Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Patch 3.3 PTR Build 10623

The paladin set does look quite like a shamans, but if you look at the helm you can see that if the visor was down then it would look alot different, thats whats up with that neck thing.

So far......
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Fowl
    Sorry if it's been asked/mentioned before, too lazy to read through all the pages.
    But does anyone know what type of scourge pally tier is based off? Priest looks like a Cultist, but Pallies, I have no idea.
    based off necromancers maybe? since both have skulls on their heads and faces showing?

Quote Originally Posted by Xombo
    [Copy/Paste of my comment in a Bolvar thread just figured I'd put it here too]

Does it make sense that Bolvar is Lavaman tho? Why would the Lich King turn "his greaest deathknight" into that?
    This is the Lich King we're talking about. The guy's ideal soldier is one with his guts hanging out of his chest. If Bolvar/Lavaman is powerful, I doubt that the Lich King will refuse to employ him because he's not pretty enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsavo
    The bright pink neck guard is bugged it will be the same color as the straps around the shoulder pads (the deep purple).
    Given the history of paladin tier sets, I wouldn't rule out the possibility that the neck guard is the correct color and the whole set is supposed to be bright pink. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    You missed one;
    "The achievements to get exalted with the Warsong Gulch, Arathi Basin, and Alterac Valley factions have been removed from their respective “Master of” meta-achievements. Special titles will be offered to those who reach exalted with these factions."

Frankly, i'm pissed. I spent a good few WEEKS of constant BG'ing to get exalted with AB and WSG (hell, even from Revered to Exalted is a pain in the ass in Vindication EU) for Battlemaster. It was by far the longest part of the achievement, one of the major grindy parts of such an achievement. It was the real test of whether you could be bothered to put in the time and effort to get it (i actually got someone post on my Youtube video stating that Arena Master > Battlemaster, and that Battlemaster can be earned by simply playing for 1 hour a day, and also at the same time all day long, think it was some nerdrage just because someone had something they didn't have).

I'm guessing the titles will be this;
    Defiler <Name>
    Outrider <Name>
    Frostwolf <Name>

<Name> of Arathor
    Sentinel <Name>
    <Name> of Stormpike

Although i could be wrong.
    I'm as pissed as you are, spent HOURS and HOURS grinding Conqueror for Battlemaster and now Blizzard fuckers just going to give Battlemaster for free. GG, one of the few worthy titles is going to be given for free. At least I only lack 10 SoTA wins and I'll have it before all these fucking nerfs to the casuals.
    Banned.

If the priest gear recieves a colour change i'l be happy. Well, realy im pretty happy anyways. Looks to be an awesome patch

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Legendarius
    I'm as pissed as you are, spent HOURS and HOURS grinding Conqueror for Battlemaster and now Blizzard fuckers just going to give Battlemaster for free. GG, one of the few worthy titles is going to be given for free. At least I only lack 10 SoTA wins and I'll have it before all these fucking nerfs to the casuals.
    QQ moar plz. My sword feeds on your tears and damaged e-peen.

15+ Year Old Account

I maybe in the minority in this one but I don't think "Lavaman" is Bolvar. I just watched the Wrathgate video several times to look at similarities between the two models.

1) The first is that left shoulderpad. In the video the pad is stickingmore out and almost horizonal to Bolvars shoulder. Lavaman has his shoulder facing almost perpendicular to his shoulder. (look at the opening cut to Bolvar)
    2) His belt is one continuous decoration. Lavaman has a U-shape opening in the front (similar to how the T8 belts look) (Look right before video pans to militents)
    3) It appears that Lavaman has a type of skirt that he is trying to wear. Bolvar does not wear a skirt. He does wear a tabard that comes down a bit but not around the side. (Look while Bolvar is passing militents)
    4) Lavaman has a wide top part for his boots. Bolvar's boots are not that wide at the top. (after Valkres storm out of the gate, Balvar starts charging for them. Look at the one second his boots are visible)

Does it make sense that Bolvar is Lavaman tho? Why would the Lich King turn "his greaest deathknight" into that?
    Did i miss anything about this Lavaman character? Why do everyone suggest he is a boss or even evil?

I think lavaman is Tiburon Fjord (i know thats not his name), the paladin who beat Lich King in beginning of the Death Knight. Expect he got torched by Arthas, he could even be turned since Fjord is not on holy ground.

Im not even gonna bother anymore.

The paladin set looks awesome with the pink "thing" around our neck!

Keep it up blizzard! lol

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by rat
    If the paladin helm is not a bug, I may end up deleting my paladin.

I hate when people whine about tier sets. I'm trying to like this one. I really, really am trying. But so far I am just really not feeling it. And that helm is just... oh god, please tell me it's broken. Just... just broken, that's all. It'll be okay. It'll be okay...

It's not hard to turn your helmet off you know. -.-

... whoever said said Bolvar was his greatest death knight?

Perhaps you are forgetting the battle for lights hope chapel at the end of the DK starting zone quests. Arthas sucks up Alexandros Mograine's soul, but it never says he consumes it or destroys it, which means its more than likely going to be us against him later in ICC.

Just look at the particular heroes chosen to participate in the ICC battles.

Saurfang + Muradin, for the battle on the air ships.
    Varian for the battle with Bolvar
    Darion for the battle against Alexandros
    And Fordring for the battle against Arthas.

At least thats my theory on it.. Nothing says bolvar is the greatest DK in his army, especially since he wasnt even the greatest paladin on azeroth before his death, and it leaves the hole of what ever happened to alexandros after lights hope

Lavaman!

What an awesome name for a raid boss. Finally a WoW parody of Benny Lava

Woot @ Ormus returning to the Blizzard universe!

And if you don't get the reference, then you don't remember your D2 NPCs.

10+ Year Old Account

Mm, Lavaman. Deathwing looks great.
    I wonder where we will run into him first.

On another note, the priest T10 looks good, although, I hope there is blue color variation available.

10+ Year Old Account

So in keeping with the scourge mob themes on the t10 I'm gunna say that the priest set is based off a necromancer while the paladin... I'm not really sure on that one... firey skulls and runed bands everywhere? Can't think of anything that looks like that... and yeah that does kind of look like shaman gear except for the jewels and the helm with the visor like a knight's... maybe its a reference to the Ashbringer?... or even Alexandros Mograine himself?

seems like the new build added a new weather effect(for IC only?)

Doing Photoshop requests.

Paladin t10 is awesome!

I bet it's modeled after lavaman. /nodnod
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolatinia View Post
    Deathwing begins to explode as he explodes