Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Patch 3.3 PTR Build 10623

Quote Originally Posted by Extract
    Quote Originally Posted by Illitti
    It's not probably boub's fault, maybe blizzard named it wrong or something. But mark my words, that is shaman set.
    I hope so :P
    Hope all you want, it's not true. =-/ The Paladin T10 looks distinctly plate; there are no elements of chain in the armor, and there's little elemental theme to the armor aside from the fire in the shoulders/eyes.

I really don't mind the Paladin T10 as much as most others seem to; I just wish the visor were down on the helm it looks so stupid with it up. The whole point of a helm's visor is to protect the face in combat, if it's not down in combat (like blizzard can or would have only one helm in the game show a different graphic in and out of combat) WHY HAVE THE VISOR AT ALL?

who is the lava guy? i dont want to borwsee 35 sites of comments
    Main: Shantál <Apex>- EU-Al'akir 13/13 HC since Feb 15th '11; 7/7 HC since Aug 18th '11; 8/8 HC since Jan 3rd '12
    Alts: Zeroday <Apex>- EU-Al'akir / Vitiation <Apex>- EU-Al'akir

Shantál vs Alysrazor HEROIC solo [click]

Quote Originally Posted by brolly
    who is the lava guy? i dont want to borwsee 35 sites of comments
    So pick one of the pages and bother reading? It's probably mentioned with a greater frequency than once each page.

It takes zero skill to get the rep achievements for battlemaster.

It just takes a ludicrous amount of game time.

Read again: It takes ZERO SKILL to grind the rep. The rest of the achievements for battlemaster can be done in a few weeks of play, it is only the WSG/AB reps which are the cockblock for anyone who didn't play pre-BC.

People QQing over the rep achievements being removed from the meta need to reexamine their stance on this game. The WSG/AB reps are stupidly tedious to grind. Congratulations, you had 500+ hours of free time available to spend grinding out games of WSG/AB over and over, have a title. Frankly you could AFK your way to that title, I see plenty of people doing it. Grats on playing pre-BC when it was way easier to grind the rep, or on having the time to play the roughly 500 or so of AB and WSG games required to get the rep to exalted, or on botting AFK overnight for a few months. Assuming an average of 10 minutes per game, that is somewhere in the region of two hundred hours of gameplay spent sitting in AB and WSG grinding out caps and wins. Depending on your battlegroup and faction it may be way more.

Now you get special titles to show off that you spent the immense amount of time required to grind out games (as if Conquerer and tabards weren't enough), and the rest of us who have most or all of the other achievements for the meta but didn't want to spend another month-plus grinding out AB/WSG day in and day out get the battlemaster title. Big deal.

Time does not equate to skill. If you're QQing over not being a special snowflake because now people won't be able to see you spent roughly a month of your life in nothing but AB/WSG, I pity you
    Maybe you don't see the bigger picture here, having everything easy is not the way an mmo should go. Other MMO's already require waaaay more farming or more time then wow does, yet you want even this easymode. Some titles are only for those that actually have a passion to do the bg's or pvp in general. If pve people can't get it the "hard" way then go emo. I already am playing barerly because there isn't much longterm stuff to do.

I had justicar in TBC with roughly 25000hk, so if you really like pvp you can get it in notime, however if you are a achievement farming pve player (aka achiewhore) then you cba to do the grind?! Some people don't see that you don't need every achievement in the game if you cba to do the effort just skip it.
    And leave the people that want to do the grind...

What's next? nerf the cost of the insane title? Thanks I like a title that everyone has, now why should I even waste my gold?

WoW is seriously getting casual, everything takes 0 effort. Thankfully I kind of liked justicar anyway, and I got my achie ages ago so I can see who had it after the patch....

Quote Originally Posted by icephantom02
    OMG what are you talking about? That is one of the best sets I've seen for a pally in a looooong time. It's perfect for the pally. I also LOVE the priest set...omg that is great. T10 is looking to be great .... cept for the huntard tier lol.

But yes at Priest...i'm so digging the helm. Paladin...the shoulders are the shiz.

Come on Shaman already tho.
    "cept for the huntard tier"? You have seen Mage, Druid and Rogue T10, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Daxter
    The paladin Tier 10 is very very very well-done.

Those of you claiming it to be 'bad' or 'horrible' are not really looking at the armor....it represents SO much, the shattered skulls, the righteous flames pouring from its seams.

INTENSE epicness going on there....compare it to the other paladin sets. Since when has this amount of detail gone into armor?
    Since when? Since Tier 1, 2, 3/7, 5, 6 and 9 at least.

10+ Year Old Account

assuming lavaman is bolvar, and there seems to be no doubt thats who it is, i love the reincarnation of him.

Bolvar was epic in life, now hes epic in death.
    'Let no man deceive himself. If any one among you seem to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.'
    Translation: you are a fool.

10+ Year Old Account

here i was thinking that those 2 boss models from before were going to be rotface and festergut but here goes blizzard being lazy and using the same skins for 2 different bosses.

woot woot
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Quote Originally Posted by Draigor
    Boub you boobed
    The gold version has incomplete textures.
    Should have used the blue version of Paladin Tier10
    This wins.

I still think the lavaguy is

Sargeras

the big pwning leader of the Burning Legion

Quote Originally Posted by Bowen
    ermm wtf do I see 2 frost emblems for a daily heroic ?
    Erm do I see 2 triumph emblems for a daily heroic?

Quote Originally Posted by Chopstix
    Is that Ja Ja Binx (sp) on top of the paladin's head?
    No, he's on top of the druid's T10 chest.

I am an Aff lock and I approve of moar buffs. MOAR!

Quote Originally Posted by shivalra
    Maybe you don't see the bigger picture here, having everything easy is not the way an mmo should go. Other MMO's already require waaaay more farming or more time then wow does, yet you want even this easymode. Some titles are only for those that actually have a passion to do the bg's or pvp in general. If pve people can't get it the "hard" way then go emo. I already am playing barerly because there isn't much longterm stuff to do.

I had justicar in TBC with roughly 25000hk, so if you really like pvp you can get it in notime, however if you are a achievement farming pve player (aka achiewhore) then you cba to do the grind?! Some people don't see that you don't need every achievement in the game if you cba to do the effort just skip it.
    And leave the people that want to do the grind...

What's next? nerf the cost of the insane title? Thanks I like a title that everyone has, now why should I even waste my gold?

WoW is seriously getting casual, everything takes 0 effort. Thankfully I kind of liked justicar anyway, and I got my achie ages ago so I can see who had it after the patch....
    Fucking true. I'll say it again, GG Blizzard for making one of the best titles in this game avaliable to every nab casual that doesn't want to take some effort to actually achieve something in this game. At least it will be able to see who got it pre 3.3 and post 3.3, and everyone that will get it after the patch won't even get a tiny bit of my consideration, I'll just /spit on them.
    Banned.

Deleted

Just finished testing rotface on 10 man, what a brilliant fight. