Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Stupid Ret Pallies are so FACEROLL!

"Ret is so faceroll! All they do is run around and spam Divine Storm and Consecrate and they top the meters." - Unhappy warrior from my guild

Oh really? How about some nice ability breakdowns from a recent Anub kill?

Yeah, we're totally faceroll. Those 12 different damaging abilities we use are all just macro'd together. My cat plays my toon for me.

FYI, that mage that spammed Arcane Blast and Arcane Missiles THROUGH THE ENTIRE FIGHT was top DPS.

Re: Stupid Ret Pallies are so FACEROLL!

SoV is three separate sources of damage. You're still only pressing 5 buttons I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    SoV is three separate sources of damage. You're still only pressing 5 buttons I'm afraid.
    Really?? Please explain the third source. If I put up SoV, I'll have auto-attack, Holy Vengeance, and Seal of Vengeance damage. Are you referring to the third source as auto or judgment (which is a different attack).

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    7 on Anub (holy wrath ftw), but on a more serious note I've dpsed as a warrior and a pally and fury warriors aren't any more complicated than ret and the play-style is a lot slower pace imo since CDs don't clash nearly as much. I said 7 from the beginning >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Aarnor
    6 on Anub (holy wrath ftw)
    7 actually, you forgot hammer of win. There's plenty of time under 20% with all the healing of the boss going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    Really?? Please explain the third source. If I put up SoV, I'll have auto-attack, Holy Vengeance, and Seal of Vengeance damage. Are you referring to the third source as auto or judgment (which is a different attack).
    I'd suggest clicking off SoV and seeing how well judgment worked in that case.

I was done caring what others said/say about my class before Wrath even launched. Honestly, whatever "evidence" you try to provide for the contrary will always be negated by the fact that YOU ARE A RET PALLY AND MOST OF THE WOW COMMUNITY WILL HATE YOU NO MATTER WHAT.
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

dude I'm so jealous I had my cat play for me once and she totally just stood in a fire and died.

WTB Skilz Cat

I don't even have a cat, I have to do everything by myself

fml
    No sentence can ever be compelte without a typo.

number of abilities used doesn't show how hard a class can be.
    look up a combat rogue he will do like 10 different attacks and its pretty easy, then look at a mutilate rogue same number of attacks on the target (average) yet, it is harder to dps as mut than combat

ret is an easy class because you don't need to worry about anything, you just smash and win, arcane mages as I've heard need to manage their mana of they go oom fast, you don't need to watch procs or buffs to keep up as a ret (art of war proc is always there...)
    and only 1% of the ret paladins that raid use instant flash to help the raid.

wait, did a paladin just try to defend himself by saying the playing one in pve is more skill-required? if so, im afraid i must leave this forum and shoot myself in the face, good day
    hahaha. no.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Yizren
    wait, did a paladin just try to defend himself by saying the playing one in pve is more skill-required? if so, im afraid i must leave this forum and shoot myself in the face, good day
    coming from an arcane mage its ironic..

I miss rogue in your diagram of whining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    just because the voices in your head tell you things, doesn't mean the world gives a crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou
    Isn't it great how this thread has dematerialized from the unfair corruption of Ner'zuhl, to whether Kil'Jaeden is a draenei or an Eredar, then to Alien Genetics and now to demon sex...

15+ Year Old Account

I have a warrior and a paladin.

Warriors are more interactive. I prefer DPSing and tanking on my warrior over the paladin. Warriors are just a more interesting class to me.

I also have a mage, shaman and hunter at lvl 80. Enh shaman and hunters are about equal and mages and ret paladin are comparable.

Unless a class has an actual attack rotation they will typically spam one attack until they get a proc that makes another attack favorable.

That is just the way it is.
    Be Nice to America or we will bring Democracy to your country.

Quote Originally Posted by Cetlysm
    and only 1% of the ret paladins that raid use instant flash to help the raid.
    If they're smart, they already have a target of target or mouse-over macro made to toss an insta-heal on the tank or anyone else when needed...so easy to do, not sure why anyone that isn't a fotm reroll wouldn't...
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

This is so much fun!

Skill has very little to do with this game, all of us are just pushing buttons at the right time anyway, but I particularly love how no one complains about the two-button arcane DPS and instead focuses on how warriors are so much more complicated than pallies. "arcane mages as I've heard need to manage their mana of they go oom fast" You heard wrong. Our top DPS arcane mage laughs about his rotation "Dude, I press 2 four times, then I press 3. It's not rocket science. Evocate is up every two minutes anyway. I can pop a mana gem and evocate and be back to full."

BTW, no rogue in the pic because we didn't have a rogue in the raid that night. Ditto DK's and Hunters. Had 2 ret, 3 moonkin, 1 enhance, 1 elemental, 5(!) arcane mages, 1 Fury, 1 Spriest, 2 Destro.

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    The other guy is obviously right, anyone from Warfare sucks in my book

You guys stole our only good DK!

I have a ret pally and he's far easier to play than my druid. To dps well as a ret pally all you have to do is mash the button that just came off cooldown and hit exorcism when it procs.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonen
    I was done caring what others said/say about my class before Wrath even launched. Honestly, whatever "evidence" you try to provide for the contrary will always be negated by the fact that YOU ARE A RET PALLY AND MOST OF THE WOW COMMUNITY WILL HATE YOU NO MATTER WHAT.
    The truth

lol at the guy saying warrior are harder and more interractive
    Quote Originally Posted by Odenl0ki
    I have a ret pally and he's far easier to play than my druid. To dps well as a ret pally all you have to do is mash the button that just came off cooldown and hit exorcism when it procs.
    read it once
    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-paladin/patch-3-2-retribution-paladin-faq/
    Hammer of Wrath > Crusader Strike > Judgement > Divine Storm > Exorcism (when undead or demon) > Consecration > Exorcism (non-undead or demon) > Holy Wrath

Deleted

Retpaladin is one of the more involved classes to DPS as, compared to most other classes atm.

I'm not even kidding.

Arcane mages are laughable in its current state. Press 1 a few times, then press 2. Keep doing that for 6 minutes, and maybe throw in a mana gem. El oh EL.

Mutilate rogue is also fucking easy (talking from experience). You hit rupture every 18 seconds, rest of the time you alternate between mutilate and envenom. Every minute, refresh Hunger for blood. WOW THATS HARD. You cant even MISS a gcd, because you got a full energy pool of leeway before you have to actually hit an ability.

As ret you got 6 short cooldowns (7 on undead mobs) that you have to monitor all the fucking time, which means you spend most of the fight staring at your fucking bar as to not miss a single GCD. Its not hard, it just takes way more focus than most classes (maybe barring feral druid).

CS 4s
    HoW 6s
    Judge 8s
    DS 10s
    Cons 10s
    Exo 15s
    Wrath 30s

Ticking constantly. Then you also got Divine Please 60s, cleanses, hand of salvation, instant flashes, wings, Sacrifices on the tank or raid. When there is target switches involved you also have to watch your SoV stack on both targets. Oh, and I forgot about the constant sealswapping midfight from SoV to SoR, or from SoV to SoC on Yogg for example or Anub.

Its not HARD by any means, but its very involved. If you stop staring at your bar even for a split second, you risk losing a lot of dps.

So yea super duper faceroll IMO retpaladins are probably the most annoying class to dps as.