Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Marrowgar, Icecrown Citadel, Blue posts

Vodka vs Lord Marrowgar on PTRs
    Vodka (US-Alterac Mountains) released a video of their fight against Lord Marrowgar on the PTRs last night. For more details on the encounter please check Lord Marrowgar US PTR Testing.

HTML Code:
    <object width="640" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uH9bY-ZBiUI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uH9bY-ZBiUI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="405"></embed></object>

Icecrown Citadel - Save the Paladin, Save the World

Hide your eyes behind your hands and push your "Page Down" key twice if you don't like spoilers

Here, can't say I didn't warn you now, and yes I do realize you can't push the key if your hands are on your eyes. Apparently Arthas got a new champion .... our good old friend Bolvar! I won't start speculation here, even if it would be interesting to see what would happen if we didn't manage to save Bolvar before the Lich King converts him. Please note that the screenshot was taken on a Horde character, this is definitely not an alliance-only yell.

Thanks to deathstar878 for the screenshot, feel free to discuss it in the original post : Icecrown pics/lore compilation. The alliance version of the chat is available on Elitistjerks (and is pretty much the same as the horde one)

Mr. Chilly now available
    A few people didn't get their pet but it is now officially available. According to GMs in game people who didn't get their cute little penguin will get him very soon.
    [blizzquote="Bornakk;http://blue.mmo-champion.com/1/20433765714-wow-battlenet-conversion-coming.html]The in-game penguin pet is now available. If you have already converted your account, when you log in you should receive a special something in the mail. If you are already logged in you will have to log out and log back in to get the pet. [/blizzquote"]

Blue posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Class-Specific Interface
    I don't think it is required. Everyone's definition of required is going to vary quite a bit but very few mods are actually required in my experience.

Building an in-game UI to handle paladin buffs is something we would like to do for Cataclysm (then again, so is "overhaul every aspect of the game.")

It was once a goal to make every class UI the same. Since the DK, and more recently the shaman and to a lesser-extent the druid, and then soon the warlock, we've been moving away from that. (Source)

Gear Score
    We actually talked today about adding an item level 300 shirt that did absolutely nothing but mess with mods that attempt to boil down players to gear scores.

[...] The ubershirt solution would be pretty easy to bypass unfortunately.

Ultimately, we're really not that interested in trying to shut mods like this down. Players will always have the Armory and to a lesser extent Inspect with which to judge other players.

It's not an easy problem to solve. On the one hand, we can recognize that there is value in being able to determine if that guy you are considering for your pug is much less experienced and talented than he claims to be and is going to drag everyone else down and cause other players to leave. On the other hand, the WoW community seems to have become so obsessed with efficiency and so adverse to wiping that there is, in my opinion, an unreasonable demand for player skill and gear requirements even for relatively easy content. It's one thing if your VoA tank is in all blues. It's another if you're asking for Ulduar gear for your Naxx run.

Many players are perfectly reasonable. However we've all run into That Guy who takes any attempt at measuring his awesomeness in the game (gearscore, achievements, dps meters) way too seriously and looks for the same in others. (Source)

Death Knight
    Scourge Strike on PTRs
    It looks like several players are still posting without reading the entire thread. Until SS is working correctly on the PTR, telling us it has double resists isn't so helpful. I don't want to hit that particular nail too hard because I would hate for players not to report any bugs because they assume we already know about them. But in this case it's not going to be effective -- yet -- to tell us about your SS hits on the PTR.

It's entirely possible we'll end up with e.g. a SS that hits for 80% weapon damage (like Obliterate) and does a lot less Shadow damage per disease. Unholy already ignores disease damage very much at its peril so it's probably okay if this one ability doesn't derive so much benefit from diseases. It will lose a little bit of its synergy with the other +Shadow parts of the tree though. It's just too soon for that decision. We need to see some legit numbers first. (Source)

Shaman
    Reincarnation
    As I said in the healing forums, we may drop Reincarnation to 30 base, talented to 15. (Source)

Warrior
    Warriors in Cataclysm
    In Cataclysm you'll get more talent points. That may open up the reality of an Arms - Fury hybrid build. We're not sure if that's something we're going to support yet or not -- we just haven't gotten there yet. For now, we don't really want to see warrior talent builds that go halfway down both specs. They aren't designed to do so elegantly. Arms is really focused around a single slow weapon and bleeds. Fury is built around dual-wielding and "blendering." At the moment, an Arms - Fury build would feel (to us) a little like a Holy - Shadow build -- possible perhaps, but what's the point? That's what I meant by "get both." To do so, you'd have to ignore the spirit of both trees while just trying to cherry pick all the special abilities.

