Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Patch 3.3 PTR Build 10623

Quote Originally Posted by Vashta
    Is Lavaman the file name on the PTR?
    Yes. If it actually had a character name, it'd be a lot easier to make everybody stop thinking it's anything but Bolvar :P

Quote Originally Posted by Half Elf Dragon
    Each set seems to have a specific inspiration

Warlock - Ner'zhul
    Rogue - Giest
    Priest - Cultist/Acolyte(Cult of the Damned)
    Paladin - Lavaman/Bolvar
    Mage - San'layn
    Death Knight - Arthas
    Hunter - Anub'arak/Crypt Lord
    Druid - Nightmare/Valithiria Dreamwalker (if Nightmare, then its not really connected to Scourge)
    Warrior - Boar (not really connected to Scourge)
    Shaman - Remains to be seen (I'm hoping for Frostwyrm/Emberwyrm inspiration personally)

Personally, the color in the picture for Priest makes it look generic. I'm hoping the others are more Cultist-y
    Not entirely sure if youre right on all of them, but if there is a shaman set, they should definetly make it inspired by Ner'zhul, the lich king.
    After all, he started as a shaman, though, such a set would necesarily include some horde symbols. Although maybe we are looking at a general ice set for shammies?

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground
    If Arthas isn't being redeemed, neither is a man made of fire.
    Actually Bolvar is getting redeemed, read the the conversation between Saurfang and Tirion

Quote Originally Posted by rat
    Not bad. Just curious, but how do y'all get these screenshots? :O I'd assume a model viewer of some sort of course, but if it's "the" WoWModelViewer, I can't figure it out. Then, I also can't keep it stable enough not to crash randomly, but that's besides the point >_>
    Not to bomb wowmodelviewer's download sight, but Chuanhsing has perfected modelviewer to the point that it will automatically search PTR files for you, and discover new files for your perusal. Granted they don't have names, only model numbers, but the newest files are near the bottom of the list (usually) so it doesn't take much searching to throw the pally set together.

Although tempted to throw out the download sight, i don't want to bomb their server. If you're really dedicated to looking for it, it's at http://www.wowmodelviewer.org/ and then look through the forums (hint Open Source Model Viewer /hint) and follow the directions in that thread. This is by far the most stable version i've come across, and the particle effects actually work.

p.s. The pally tier is all about Bustin Skulls if you haven't looked at the shoulders enough.

In my opinion, that Paladin's headgear is not a bug, but one of the wicked jokes from the sick minds in the Blizz team :>
    Insert cookies here <---
    Oversized Avatar removed - Cilraaz

Quote Originally Posted by norokelt
    ...just one FAIL...
    Since when is some conflict between H and A strongering the sides? Instead they fight side by side focusing on LK, they need to watch they backs as well... ^^
    btw. Arthas loves the chaos and confusion, and turning one against the other, brother vs brother, son vs father, etc.
    you dont really mind that some conflict between the 2 factions would be something what would LK not welcome and what would be strongering the H a A ...
    Quoted for irony fail ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel
    Actually Bolvar is getting redeemed, read the the conversation between Saurfang and Tirion
    Go read that conversation again. Now go look at what happens in Cataclysm.

That look like peace to you?

hahahahahaha rep points to Juggynaut and lavaman... oh wait do we give away rep points on this forum? :P nvm if we are not those guys should have it!

Btw, why the heck does deathwing wants to have lava all over him when he's not in his dragonform? I mean the purpose to have a humanoid form is basically to blend in with the other races, e.g. to infiltrate and/or be less scary to talk too.. correct me if I'm wrong? A burning lava man wouldn't be the best choice imo...

Besides didn't blizzard conformed that the Cataclysm did NOT happen at the same time we where fighting in northrend... which means it will happen after the Lich king goes bye bye, right? And in that case would mean IF the recently notorious Lavaman IS Deathwing then we'll not see him in Icecrown, since the cataclysm started when he came back to our world, or? for me it doesn't make much sense why they'll put only one Cataclysm related file in the game in a random PTR build? He R not our beloved Nely!

Deleted

I'm looking forward to the Paladin T10. Save for the pink chin strap, it looks very nice.
    But, out of wonder, am I the only one who looked at the side view and thought 'Dragoon'?
    To me, the helm certainly looks like a dragoon's helm.

And yes, I am aware its a skull

As for Lavaman, I'm gonna go with Highlord Bolovar too.

Its most likely Bolvar...

It can't be Deathwing... for the simple reason that its too obvious... Dragons go to humanoid forms to blend in... a guy thats made of molten rocks stands out a little.
    It's just a game.

Don't know if this has been posted already or if it was missed due to the hooplah over Bolvar's misfortunes, but there is now an Alliance counterpart to the wyvern pet:

Gryphonpet

Quote Originally Posted by rat
    Go read that conversation again. Now go look at what happens in Cataclysm.

