Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: VoA PUG and [Epic] requirements

Quote Originally Posted by Zargzak
    Actually I did Koralon first time last night cause I could not get inro any group.
    You see, to kill Koralon you need to link achievement, and for this you need... to kill Koralon, which you can't do cause you need achievement to get into party and to kill Koralon.

It's like some people are born [Epic] and with all achievement.
    Or like people think 'Oh come on, I will be a total jerk, I will not help anyone to learn fights because few weeks later someone was kind enough to help me, and now I'm so 1337 and you scrubs gtfo'.
    Besides of luck, I tanked every 5-man in this game on right level, including such a bizzare places as Scholomance or UBRS. (Never been much of a raider though.)

Mate. How can I get achievement if I need achievement to join raid?
    What is it, World of Paradoxcraft?
    I stopped reading here on the word 'deserve'.
    You do the first kill with a guild end of story

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

No offense to the OP or to his successful OT for the fight... but a thread like this really speaks more to how easy VoA is rather than how skilled but undergeared tanks can successfully complete it.

The player Zargzak linked to doesn't just fail to enchant/gem his stuff well (an 18 stam gem in his chest? A strength gem in his shoulders?), but his spec is totally off-the-wall. Improved Rend? While it's obvious that this player might be a good listener, he also doesn't know the first thing about how to spec/gem/enchant a warrior tank. The fact that you were able to complete VoA in spite of this is noteworthy, but let's not overstate things.

Threads about this topic in general boggle my mind.. The whole "link [epic] & achiev" thing either hasn't made it's way to my server, or the idiots in our trade chat are smarter than I thought and realize how stupid it is. Or are just aware of how bad the server is and don't have high hopes. Probably the latter. :-\

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

15+ Year Old Account

Well, I won't deny that [epic] or even the Archavon achievement isn't necessary for doing it, but I still like going into groups with well geared people. It makes stuff a lot easier.

For example: I can tank Koralon and Emalon easily alone (10 man ofc), and that's not really a matter of skill, but more a matter of gear.

Or a healer with 226 gear isn't as likely to go oom as a healer in blues/ilvl 200, and a dps in full epic gear as a higher POTENTIAL dps.

But on the other hand: for one well geared AND well played char, you can take one undergeared with you. Even more so in 25 than in 10 man

Its obviously true that gear is not as important as skill, but seeing as a raid leader does not have a good way to gauge skill (aside from possibly inspecting achievements very closely, which would still be unreliable) gear is the best way to create a good group. Are undergeared people sometimes more beneficial because they have more skill dont stand in as many fires etc? ya they are, but given that you cannot test everyone first gear is a good way to go.

Knowing the quality of players in the persons guild can be a decent indicator also.

this doesnt prove anything. if the healers could keep the tanks up and dps was enuf to kill boss quickly whats the point?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Organoth
    Grats to you but there are still two problems with this, first being you got lucky, damn lucky and I still don't 100% believe this happened but IF it did again grats. Gear and Acheivements are really the only way for a pug to gauge a person's ability to complete a raid with out getting everyone else killed. The other problem is the guy didn't deserve to be there. A lot of ppl will disagree with that statement but too bad. Koalarn and even Emalon drop loot this kid had not right to get over another player of his same class/spec. If the other War tank didn't care that's on him but I won't bring kids to pugs like VoA with blues or lvl 200 epics when there is another geared AND experienced player he could take loot from. Players like him, in blues and such, should be running thins like OS and the proper Heroics to upgrade said blues.
    God you are ignorant.

Yeah 527 defense...
    Ever heard of buffs? Elixirs? http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44328?
    Or are you too 1337 to buff before fights?
    Guess only scroobs like me use buffs.

Also, orky main-tanked Emalon cause I thought itwill be easier to catch adds by myself while all he needs to do is survive ^^.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsilly
    Koralon is a T9 equivalent boss. People geared in blues and Naxx10 epics are not going to pull this off without other overgeared people in the group.
    Ever heard of guys who downed Yogg-Saron completely in blues?
    You can search here on mmo-champion, there's quite a few links to their blog.

And of course the point of this topic was completely missed by quite a few of us.
    The point was: game is easy if you are not retarded.
    [Epic] and achievements mania is a sign of immaturity.
    It's a shame that you can't be banned from WOW for being bad player.
    It's a shame that you can be banned for being good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kungen
    Banned for raiding.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zargzak
    Ever heard of guys who downed Yogg-Saron completely in blues?
    You can search here on mmo-champion, there's quite a few links to their blog.
    I'm gonna guess none of those Yogg killers decked out completely in blues 1) failed to enchant their gear, 2) made poor gem choices, and 3) specced in a horrible, uninformed way.

Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankyouverymuch
    I'm gonna guess none of those Yogg killers decked out completely in blues 1) failed to enchant their gear, 2) made poor gem choices, and 3) specced in a horrible, uninformed way.

Just sayin'.
    People do you actually read before post?

Bigsilly said:
    Koralon is a T9 equivalent boss. People geared in blues and Naxx10 epics are not going to pull this off without other overgeared people in the group.
    And I said: people in blues can kill Yogg-Saron, this is documented fact. Without overgeared people.
    And I'm more then sure Yogg-Saron is harder then t9 equivalent loot pinata named Koralon.

While this topic was about how easy VoA is and how I want to punch in the mouth every pseudo-elitist who's afraid to raid big bad boss without full-epic 10-man party.

And also about importance of abilities to Not Stand In Fire which can greately compensate your gear issues.
    It's a shame that you can't be banned from WOW for being bad player.
    It's a shame that you can be banned for being good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kungen
    Banned for raiding.