Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: More PTR Experiences with Shadow - PVP stuff

Hmm just made a thread about being tired of all the self buffing we need and the GCD it takes, and then i read this thread

Make VE like an DK/Pally aura -Toggle switch & Persists through death.

Slam together say Fort & Spirit just like the DK's have their STR+Agi in Horn.

Quote Originally Posted by talrob
    I know its being lazy but I would prefer VE to be made like paladins RF aka perma until you log off, purely because 7.5 second rebuff in Bg is annoying.
    Why don't they do this?

Redesigned Talent: Vampiric Embrace: Inner Fire now also gives you Vampiric Embrace for 30 minutes. Heals you for 15% and other party members to be healed for 3% of any Shadow spell damage you deal.

Or something.

One way or another, I'm really thinking about getting some mod that'll help me keep track of my buffs, and maybe alert me when they're wearing off.

Anyone have suggestions?

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

people say this shit after every little change to spriests. every single thing they've given spriests since 3.0 has supposed to "fix them in pvp" and it doesn't

this will not affect spriests in pvp that much because the problem is still there; we're a big, easily seen target that's gonna get bursted from the start in arena, we can't dispel poison (ouch wound poison) and our 51pt talent is the worst 51pt talent in the game.

PH is still on a ridiculously long cd considering it's 100% inferior to death coil, the damage for dispelling dots is still to low/without consequence and we can't tank melee since they reduce us to 10% armor

Actually, with all the testing I've done, I'm finding myself with surviving fights where I'd usually die.

Rogues will always be a hassle, but the fact that I'm constantly receiving life without any worry of VE being dispelled, is really nice.

The little haste I have has effected things a little as well. I mean, once I really get my haste up to a higher level in PVP, I really can see things working out a lot better then all of us. Believe it or not, there are Shadow Priests who are good at PVP.

I wouldn't consider myself "good" at pvp, but I know enough to turn the tables on my enemy after he sees me as an easy gank.

Also, part of the reason why I quit 2v2 stuff fairly early is because of pet zergs. When you have like... 3 mirror images and 2 wolves on your ass, it gets hard. Now with the recent changes, I'll be able to holy nova and actually do something.

And Shadow Form will cost less as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow
    Actually, with all the testing I've done, I'm finding myself with surviving fights where I'd usually die.

Rogues will always be a hassle, but the fact that I'm constantly receiving life without any worry of VE being dispelled, is really nice.

The little haste I have has effected things a little as well. I mean, once I really get my haste up to a higher level in PVP, I really can see things working out a lot better then all of us. Believe it or not, there are Shadow Priests who are good at PVP.

I wouldn't consider myself "good" at pvp, but I know enough to turn the tables on my enemy after he sees me as an easy gank.

Also, part of the reason why I quit 2v2 stuff fairly early is because of pet zergs. When you have like... 3 mirror images and 2 wolves on your ass, it gets hard. Now with the recent changes, I'll be able to holy nova and actually do something.

And Shadow Form will cost less as well.
    if you holy nova you're gonna eat up more mana. as it stands, spriests will still have more mana issues than other classes at higher level pvp. spriests are already BG superstars, but that's partly because of the environment and how pvp isn't always the main objective, or how a lot of people in pve gear are easily eaten up by our dots

until they give spriests a way to get away or CC others, they'll have problems against better pvpers

as of now, paladins can still dispel our dots for less mana than we can apply them for, there are what, 3 or 4 ways to wipe all our dots without taking ANY damage (bubble, iceblock, cos, etc) and we still have no burst

pvp is still about burst and since everyone is running around in enough resilience to reduce the crit chance by 10% or more, spriests are still behind the curve

this won't fix spriests just like the other changes won't fix spriests. it definitely helps, but won't fix them. you'll still get blasted by any class that can burst (which is anything but another spriest)

M8 I already tested a premade full relentless shadowpriest at 1000resi and 3000sp-23%crit and they pwn everything on the way...but rly have you seen a normal player with such gear? I mean yes we are overpowered when we have the best gear available.To reach the gear is an issue though...

True...we still need to have a decent burst.

Of course there is the combo MB - SW but it's not enough powerfull.

I made a post about how making SW an execute like spell would be a good burst as it is something we lack.

Also it would be cool to make Psychic Horror CD back to 1 min or 1min 15 ...

Well I keep dreaming ^^

It's not because we like a steack that we want to know who's the cow.

Quote Originally Posted by Wogga
    too lazy?
    Yes /end feeding troll

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    It costs no mana, so it doesn't really matter if you have to cast it after you res. Just make a castsequence macro with Vampiric Embrace at the end.

Plus if it was an aura we couldn't click it off when we need to.
    Why would you ever want to remove a free healing buff? Explain plz.

Quote Originally Posted by Qthulhu
    Hmm just made a thread about being tired of all the self buffing we need and the GCD it takes, and then i read this thread

Make VE like an DK/Pally aura -Toggle switch & Persists through death.

Slam together say Fort & Spirit just like the DK's have their STR+Agi in Horn.
    That would be great for BG's at 80 AND while leveling. Anyone who's leveled as shadow and played BG's knows that freaking lock fel intelligence is more of a hindrance than a help before level 80 (unless you follow him around like a puppy dog). The lock's buff eats up your divine spirit and then the lock goes out of range and you lose the buff he gives. You refresh DS and it happens again because he got too close and then ran away again. Lol, it's particularly annoying when you have the talent that gives you xtra spell power based on spirit, because it directly affects your dps/burst capability by lowering your spell power. Just use Void, Succy or Felguard in BG WARLOOOOOCKS!! Lol but seriously the converged spell would be "powerful enough" to not be overridden by the lock buff.
    With a shape like that, and a cape like that, cc better cc me. Cuz them dots just keep on rollin, and you know red equals dead. So let them casters cast, cuz haste makes us too fast. And I ride out in Mimiron's Head.

Just checking back in on this thread. How are shadow priest doing? Are they still doing ok? Main reason I am almost 80 with my shadow priest and all i really want to do with him is PvP. I am not the best PvPer but I am a 7 out of 10. And yes I know PvP will suck bad until i get around 800+ resil but other than that can we compete? And please dont come back and say "Go Disc = Win" I get soo sick of people telling all priest that wanna PvP to go Disc /end QQ ;D

PVP Wise - Same as before. Only the Chinese and Uber Players will succeed.

PVE Wise - The latest PTR numbers are showing that we're back down to LIVE dps. Meaning we're still going to be near the bottom of the charts.