Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Patch 3.3 PTR Build 10623

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamonium*
    Cmooooon shaman tier !!

CMON ALREADY WHY DO WE ALWAYS WAIT TILL LAST!

The best is always last.

Quote Originally Posted by Kako
    Only got through about the first 12 pages, sorry if this has been said before.

Early in the thread people speculated that Lavaman = Deathwing(human)
    Others speculated that Lavaman = Bolvar

While I believe that the second explanation is infinitely more likely, I would like to play around with a third option. Perhaps it is both. Wouldn't the alliance Onyxia quest chain (60) be all the more epic if it turns out that Bolvar was a dragon as well? Bolvar = deathwing or some lieutenant thereof? I don't know...seemed very 'blizzardish'

I realize that deathwing is banished on a different plane and him showing up causes cata and all that (so highly unlikely). However, I think it could be a cool twist, and true to form for dragons acting like people. Also explains how bolvar survived Alexstraza's dragon breath. Again, simply idle and unlikely speculation, but I like the idea.
    No. Deathwing is recuperating in Deepholm. His eruption from Deepholm triggers the cataclysm. He isn't involved with the events at Icecrown.

Quote Originally Posted by Azahel
    Because it melted
    Quote Originally Posted by thyskl
    It was warped and corroded by the acidity of the plague and the heat of the ruby flames... oddly, the combination of those didn't manage to totally decimate his body. Ahh, poetic liberties.
    or he rolled high and got new epix?

Quote Originally Posted by Azahel

Deathwing will be summoned by the twilight's hammer, the summoning will go wrong and he'll accidentally appear in icecrown in human form.
    He'll look around confused for a moment wondering what the hell woke him up from his nap, while the frozen throne melts.
    Arthas will get pissed thinking of all the costs to rebuild it, finding another yoggy mine, importing alien ice from the burning legion, etc, and will have a heart attack, leading to that animation everyone saw already.
    The End.
    which means... we have to swim back to mainland?

Ashen Verdict : new reputation faction for 3.3 and Icecrown
    Ashen Vedict ---> ash
    ash = fire
    fire = lavaman
    lavaman therefore = goodguy
    goodguy maybe = Bolvar

if this is so, my guess is that he was burnt by the dragons fire, captured by the Lich King, and during our 5'mans we somehow rescue him or help him escape, hence that achievement to escape from the Lich King within a certain amount of time.

The Paladin armor is based off KT for those who havent looked at it closely.

Deleted

paladin t10 looks like its from zul'aman

SPOILER

I am not sure if this has been posted, but here goes.
    Since lavaman is probably Bolvar, it would fit really well with what the was in the screenshot about the lich king having a hard time "breaking him" and bolvar saying he would never be broken!

Quote Originally Posted by Kako
    Only got through about the first 12 pages, sorry if this has been said before.

Early in the thread people speculated that Lavaman = Deathwing(human)
    Others speculated that Lavaman = Bolvar

While I believe that the second explanation is infinitely more likely, I would like to play around with a third option. Perhaps it is both. Wouldn't the alliance Onyxia quest chain (60) be all the more epic if it turns out that Bolvar was a dragon as well? Bolvar = deathwing or some lieutenant thereof? I don't know...seemed very 'blizzardish'

I realize that deathwing is banished on a different plane and him showing up causes cata and all that (so highly unlikely). However, I think it could be a cool twist, and true to form for dragons acting like people. Also explains how bolvar survived Alexstraza's dragon breath. Again, simply idle and unlikely speculation, but I like the idea.
    Deathwings human form is Lord Daval Prestor.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    I really hate to break this to you but all specs of warlock have been viable in this game since 2.4. Demonology just didn't really shine until 3.1 and then it depended on your gear.
    Mages actually have 4 viable spec, Arcane, Fire/TTW, Frostfire and Frost soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel
    This
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Daval_Prestor

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel
    Which was in the original World of Warcraft beta(well, it was actually Lord Daval Prestor II, but chance are it was meant to be Deathwing) and was later replaced with Lady Katrana Prestor. Of course, only the people that played the beta would probably know this.

Thought I'd give the pala helmet a try. Not amazing, but at least an idea how it could look.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Patch 3.3 PTR Notes Update - 10/20

Quote Originally Posted by Maxisawesome
    Yay @ the pets!

