this, but as we have such a low player population, we just get-by with what we have. I don't pug much since my guild, although small, is very active with 10-mans and 5-mans.

The alliance side on Garona, however, is a different story from what I've seen. There they do ask for your gear score for heroics like violet hold or halls of lightening, which I find pretty unfortunate. What really makes it a pain is that players that have to put up with that will oftentimes do pvp to get some epics of a certain item level just so they look better on a gear score. These players are probably perfectly competent at their class in mostly blue pve gear and could easily do the run anyway, but they aren't permitted to go because of what they're wearing. Seems like an awful thing to put up with to me. You can't get gear unless you go on raids/heroics, but you can't go because you don't have the right gear. It strikes me as completely unreasonable.

Obviously just my two cents about it, but I can't imagine I'm the only one who feels that way.
    I'm a cheerleader priest. What I lack in intellect, I make up for in spirit! \o/

Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    you know..because violet hold is srs bsns on heroic.
    Because players running around with Toc-5-heroic and Conqueror (helm and chest) without a single socket and enchant is serious business. Blizzard already made gearing too easy, people should be glad and, at least, use rare gems and good enchants.

A player should be able to choose with who he is going to raid, period. If you are a DPS that can pull easy 5k on heroics, it's normal that you will want all players with similiar gear level, so you can run that boring heroic as fast as possible. I think the problem is the Heroic Daily, that "forces" end-game players to run lower content everyday. Players with 245ilvl just shouldn't do 180ilvl content.
    But I must agree that iLvl isn't what you should be specing on. I'd invite a player with average ilvl200 gear full enchanted before any 230 without basic enchants.

But I do hate gearscore, one single person with this add-On will lag the whole raid. Addons like this should be banned, really. ToC 25-man is so laged that we had to download a add-on so we can check who is using heavy addons that lag the raid. It's just.... stupid.

btw:

Alexstrasza: [Draconic] They must not discover the fate of the young paladin. Not yet.

I just wonder if Blizzard allowed the "bug" on purpose, so people could speculate about it. Now it seems pretty obvious that, at Yogg vision, Lichking is turning Bolvar into a Deathknight.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are some special encounters at Icecrown, like Algalon. Where is Mal'ganis?

I love how Blizzard played well this Bolvar twist. Awesome.

Also, I'm pretty confident that the Lich King will be channelling Bolvar when you meet him, and he will be interrupted, leaving Bolvar half turned/half normal. You will have to kill Bolvar first, then someone like Triton will cure Bolvar and he will fight alsongside you, sacrificing himself in the end.

lol @ video

World of Casualcraft continues.
    Deal with it...

I love how Blizzard played well this Bolvar twist. Awesome.

QFT. Dragon speak hiding the truth and driving more speculation. Excellent twist.

So the young paladin lives.

Save the Paladin, Save the World.
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

Keep in ur heads that 20% of people havent killed yogg and 60% of those who killed yogg got no idea what becoems on his mind where u see the immolated and converted champions! So the speculation was retarded as hell! Even alexandros was alive according to some peopel!
    Why?

Who let the dog's out?! Whooo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hugecool
    To all the people who said there was no way Bolvar would still be here, HA!
    you can't really blame them. those people burn through the game without taking a second to understand what they are doing. then when something like this happens they are totally clueless, and just start saying random things to feel part of the discussion. wait... i guess you can blame them after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekosom
    The surprise isn't that Bolvar is in Icecrown..it's that he hasn't been turned yet. The assumption has been that Saurfang the Younger and Bolvar were turned into Death Knights, and while that seems to be true of Saurfang, Bolvar may yet be saved.

What I find interesting is the Lich King's search for a new champion. Was it not originally the intention of Ner'zhul to merge with Arthas, but merely did it out of necessity? Given that the Lich King now has a body, why does he have a need for a new champion? It seems silly to me that the Lich King would need a new Arthas, when the old Arthas is more badass than ever. It just seems like an unwilling participant such as Bolvar would make a poor champion, seeing as many of the Lich King's most powerful followers are the willing. Unless of course he's meant as a lure. Hmm, I wonder?
    because if he didn't have a new champion we would only have 11 bosses, and one less plot twist. HELLO McFly!

as for the "willing" part. sure there have been those that have willingly given themselves to the lich king, but once they are his they are under his near unbreakable total control. the only instances where we have seen members of the scourge break free of the lich kings will were darion mograine (and his knights), and slyvanas. both didn't enlist with the lich king willingly they were enslaved, and only broke free from his control during extraordinary circumstances (sylvanas when illidan attacked the frozen throne a second time weakening the lich kings powers, and darion and his knights when Tirion "defeated" the lich king at lights hope chapel.). Bolvar will still be a boss fight in ICC, but it will probably end with the obvious redemption of his soul.

There is no more Ner'zhul, no more Arthas either, just the Lich King. So yeah, he'd need a champion. I still think we'll end up entering the room just as the Lich King stuffs Sourfang Jr's spirit into Bolvar's body to complete his knew Deathknight Champion.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Warrior
    Warriors in Cataclysm
    In Cataclysm you'll get more talent points. That may open up the reality of an Arms - Fury hybrid build. We're not sure if that's something we're going to support yet or not -- we just haven't gotten there yet. For now, we don't really want to see warrior talent builds that go halfway down both specs. They aren't designed to do so elegantly. Arms is really focused around a single slow weapon and bleeds. Fury is built around dual-wielding and "blendering." At the moment, an Arms - Fury build would feel (to us) a little like a Holy - Shadow build -- possible perhaps, but what's the point? That's what I meant by "get both." To do so, you'd have to ignore the spirit of both trees while just trying to cherry pick all the special abilities.
    Seems that this guy is the only person in Blizz team that knows less than most players... referring to warrior talents (but seriously, why warriors? are they still so op?) like they will stay way they are through revamp in cataclysm... Best trash comment about warriors I've ever seen!

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    Someone would be better off writing an "achievement score" addon.
    Check what instance the player has done, and how long ago those were. Based on that you'd know at least what he's got experience with.

Then, check the number of kills and use that to produce a number in tandem with gear score and you'll get a much more accurate reading than just the gear score alone.
    Someone made a NameScore addon, which rates player based on how their name is. The less retarded the name is, the higher the score. People like "Arthaz" gets the lowest score.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eucep
    There is no more Ner'zhul, no more Arthas either, just the Lich King.
    Just FYI, but that kind of got retconned. Spoiler below...

Arthas and Ner'zhul in the latest novel have a few conversations inside his mental dreamscape. Ner'zhul wants to complete the merger and become one, but in the end Arthas, using a dream version of Frostmourne, stabs the soul of Ner'zhul and destroys/banishes him. The Lich King is Arthas, having removed Ner'zhul and Matthias Lehner (what was left of his good soul) before awakening to begin the war we take part in today.

Pallypower in cataclysm from blizzard..

God iam fooking forward to it. No longer will we seen all those paladins in pugs without pallypower..

hmm, where is my penguin...EU executus. :'(

save the cheerleader, save the world!

heroes

anyone know the HUD being used in the video

I figure there will be some sort of misunderstanding, hence the war after ICC. I would have guessed that maybe Saurfang Sr. Dies saving Bolvar, sacrificing himself to end the war, but Varian is without hope and merely spits on Saurfangs corpse like "thanks, but we didn't need your help" and Garrosh sees this is gets all sex nuts and retard strong and the war is back on.

Unfortunately, this could never happen. The balance of power would turn violently towards the Alliance. Alliance gains Bolvar, Horde losts Saurfang Elder, Younger, and Thrall.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Does anyone know and can list the addons the guy of the video is using?

Thanks..

Lets see it happens like this
    Like some one said we go top on the Citadel Bolvar just turned into the Lich King's champion. We fight him to like 15-25 % then he yells he is no longer servant of Arthas. Then help us to bring down The Lich King, but what will hapen when Saurfang see Bolvar alive, but his son death. Perhaps Saurfang the younger is a dk somewhere in the citadel.May be same story. Muradin yells: Then hurry up, we must save Saurfang the younger.
    /Happy end plx
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

Gear Score
    We actually talked today about adding an item level 300 shirt that did absolutely nothing but mess with mods that attempt to boil down players to gear scores.

[...] The ubershirt solution would be pretty easy to bypass unfortunately.
    Does this mean that we still get an uber shirt? That would be hilarious, I'd get one.