In short, if warriors need buffs (debatable), we are unlikely to do so by making MS - BT the dominant build. (Source)

Re: Marrowgar, Icecrown Citadel, Blue posts

Save the Paladin, Save the World
    *chuckles*

edit: If there is any doubt. This refers to the TV-show Heroes; "Save the cheerleader, Save the World" !

yay! Bolvar!
    Then Rhonin went down to Blackrock Depths, killed Emperor Dagram Thaurissan, and fathered the heir to the throne of Ironforge with the extremely grateful Moira Bronzebeard. But he wasn't done yet; the Dark Iron Dwarves were doing the bidding of Ragnaros the Firelord, so Rhonin went down to Molten Core and beat the crap out of everybody.

"TOO SOON," bellowed Ragnaros.

But Rhonin was all: "It's never too soon to party, Rhonin-style."

And then he beat Ragnaros to death with his own hammer, because Rhonin is the only Mage who ever had the mad skillz to train two-handed maces.

On the way out of Blackrock Mountain, Rhonin went to the spire and pwned Nefarian. He saved Vaelestrasz the Red, and the two did a celebratory chest bumb.

Hmmmm

i knew it! i knew they will make that! it was obvious when we can see that in the encounter of Yoggi in Ulduar. The screams for me were familiar

Saurfang is such a.... Hero. *Wipes tear* :'(

To all the people who said there was no way Bolvar would still be here, HA!

Gear Score
    Someone would be better off writing an "achievement score" addon.
    Check what instance the player has done, and how long ago those were. Based on that you'd know at least what he's got experience with.

Then, check the number of kills and use that to produce a number in tandem with gear score and you'll get a much more accurate reading than just the gear score alone.

Deleted

No Mr.Chilly for me atm ._. EU- Account since the beginning og b.net QQ

Deleted

Saurfang...if you weren't a mean-green killing machine, I'd make love to you.

I wonder what Muradin says?

Saurfang runs with the Horde. Muradin runs with the Alliance. Curious what his dialogue is.

Oh, also very very glad that Bolvar is here.

Honestly, though...I see us getting to the top of the Citadel, and right as we arrive, LK finally turning him.

Quote Originally Posted by Inicharu
    No Mr.Chilly for me atm ._. EU- Account since the beginning og b.net QQ
    Takes time to send out a pet to all those who merged.

Bolvar is back!!

Relene, I can see that too. Would be epic to fight Bolvar down to say half, then have him turn back and help us against Arthas (Maiev 2.0?). I think he's going to get Killing Blow on Arthas at this rate.

Great reply about gear score
    Sad that most players will ignore it and ask for [Epic] for heroic daily.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Deleted

And there you have it...

Bolvar the (possible) Deathknight: Yes
    Saurfang the (horde version) Deathknight: Apparently not.

I dunno who couldn't have seen Bolvar still being alive, it was obvious during the encounter with Alexstrasza right after the Wrath Gate incident.

Oh look, merely a setback again.
    Do any major character ever fucking dies anymore in WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by Zlodo
    Oh look, merely a setback again.
    Do any major character ever fucking dies anymore in WoW?
    Plenty of english teachers just died after reading what you just wrote ^_^

As for bolvar, he went "missing". So technically he wasn't actually dead yet.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Kaedalmael
    I dunno who couldn't have seen Bolvar still being alive, it was obvious during the encounter with Alexstrasza right after the Wrath Gate incident.
    Probably there will be an explanation that if Bolvar were proven to live, Varian would have charged Icecrown and not Lordaeron and get himself brutally killed.
    Alexstrasza didn't send you to him to try and keep him calm, but to aim his anger at the Horde for a bit instead.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Valleera
    And there you have it...

Bolvar the (possible) Deathknight: Yes
    Saurfang the (horde version) Deathknight: Apparently not.
    Saurfang Jr. is still on 3.3 DB as the Deathbringer Saurfang. So, Arthas using Saurfang's soul on Bolvar's body is still possible.

So you are SUPPOSED to carry pugs and have a wipefest?
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation