Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted

Re: Why do you hate us so?

I've played paladin for around 4 years, seen it all... bla bla.

I can say ret paladins are most faceroll and easiest class to play when it comes to pve and some sort of pvp.

First of all, in pve you can do OK <--(doesnt mean you pwn dmg meters) by spamming cast random macro, but it gets the job done quite ok.
    As for pvp, you get the job done there too in a way or another, first, you do dmg by pressing buttons and they got short cd, nothing you need to watch for, you press buttons damage happens, like GC said.

In arena it's different, you still get something done by pressing buttons but high rated paladins usually do much more where skill really shows, such as using freedom on self/party members, Hand of protection, sacrifice, buble, heals, sacred shield, burst damage/focus damage, CC, stun and so on which shows up on other classes too.

The problem is ret pallys have it too easy, like said, pressing buttons makes damage happen and thats how you kill in the end.

I'm saddened how ret paladin "fix" turned out to be.
    Ret is no fun and its overpowered and there is too many of them without clue pressing those 4 buttons and owning everyone up depending how geared they are.

I dont hate ret paladins because they are ret, I hate them when they are bad, when they dont deserve it, like most of the times in BGs on my rogue, I get instantly bursted down by ret pally out of nowhere.

Anyway that probably made no sense but I agree, bad pallys are hated and should be and ret pallys are faceroll and too easy, but skilled pallys stand out, sadly not in faceroll sessions in arathi basin.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkeli

I can say ret paladins are most faceroll and easiest class to play when it comes to pve and some sort of pvp.
    You just contradicted yourself here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    indeed he did.
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

Anyway that probably made no sense...

I agree!
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

Deleted

So because I've played paladin all my wow history i cant say ret paladin is faceroll and ezmode.... right.

You could try explaining me what do you mean.

It's like i've used car x for 4 years and I cant say it sucks afterall.

how?
    Meh

15+ Year Old Account

So because I've played paladin all my wow history i cant say ret paladin is faceroll and ezmode.... right.

You could try explaining me what do you mean.

It's like i've used car x for 4 years and I cant say it sucks afterall.
    before 3.0 it was lolret aka you cant do much damage, heal or tank
    always oom
    you havent played the class for a year yet

Quote Originally Posted by Suoma
    2. Everyone remembers 3.0, it left a deep and painful scar
    Like someone else pointed out, everyone is quick to forget what a laughing stock ret was basically ALL of TBC and Vanilla WoW. Does no one remember how ret paladins went three arena seasons before they finally got resilience on their PVP gear? Or how ret paladins were one of the most under represented class/spec in arena? Or what about in PVE where you basically HAD to be holy to be viable, otherwise you weren't wanted by most. I remember this all to well.

Fast forward to when patch 3.0 came out, it was like a scene from Men in Black with the memory eraser. Ret paladins went from craptastic to incredibly OP in a single patch. Of course it wasn't even a week before we got nerfed (believe DS was literally hotfixed from holy dmg to physical in less than 3 days...), and we kept getting substantial hotfixes and nerfs for many months to come after that, but that one week was enough to fuel a fire of hate for ret that has never been seen for any other class before.

It's totally founded though, one week of being insane OP more than makes up for 3-4 years of being terrible, amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Rifee
    how?
    Because ret was a joke Pre Wrath. Meaning for all the time he's played, he's calling the poor man's spec a super spec.

Pre-BC they didn't exist, and whoever used Ret was LOL DERP (sorry, you just were).
    BC They existed but were not hardcore deeps.
    Wrath- Hardcore Dps, competitive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

I love how a lot of paladins trot out the tired old argument of 'we were crap for years, it's our time to be op now!' any time anybody complains.

Yes, paladins sucked for years and should have been fixed long ago. No, that doesn't mean they should get a free ride now; in much the same way that DKs being a 'hero class' doesn't mean they should be more powerful than the average class. Paladins having been jokes for years in no way means they shouldn't be balanced now. It simply doesn't matter that in vanilla and BC they were 'laughing stocks' as a previous poster stated; they should be balanced now. ('Course they should have been balanced then, but weren't. It's definitely good and necessary that Blizzard gave them some love.)

Paladins just get too much in low to moderate end pvp; survivability, utility and damage. This is why there's a huge amount of hate for them; people who come up against them in battlegrounds and just watch one Paladin pull off ridiculous levels of ass-kickery. Considering that's where the majority of players fall when they're playing around with pvp, that's where they see Paladins as being.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Astorth
    shadowpriest isn't really hard either... tried a premade on the ptr few patches back and did about the same dps as my pally :S
    Yeah you made a pre-made with the best possible gear, and you did the same dps as you paladin. Cwutididthar?!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Copain
    Pre-BC they didn't exist, and whoever used Ret was LOL DERP (sorry, you just were).
    I think you have this wrong. In vanilla, I knew two ret pallies, both in my guild. One was dangerously close to being Grand Marshal, the other had Sulfuras and could just mess things up.