Don't have to kill takk&others anymore boo blizz no longer able to gain exaulted rep with warsong defilers and frostwolve fuck blizz just leave shit alone......
    My pew pew makes you qq

Quote Originally Posted by Ma_shed
    If only there was a Flip Visor option in addition to hide/show...
    QFT.

On one hand, I understand what they're saying. Paladins *face* their enemies (har har har), but it just looks terrible. It has the odd result of making his head look even smaller than with just those big-ass shoulders. Put the visor down and it wouldn't look so disproportionate.

Shaman tier last >:|
    Hoping they compensate by making it looks [size=50AWESOMEpt][/size]
    Don't be such a a vagine man

Quote Originally Posted by Xombo
    [Copy/Paste of my comment in a Bolvar thread just figured I'd put it here too]

Does it make sense that Bolvar is Lavaman tho? Why would the Lich King turn "his greaest deathknight" into that? Personally I'm skeptical that it is Bolvar in that regard, but also I'm thinking it's a fact that alot of people *want* to see Bolvar as this Lavaman guy. The whole "OMG THEY LOOK SO SIMILAR IN THAT SCREENSHOT" thing is merely just a representation of people looking at a human-model-designed new addition to the game. Is it Bolvar? Maybe. Is it some different new human-like model added to the game? Maybe.

This explanation is much less epic, but it seems to make more sense to me

Gaining reputation with the Ashen Verdict in Icecrown Citadel will grant players access to upgradeable rings from Ormus the Penitent. Players can switch between the type of ring (melee/caster/tank/healer) at any point in the upgrade path for 200g.

Maybe it's this Ormus the Penitent guy from the Ashen Verdict?
    No... you people who say "its some random guy who just accidently fits to Bolvars appearence in the Yogg-Saron-Scene, there isn o reaosn why he should be like this" seem to forget Alexstraza who set the whole Wrathgate on fire after the Forsaken bombed evryone away... Im sure it is Bolvar and has something todo with that.

We got Bolvar Fordragon, one of the two leaders of the Wrathgateincident who fought against Arthas, killed by the Pleague of the Forsaken, burned by Alexstraza and even now we enter Icecrown he seems to keep contol over himself even after turned undead by Arthas. The Lich King surely wouldnt make him like this... he didnt. That's how he probably looks because of the Fire and Arthas curse, not yet in any kind of shiny new armor since he resisted evry attempt to convert him to one of the Death Knights so far.

I doubt its simply "I want to see Bolvar." why so many think its him. I simply think this fits well. But in the end... we got to see what Icecrown shows us.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Don't know what you're talking about, Rogue tier looks like one of the sweetest armor sets in the entire game.

That said... man. Paladins. ...Man.

And disappointed they didn't go with a Val'kyr look for either the priests OR the palis, just... 'generic dark cultist' and 'generic fantasy armor number 12'
    Are you kidding me? the Rogue set looks like the hopping lamp thing on the intro to Toy Story

Worst set of gear i've ever seen in my life, bar none, even worse than Paladin T5 (which i actually liked :<)

And is it just me or does the Paladin set look like a very slightly different T8..

Quote Originally Posted by Monticristo
    Which was in the original World of Warcraft beta(well, it was actually Lord Daval Prestor II, but chance are it was meant to be Deathwing) and was later replaced with Lady Katrana Prestor. Of course, only the people that played the beta would probably know this.
    According to lore, Katrana Prestor aka Onyxia (Deathwings daughter) was placed there by Dethwing himself in order to strenghten his corruption on the Stormwind court. Daval Prestor II doesn't exist anywhere in the lore so i don't get your point.

10+ Year Old Account

Oh cheers, at the first I hated the paladin tier 10, but after going through all the 30 pages of this formu I've started to love it more and more
    And IMO the blue paladinset looks the best now, but still I want a colour that shows abit more "light" and "righteousness" :P Well that'll prolly be the silver and gold combi again, wich is kinda boring xD.

And to the lavaman, how did Alex know that Bolvar still was alive? My suggestion is that when they were transporting Bolvar to safety they got assaulted by the scourge, then the scourge took him as a project for some sick kind of über unholy DK or sumthin, wich now seem to have failed... <.< But then again, this is just my speculations :P

Keep up the posts guys, this thread really amuses me
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Dear Bahumut5 and other moderators trying to make users think I'm a girl, please have a giant cup of go fuck yourself.