Shadowpriest leveling

"Spec Disc!"... I'm tired of being told that every day... So anyway, I'm leveling a human priest as shadow, 34 currently, and I suck at it.

I use BoA trinket, staff, shoulder and robe, and I use some twinkish enchants, so that field is filled out.
    As per rotation... I haven't found one I'm comfortable with, usually just PoW: Shield, vamp. embrace, then use a odd combo of SoW: Pain, mind blast, holy fire, and mind flay. I dunno which spells to use exactly, what rotation etc.
    And then there's the mana problems... I run out of mana every third/fourth mob, almost no matter the rotation I use.

So here's a lil' cry for help =/ Aswell, can anyone link me a good shadowpriest spec in my level bracket?

Thanks for the help, hopefully ^^

Re: Shadowpriest leveling

Remember to always have a good wand Equipped, I levelled ages ago, but I used a Shield, and Put up my DoTs and then usually wanded mobs to death.
    http://i556.photobucket.com/albums/ss6/shirvala/shirvala-sig.jpg

http://warcraftid.com/card/385/s/c3c887bb2fd4f022e158ca0411629789/spirit.jpg
    (Sig and avatar too large)

Don't mind with dots, there useless and mana consuming untill higher levels.

If your having mana problems, than go for mana cost reducing talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirvala
    Remember to always have a good wand Equipped, I levelled ages ago, but I used a Shield, and Put up my DoTs and then usually wanded mobs to death.
    Using a 24.2DPS wand at the moment, and it isn't much use, but I'll be on the lookout for an upgrade.

Oh yeah, about Glyphs, using Glyph of PoW: Shield, and Mindflay.

I didn't level a shadowpriest, but leveled an affliction warlock back then... maybe I'm talking shit but would it be a good way to level just dot mobs up and fear them? that way maybe you can kill 3-4 at once.

i really enjoy leveling my priest as HOLY.

actuly am leveling her by PVPing xD

now am level 45

Leveling a priest can be extremely 'difficult' (the standard of difficulty isnt high in this game). Just wait till you get Shadow Form, then things open up a little more and you truely feel like a spriest. Just keep thinking about how much you are going to gain when you hit lvl 40. 15% increased dmg, 15% reduced dmg. 100% increased crit dmg dots. coolest looking character in the game. instant-awesome looking mounts.

If that doesnt keep you motivated, theres always 3.3 patch notes you can read and dream about ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Obliteratism
    Using a 24.2DPS wand at the moment, and it isn't much use, but I'll be on the lookout for an upgrade.

Oh yeah, about Glyphs, using Glyph of PoW: Shield, and Mindflay.
    DoTs at low level Suck at DPM but scale incredibly well in return, What's your spell power at? you should get some good ammount if you can afford it, makes killing trivial.
    Eg. I'm leveling by Bg'ing, one set of SWP, DP and MF should do 1.1k, holy fire and wand the rest it's very efficient.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...sz&cn=Kayleena

Quote Originally Posted by Obliteratism
    "Spec Disc!"... I'm tired of being told that every day... So anyway, I'm leveling a human priest as shadow, 34 currently, and I suck at it.

I use BoA trinket, staff, shoulder and robe, and I use some twinkish enchants, so that field is filled out.
    As per rotation... I haven't found one I'm comfortable with, usually just PoW: Shield, vamp. embrace, then use a odd combo of SoW: Pain, mind blast, holy fire, and mind flay. I dunno which spells to use exactly, what rotation etc.
    And then there's the mana problems... I run out of mana every third/fourth mob, almost no matter the rotation I use.

So here's a lil' cry for help =/ Aswell, can anyone link me a good shadowpriest spec in my level bracket?

Thanks for the help, hopefully ^^
    Edit: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#bZZGxf0orzb
    Simple build you can use right now. You don't need things like fear/silence while PvE leveling. If you're PvPing then I can understand getting those, but that's what I'd do.

SW:P->VE->MB->Wand if you reach 50% health start using shield until you reach 70% health again.

Once you get to the higher levels you'll have way better mana return and you'll be able to grind faster. Don't be afraid to tab to the next mob and start your rotation if it gets low and your dot is still on it. I leveled my Spriest Pre-BC and that's what I did. With the improvement to mana efficiency and the added spell damage to dots you should be kickin ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx
    Shield, HF > VE > MF > SWP > Wand, after a few pulls when you reach 40% health, Glyph for Renew, one of those should put you back to 100%.
    Once you get to the higher levels you'll have way better mana return and you'll be able to DoT the shit out of everything and grind faster.
    Fix't.

Ill just go ahead and post a spec for you to check out. Back in the day when there was "wand specialization" wanding was the way to go, it was truly amazing, now, you almost have to go full shadow to get spells on time.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...p,ywJqRe,10596

The glyphs I choose because there really isnt worth it to get glyphs for 6 levels such as holy fire or smite. Just get teh shadow ones and you wont have to change them. With the spec, you may be able to drop points out of Imp Mind Blast. Imp SWP i chose not to take beacause the 6% isnt as point efficient as say "darkness" and only effects one spell.

Rotation: until you get Vamp touch, starting with anything other than MB is kinda a waste. SHielding will eat mana VERY fast as well as using things like DP on every mob. Judge with your mana and the pull. DOnt shield everytime, but when you do, kill that mob with basically just swp and mind flay, they are mana efficient and scale off each other and the health return will make up for the time spent killing. If you have trouble, be more careful with pulls. This clearly isnt your first character because of all the heirloom items, but priests take a little more patience than others and pulling is an art at a lower level.

You probably cant solo group quests without knowing every button you have perfectly. You can pull 3 at once if you know what youre doing and once you get dispersion and enough sp that VT and SWP do 12k and kill almost any mob you can literally pull constantly and never run out of mana. It's worth it, SP's are getting a huge PVE buff in this patch and you will be thankful you stuck it out.

I'm currently leveling a SP and just hit 40 today. Didn't have any mana problems really.
    My rotation till lvl 40 was: Holy Fire>SW:P>MF>MB>Wand if needed. Now that I hit 40 it changed to MB>SW:P>MF>MB>wand if needed. Try to fight single mobs most of the time and you wont run out of mana.

Thank you Serendia!

Leveling a shadow priest is not easy. I leveled mine three years ago.
    Compared to a feral druid, a hunter or maybe even every other damage spec in the game, a shadow had and has issues bringing mobs down fast.
    I tried different ways of chaining spells, but none felt "elegant".

The problem is:
    - the direct damage tools of a shadow are comparably weak
    - the DoTs take too long (my feral and my hunter killed three mobs in SW:P's 24 sec, )
    - weak CC: the mind flay slow just lasts so long and fear is often too dangerous to use
    - due to weak CC you take a continuous beating that forces you to use PW:S or heal yourself often (mana expensive and time consuming)

There is no real solution to making shadow a fast leveler, but when you get shadow form at 40, it will certainly become easier. You are probably suffering through the worst levels right now.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?priest#f-KRFU0Y,,10596 should be a good leveling spec at level 40. (I'm not sure about Vampiric Embrace. I disliked it, since it costs a global cooldown [and mana back then]. If you want to use it, you might want to improve it with the corresponding talent, of course. With Patch 3.3, Vampiric Embrace will become a passive 30 minutes buff, greatly increasing its value.)

There's a stickied guide just for this guys: Shadow Guide.

Thanks for all the help people =) Much appreciated! I've tried pvp leveling, but frankly, my battlegroup isn't so good =/... I think it's bloodlust or Cataclysm, ehm, the one Argent Dawn is in.
    I have the easy solution of getting my friend to boost me through the levels, really. But that was how I ended up with a level 80 warlock I couldn't play if my life depended on it, I want to learn the feel of the class, even if it means I need to spend every othe rminute corpse running or drinking :S

The new shadowbuff is -much- welcomed for me, and with hallows end around, I can get alot of extremely easy exp rewarding quests done, already leveled once from that actually.

Once again, thanks alot for the help ^^ Feel free to keep posting any tips that're helpful!

Read the sticky, it's eggselent.