Weapon choice for retri

Hey,

I`m having doubts about what weapon should I use , I have the rellentles ilvl 245 sword and and Reckoning(heroic 10) same ilvl 245.
    Strength wise looks like pvp one is better, I get ~100AP more, but rawr (got 2.2.23) recommends Reckoning and I get more crit, haste and ArPen. Also pvp one is 0.1 slower.

The difference on rawr in favor of reckoning is ~50dps own-buffed and ~100 raid buffed

Problem is that on the dummy practice I do ~200DPS more with the pvp one, so I`m kinda confused what to choose.

I see that after 5k AP rawr tends to recommend crit/agil over str. Is there a softcap on str/ap after which you dont benefit as much from them?

My armory link is http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...flight&n=liviu

Regs,
    Liviu

P.S. I`m not native english speaker so excuse......

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Weapon choice for retri

you arent checking the good one.. :

pve sword give more dps

Hmm, I`m even more confused now, maybe I`m misssing something
    I have the 255dps pvp one, not the 281 one. And from your rawr screenshot Reckoning 255 is above it, so I should chose it.
    But as I said, pvp one did better on dummy. Rawr bugged or......?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Liviu
    Hmm, I`m even more confused now, maybe I`m misssing something
    I have the 255dps pvp one, not the 281 one. And from your rawr screenshot Reckoning 255 is above it, so I should chose it.
    But as I said, pvp one did better on dummy. Rawr bugged or......?
    you compared the 281dps pvp sword with the 255 dps pve sword :P
    in other word you are bugged ;D
    i dont see why you do more dps with pvp one on the other hand..

Never ever take any information that you derive from a practice dummy seriously.

With raid-buffed AP, the higher crit chance from Reckoning will increase your Righteous Vengeance DoT and crits. There are several other factors too, so its not really this simple. Crit is weighing heavily right now because of the 2pc T9.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

That makes sense, didn`t thought about the 2pc T9 weight, thxs.
    Anyway I`ll try to compare dps on similar steady fights.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

2 things...

1. Stop calling us retri paladins

2. Stop using a computer program to figure your numbers and gear. Do the work yourself. Play the game, quit having a program play it for you.

Watch, the next "popular" MMO program will be something that will configure fight mechanics. You select the boss encounter, plug in 10 man or 25 man N or H, and it will auto select the best class... then you can upload your guild or random people and based upon armory it will give you your best out come. But wait, there's more... plug in special achives you want to get, and it will tell you your best class combination. Then with all that data, it will run a simulation and odds of sucess...
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola
    Watch, the next "popular" MMO program will be something that will configure fight mechanics. You select the boss encounter, plug in 10 man or 25 man N or H, and it will auto select the best class... then you can upload your guild or random people and based upon armory it will give you your best out come. But wait, there's more... plug in special achives you want to get, and it will tell you your best class combination. Then with all that data, it will run a simulation and odds of sucess...
    Are you working on this program? I would totally DL that shit.

Seriously though, Nien, from your Rawr chart, am I to assume Relentless Claymore is BiS?I've been tanking so much I haven't looked at Ret BiS list lately. It would seem thats the case, and also that my beloved Aesir's Edge is not as good as the 10H Reckoning, which I did just get last night.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

15+ Year Old Account

i think &?%$ed my first post.. dont mind it (dont post in the morning!)
    btw there is no soft cap on str/ap

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    Are you working on this program? I would totally DL that shit.

Seriously though, Nien, from your Rawr chart, am I to assume Relentless Claymore is BiS?I've been tanking so much I haven't looked at Ret BiS list lately. It would seem thats the case, and also that my beloved Aesir's Edge is not as good as the 10H Reckoning, which I did just get last night.
    Relentless Claymore is not BiS. It may appear so from that list, but not in gear that approaches BiS.

Using the BiS list from EJ, here is a screenshot of the best weapons to occupy your MH slot.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

15+ Year Old Account

ah didnt see what you said Eurytos
    i just cutted the list its not BiS :P

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    ah didnt see what you said Eurytos
    i just cutted the list its not BiS :P
    right right
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.