15+ Year Old Account

My suggestion for VoA Style raid instance in Cata.

Ok, we all know VoA was a loot piniata. So we have 2 sides : One side that thinks it was too easy, free loot ect, and the other side that loved it becouse they have no time to raid, or to easily gear up alts.

Ok so can anybody say what does Koralon, Archavon, Emalon and Toravon have in common? They are all Elements. What we didint see in Wotlk was resistance fights like Mother in BT. So Why not make them resist gear fights? Each tier of boss would have its own tier of resist gear, thats craftable by Runed orbs, ice orbs, crusader orbs and ect. While yes, the newest boss wouldnt be killible by raiding guilds, but it will be killable when a new tier comes out, making the older orbs buyable with badges. Thoughts?

Deleted

Re: My suggestion for VoA Style raid instance in Cata.

resist fights are harder to balance. do you balance on the entire raid having resist gear or just the tanks? do you factor in elemental protection potions? all those things make fights that balance on resist gear harder to balance. and VoA was the casual card. people won't get special gear while pugging.

it seems a decent idea in the start, but once you get down to the math and such, it becomes a daunting challenge.

I would like a big gear check instance to see if your group is prepared to do each tier of raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by acidragoon
    I would like a big gear check instance to see if your group is prepared to do each tier of raiding.
    this.
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    Dear Blizzard,
    Can our guild have a free pass on Northrend Beasts? We don't believe in harming animals, and would really prefer to not have to fight this boss. ToC looks like a really fun instance, and we would love to experience all your hard work, but we just cannot kill animals.

Thanks!
    <VegansLOL>
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Sure, Why Not!
    We already hand everything out for free anyway. Want a free legendary while we're at it?
    (Avatar too big.)

I would like Blizzard and anyone else that makes up stupid suggestions, to face the fact of where the real problem are.

Have VoA for all you want but make it drop loot from a previous tier+season only.

If we're currently raiding tier12 content... VoA boss drops tier11 as the highest.
    If we're currently in arena season9... VoA boss drops season8 as the highest.

Quote Originally Posted by Karck
    I would like Blizzard and anyone else that makes up stupid suggestions, to face the fact of where the real problem are.

Have VoA for all you want but make it drop loot from a previous tier+season only.

If we're currently raiding tier12 content... VoA boss drops tier11 as the highest.
    If we're currently in arena season9... VoA boss drops season8 as the highest.

So then would the first VoA type boss in Cata still be dropping t10?

I see flaws in your logic, sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

Quote Originally Posted by Kneeo

or they make a new set thats lower than the tier like they did with the first arena season

no flaws there

15+ Year Old Account

They should re-implement the dungeon class sets, and have them have a regular set levelling up, and a heroic set at 85. The heroic version could drop in VoA. Imo, VoA should only be a 10man.

One way could be to simply not have a Catalysm "VoA" until the second tier/season opened up, then boss drops the first one.... no flaw there.

15+ Year Old Account

Or simple don't have VoA in cataclysm, its the biggest piece of shit blizzard ever put in game.
    My twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/durbem I stream my guild's mythic raids, but I'm also streaming other games from time to time.

Because of the semi-random timing of VoA, you can't really plan your raid schedule around it very well. So the bosses really need to be PuGable. And they also need to be able to be done in PVP gear. So I'd say they should probably be pretty simple.

Ahh the fun old wine fest...

VOA was by far the best thing that Blizzard ever did for casuals. You all know casuals don't you? They are the ones that would rather go get laid than raid on any given evening. They are also 80% of the player base that still pays for content they could care less about.

VOA 2.0 WILL EXIST IN CATACLYSM and it will GIVE FREE TIER GEAR just like it does now. Don't expect much to change. Seriously, what are you guys all bitching about anyways? Do you know how lucky you have to be to pull a full tier set from VOA? By the time you finish a full tier set in VOA (winning every item that drops for you and raiding every week) chances are that you will be on the next tier anyways and that is if you got extremely lucky. So, its NOT realistically possible to get a full tier set from VOA anyways while you are still on that tier and any hardcore raider should be able to have access to all of their tier in one week anyways. I thought normal 25 was a joke anyways? Or, do you people just love to bitch about how its a joke except when you are the one that actually has to clear it?

If all raiding is SO EASY like 99.9% of the hardcore whiners love to claim then why are you complaining that someone got gear from VOA if you are all clearing the new content in a week anyways like you are all claiming. Its not like you can get heroic gear from VOA.

Pick an argument, either its so easy that everyone can get it anyways in which case it shouldn't matter if Blizzard sends us our gear in the in-game mail or its difficult enough to obtain that we should complain when Blizzard gives it out to casuals. If hardcore players are truly clearing every new raid in the first week like they claim then VOA can give out a chance at free gear every week and create absolutely no issue.

Oh, and for all of those that bitch about how easy VOA is and how it shouldn't drop tier gear and then show up every week to do it anyways then you are nothing more than hypocrites.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

I have an Idea for VoA style instance in cata.

How about you all STFU because it's not gonna change
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

Quote Originally Posted by Envojus

Ok so can anybody say what does Koralon, Archavon, Emalon and Toravon have in common? They are all Elements. What we didint see in Wotlk was resistance fights like Mother in BT. So Why not make them resist gear fights? Each tier of boss would have its own tier of resist gear, thats craftable by Runed orbs, ice orbs, crusader orbs and ect. While yes, the newest boss wouldnt be killible by raiding guilds, but it will be killable when a new tier comes out, making the older orbs buyable with badges. Thoughts?
    HORRIBLE IDEA! I had to say that with caps. You're saying that I must farm and have space for 4 different resistance gear sets and take them all with me to the instance. My bags are already full enough.