That look like peace to you?
    The Conflict in Cataclysm mainly fueled by two hotheaded leaders (Garrosh and Varian) doesn't have anything to do with Tirion and Saurfang saving Bolvar. They probably die during the event so either Garrosh or Varian uses their death as an excuse to further escalate the conflict.
    The Arthas fight will probably have a soft enrage timer in the form of Bolvars redemption. IE: You have 10 minutes to dps Arthas to certain percentage so you'll free Bolvar of torture and conversion to a Death Knight so he helps you in the fight with Arthas(providing a buff with whom without the fight is impossible) or you fail to dps Arthas to certain percentage in the said 10 minutes so Bolvar is converted to a Death Knight and he wipes your raid.
    Probably not exactly the same mechanics but something of the sort.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Asali
    hahahahahaha rep points to Juggynaut and lavaman... oh wait do we give away rep points on this forum? :P nvm if we are not those guys should have it!

Btw, why the heck does deathwing wants to have lava all over him when he's not in his dragonform? I mean the purpose to have a humanoid form is basically to blend in with the other races, e.g. to infiltrate and/or be less scary to talk too.. correct me if I'm wrong? A burning lava man wouldn't be the best choice imo...

Besides didn't blizzard conformed that the Cataclysm did NOT happen at the same time we where fighting in northrend... which means it will happen after the Lich king goes bye bye, right? And in that case would mean IF the recently notorious Lavaman IS Deathwing then we'll not see him in Icecrown, since the cataclysm started when he came back to our world, or? for me it doesn't make much sense why they'll put only one Cataclysm related file in the game in a random PTR build? He R not our beloved Nely!

Deathwing will be summoned by the twilight's hammer, the summoning will go wrong and he'll accidentally appear in icecrown in human form.
    He'll look around confused for a moment wondering what the hell woke him up from his nap, while the frozen throne melts.
    Arthas will get pissed thinking of all the costs to rebuild it, finding another yoggy mine, importing alien ice from the burning legion, etc, and will have a heart attack, leading to that animation everyone saw already.
    The End.

Quote Originally Posted by norokelt
    ...just one FAIL...
    Since when is some conflict between H and A strongering the sides? Instead they fight side by side focusing on LK, they need to watch they backs as well... ^^
    btw. Arthas loves the chaos and confusion, and turning one against the other, brother vs brother, son vs father, etc.
    you dont really mind that some conflict between the 2 factions would be something what would LK not welcome and what would be strongering the H a A ...
    Exactly not. If H+A have to reach a strength of 5 together to have a chance against the LK, every army has to bring an avarage potential of 2.5

If both factions are split up and fight separately they would have to bring an potential of 5 to the table or they won't stand a chance.
    The only risk is H and A meet in ICC and kill each other, before they reach the LK, then => LK wins :P

"Let's re-design paladins' T8 and put a skull on top for the new T10. And I think we should mix some psychedelic colours into it too - I heard kids smoke a lotta pot these days."

"YOU, sir, are getting a RAISE."

Stood in the Fire NefariousNinja's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Why is the lava guy's shoulder different than Bolvar's if that is him?

Quote Originally Posted by Valtiel
    Ok.

And during this time, none of the good guys would have come to pick up Bolvar's body? Guess he went with the environment?

The body isn't there DURING the sequence. So either it was destroyed, or we have a shoddy plothole.
    No, we dont.

What we have is battle tactics. Bolvar's corpse was burned, immolated, destroyed AS FAR AS WE KNEW. There wasnt a reason to take a charred corpse back to Varian, thats why we only took his shield.

You've never been in a war, or even paid much attention to it... mass unmarked graves my friend, because why would you strive to return a half eatten chared impaled bloody mangled corpse? You wouldn't, you just bury them and honor them as they once were.

Bolvar died a heroes death, as far as we knew, and his body was charred to the point of being nearly destroyed, as far as we knew. We took back what we could, same reason the horde only take back saurfangs battle armor and not his corpse (w/e was left of it).

You want to see a plot hole where there is none because you're not thinking in the correct fantasy medieval MMORPG mindset.

Only got through about the first 12 pages, sorry if this has been said before.

Early in the thread people speculated that Lavaman = Deathwing(human)
    Others speculated that Lavaman = Bolvar

While I believe that the second explanation is infinitely more likely, I would like to play around with a third option. Perhaps it is both. Wouldn't the alliance Onyxia quest chain (60) be all the more epic if it turns out that Bolvar was a dragon as well? Bolvar = deathwing or some lieutenant thereof? I don't know...seemed very 'blizzardish'

I realize that deathwing is banished on a different plane and him showing up causes cata and all that (so highly unlikely). However, I think it could be a cool twist, and true to form for dragons acting like people. Also explains how bolvar survived Alexstraza's dragon breath. Again, simply idle and unlikely speculation, but I like the idea.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by NefariousNinja
    Because it melted

Quote Originally Posted by NefariousNinja
    It was warped and corroded by the acidity of the plague and the heat of the ruby flames... oddly, the combination of those didn't manage to totally decimate his body. Ahh, poetic liberties.