Rapture talent bugged?

I havn't had time or noticed if the mana return on absorbed/dispelled works but the second part of the talent that gives 2%mana 32 RP doesn't appear to be working at all. I figured it just wouldn't work on myself when I didn't get 2% mana back but my buddy made a DK to level with me and he never gets any RP when I cast it on him.

Known bug? Worth droping the talent? Can someone help me out on this one?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Rapture talent bugged?

Quote Originally Posted by cerealK
    Known bug? Worth droping the talent?
    It has always been on and off since it was implemented. But it isnt worth dropping. Theres nothing in either tree with any reasonable use or worth when compared to the main mana restore of rapture.

I don't know how you've tested it, but you've done it wrong. Check a normal 25 man run of anything with a disc priest in. If you look under rage gained / runic power gained / energy gained, rapture will be a small source in all of these. At least that's how it is in our guild :>

You can't really test it wrong...It doesn't give me 2% mana when cast on my self and didn't give my buddy on his DK any runic power when cst on him. Casted many many times on us both.

I assume from the first reply that the other part of the talent works then, I hadn't tried it out yet in a controlled setting.
    Thank you very much!

It doesnt give mana on cast, it gives mana when the shield BREAKS. Ive gained a crapton of mana through rapture, its definitely a tremondous boost in mana regen.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli
    It doesnt give mana on cast, it gives mana when the shield BREAKS. Ive gained a crapton of mana through rapture, its definitely a tremondous boost in mana regen.
    I hate to sound nasty but if you're a priest, you should know what your talents do....
    The mana back on sheild breaking is only the first of 2 things the rapture talent does.

I hate to sound nasty but if you're a priest, you should know what your talents do....
    The mana back on sheild breaking is only the first of 2 things the rapture talent does.
    Try it, you'll be surprised.

If you read the tooltip correctly you will see that both parts only occur when PW:S is absorbed or dispelled.

Try it with your DK friend smashing your shield and you doing his, then see if it works. Also remember it can only proc once every 12 seconds.

I am Priest - Play Free Online Games

So you've just proved in this thread that you don't know what your talents do ?

Therefore I call: Fake priest !

Unless you use it to your advantage when it breaks on multiple targets at once, e.g. blowing up stars on Algalon or Icehowl's Massive Crash, both only two of many instances where you can suddenly find yourself gaining upwards of 10k mana instantly. Just shield as many targets as you can before a massive, raid-wide damage spike. The shields all break instantly, giving you mana back for every target whose shield breaks. Only problem is you need to be taking enough damage to get the multi-procs, which is why this mana regen trick is better the more damage people are taking. And of course the damage has to hit everyone at exactly the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironfoot

[...]

... remember it can only proc once every 12 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by KresnikHellfire
    So you've just proved in this thread that you don't know what your talents do ?

Therefore I call: Fake priest !
    I would say it isn't worded well. "and you energize your sheilded target to mana/rage/blah"
    and yes, I'm only lvl 54. That's why I'm tring to sort out why it wasn't working the way it seemed to imply.
    Quick question tho, if I'm my sheilded target do I gain the 2.5% AND the 2% when it breaks/dispelled?