In vanilla it took REAL SKILL to pull off ret. God, let's not give people credit where credit was due just because now everyone and their grandmother is retardadins.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Meh, I think retris is balanced. I can beat them in most duels on my mage and shaman. (enh)
    In PvE I don't really know, we have two retris in my guild, both of them top meter most of the time, but only one of them is topping the meter by a lot, but he's the best geared in the guild though.
    “The north still reeks of undeath. Our homelands lay in ruin. Pandaria oozes our hatred and doubt. What hope is there for this world when the Burning Legion again lands upon our shores?” - Eric Thibeau

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded
    This thread is both new and interesting and wont result in degenerates starting flame wars while arguing points with flawed arguments and incorrect information.
    rofl'd irl

but seriously... people hate us cause from anyone else's pov we look like a faceroll class, even tho when played to their full potential (which not a lot of ppl do), we are definitely one of the hardest classes to play. i won't try to say why as i'll only get flamed even more. :P i do understand that all classes are easy to play and hard to master, so dont try using that arguement... if you're a paladin, you'll know what i mean.

also, we are the one class that is designed around being able to survive and/or not dying. a lot of our more important abilities are defensive abilities. no other class can compare with the amount of survivability we have (well, maybe DKs... and good resto druids while they're not stunned). that, coupled with the fact that if we get in melee range we can fuck ppl up... makes them hate us.

oh and bubble!

so basically, ppl dont hate you cause of the buffs you bring to a raid. they hate you cause you're so damn hard to kill in pvp.

p.s: we were also a joke in vanilla and most of BC, so some ppl still have that image stuck in their heads... lolret!
    “Bunter is like Voltron, except he’s just one guy instead of a pack of lions.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sabotaj
    ''Bro''? I see, you're one of those people, shouldnt have expected more from a paladin. yeah and... your point being?

as you lack the brain capacity to read a simple post ill be sure to inform you that i am not whining about paladins from a hunter POV, point out where i did and ill do nothing because.. who cares?

butthurt paladins like you are JUST what the paladin community needs. I was simply saying that i was surprised at how easy it was to take someone down, not just hunters.

Anyway, to stop you from calling your butthurt buddies and whining about how underpowered you are know that ill just ignore any further replies. Nothing of value is being posted by the paladins in this thread anyway, same with any fotm class and its players :-\
    Yeah, sure. *I'm* the butthurt one. Clearly.

Quote me where I whined about retribution being underpowered. Mentioning five fucking damaging moves is a concern of lack of complexity, rather than blatant cry for buffs. I don't need buffs. I need a proper rotation, but to have one, there needs to be larger variety of damage sources instead of mashing anything that is off cooldown, since everything is.

As for the value part... you added zero to the thread by your posts. I can hardly trust your judgement on the class, when your entire insight on it is "omg they kill me fast" and "omg I kill doodz faster as ret", and that too coming from a traded account.
    Jaded and cynical bastard, plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown
    I think you have this wrong. In vanilla, I knew two ret pallies, both in my guild. One was dangerously close to being Grand Marshal, the other had Sulfuras and could just mess things up.

In vanilla it took REAL SKILL to pull off ret. God, let's not give people credit where credit was due just because now everyone and their grandmother is retardadins.
    Let's not forget that Ret had no real instant strikes back then. It was essentially pop a seal and white swing->judge or unleash reckoning bombs on people. Compare that with what we have today and it baffles me how people don't consider what went on back then as mindless, whereas today it is.

It still takes REAL SKILL to pull off GOOD ret now. Good rets make use of all of their abilities, offensive and defensive.

Why do people hate us? It has a lot to do with 3.0 and how badly they overbuffed the spec. We're a lot more balanced now, but people refuse to open their eyes and instead cling to old stereotypes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamless
    I love how a lot of paladins trot out the tired old argument of 'we were crap for years, it's our time to be op now!' any time anybody complains.
    Actually, I used this as a counter against the argument that supports hatred towards paladins only because of that one week during 3.0. Read more carefully next time.

Quote Originally Posted by smeedsc
    from august of 09

amen
    The ridiculous amount of warrior whining and dramatic "threats" to have all warriors reroll paladins coming out of that video is hilarious. After all that, I have huge trouble of taking the guy seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown

Rets had two skills back in the day. That was a seal and Judgment. They had no Crusader strike or anything. And our AOE was in the Holy Tree. It was a joke.

Also, getting close was nice and all, but playing with groups in PVP and such made it a lot easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

I don't think there is ret hate now. Gone are those days.
    Any half-brain person can figure out easily how to beat ret in 1v1.

Quote Originally Posted by smeedsc
    except he exposed the one button wonders ya'll are.
    By showing the extremely small number of damaging moves we have? Yes, he definitely deserves a medal for that one, because clearly no one could figure that shit out on their own. That is the problem with the spec, and I wish Blizzard would do something about fixing that. Are you even reading this thread?

But wait, did he also have heals, seals, buffs, bubble, repentance, hands and Sacred Shield on that macro? No. He didn't. Hardly one button wonders, then, unless you speak entirely out of the honor kill farmer point of view, that cares only about killing all red named avatars on the screen.