Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Molten Core Solo

My friends cousin solo'd all of BT up to the coucil as holy.
    A DK in my guild and me go and 2 man most of Naxx(Good gold run btw) every week.

Statements mean nothing without evidence.

10+ Year Old Account

Has anyone soloed BWL? Is what I want to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

15+ Year Old Account

Pretty sure you can't solo Vael. After him It would be possible probably.

Quote Originally Posted by seam
    My friends cousin solo'd all of BT up to the coucil as holy.
    A DK in my guild and me go and 2 man most of Naxx(Good gold run btw) every week.

Statements mean nothing without evidence.
    kara was 3-5 manned at level 70 and you dont think a toc geared dk can solo it? Also its just for gold or just for nostalgia and laughs i didnt think it was imprtant enough to document.
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

I'm curious as to how you do Sulfuron and his adds as holy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom
    Has anyone soloed BWL? Is what I want to know.
    I doubt thats possible atm, although I've solo nefarian once or twice.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by FireBorne
    kara was 3-5 manned at level 70 and you dont think a toc geared dk can solo it? Also its just for gold or just for nostalgia and laughs i didnt think it was imprtant enough to document.
    I know it's possible, I've solo'd Attunemen and Moroes on a warrior so I doupt it would be hard as a DK.

I was more or less commenting on how it sounded.

Was never meant as an "OMG im awesome" thread. Its more of a "every solo pally thread seems to be a prot, this is what ive done, what else can holy pallies do" thread. (scroll up, it might be a bit cryptic, but thats what ive said).

If you are unimpressed, Im sure theres tons of other threads to read through.

But I guess my next task will be to get someone to help me kill vael then solo BWL. havent been in there since i went for the achievement. 8/8 T1 but only 2/8 T2. Fights like nef would prob take forever, but would be doable i imagine.
    And I'm really not looking forward to a NR gear grind.

Sulfuron's adds spam Shadow word pain. which takes less mana than their heal. So once they run out of mana. they get enough mana to cast SWP first and use it. and go oom again. and they never cast a heal. takes about 15 minutes or so to get them to run out (since i wasnt putting a whole ton of pressure on them they werent spamming dark mending)

Fun to see holy kicking some ass too!

As for farming AQ40 solo as holy... sounds like quite the challenge, then i can just go from prot-experience.
    I tried the first boss solo as prot a few months ago and it was not possible, way too much nature(maybe a bucket of arcane too)-damage
    to survive, holy could oultlast it better for sure.
    Guess i could have gotten nature-res gear, but i´d prefer taking a few guildies along who also want rep there, or find the occational
    trade-spam-achievement-for-AQ40 pug.

Bosses that do more than melee can be a bitch to solo as protadin!

And if you still get rep from mobs, just keep farming the trash before the first boss and reset the instance, before turning in your tokens.
    You could get http://www.wowhead.com/?achievement=424 from the first packs if you´re
    lucky, i was on a roll when i got my red tank in a half-full pug going there for rep. 8)

Back in early Wotlk I was the cool shockadin spec =P 31/0/**
    Well i made it a habit of trying to solo everything I could possibly fiend =p MC kicked my ass quite hard, the damn silence. Onyxia was easy obviously, and AQ wasn't too hard up to a point. But by far the most fun was ZG! I could solo everything but the Tiger boss =( But I'll never forget how epic it all felt. I never got to raid ZG back in Vanilla, and going in their I had to learn how everything worked through trial and error (Could have looked up the bosses on thottbot or whatever but this way was funner =P ).

My particular favorite was the bat boss (forget her name), I just started wearing her down, dodged the bat bombs and started getting really confident, then the bitch started healing. I started freaking out, I had no idea how I was gunna kill her, but luckily she wasn't posing a threat to me, I was a mana battery! In the end i figured out I could just let her keep healing until she was out of mana, then just burst her down, took over an hour of straight combat, but it sure was fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pos View Post
    WoW is my shameful secret. Like a mistress. or a child.

Deleted

You can solo AQ40 first boss as prot, you need some nature resistance.

I think I had tbc wildguard set with head enchant, then some green AH resistance granting me around 300 total and it was doable, just pop wings on the ADDs and wall of salvation and keep SS up, rest is nuking your heart out, then regening hp and mana back to 100% before next adds (they come every 25%).

It's not that hard, and battleguard satura or whatever is very easy, rest is pretty much impossible or requires much playing around.

I tried fankiriss few times but enraged adds + tele stun kills you, when adds hit like 3k or sumthin.

i keep seeing peoplemention tiger boss. I watched a prot pally solo tiger boss for an hour before he finally gave up. They werent going down on mana and neither was he.

Then someone showed us a trick on how to LOS the healer from the other 2 (involves positioning healer, stunning him. kiting other 2 around a pole and then the healer doesnt heal the other 2. get them down to 2% burn healer asap then finish them. Granted as holy you have HoJ for an interupt. Being a blood elf actually helps since arcane torrent works too. Ive seen my prot friend do it a few times solo, maybe I should try it as holy.

Kinda hijacking the thread, but it's a quick question... I'm a nice geared pally, what do you guys think is the best place to solo for gold farming? I can solo most of MC (never tried all bosses), a lot of ZG (tho it's boring), and a lot of Kara. What's the best place?

Quote Originally Posted by khelegond
    Kinda hijacking the thread, but it's a quick question... I'm a nice geared pally, what do you guys think is the best place to solo for gold farming? I can solo most of MC (never tried all bosses), a lot of ZG (tho it's boring), and a lot of Kara. What's the best place?
    There is at least one location in Northrend that can yield ~800-1000g per hour but I am not giving that loc away.

Farming MC can be decent money but its very drop dependent. I have never had any problems selling the BoE bracers/belts for 28g on the AH. The Fiery and Lava Cores and Blood of the Mountain sell for 20g+ each depending on your server. Last night I took 3 guildies with me to plow through MC (3 pallys and a rogue). We left a lot of gold on the corpses in that run. No one looted any of the epics aside from the Lawbringer gear, Cores/Blood, and Essence of Fires. Every other drop, epic or not, was left to rot.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by khelegond
    I don't mean to derail the thread or anything, just thought id respond to this poster...

"What place is better to farm" depends on the prices of the items that drop in that place on your local AH. If Fiery/Lava Cores sell good in your AH, MC. If Coins/Bijous sell good, ZG. If the other two sell for crap on your server, you can either try to monopolize them and control their prices, OR you can go farm kara and have the greens you get DE'd. On my server, both cores and bijous sell well, so i just farm ZG. Bijous DO drop a lot more than cores, AND their demand is usually much much higher than that of cores.
    “Bunter is like Voltron, except he’s just one guy instead of a pack of lions.”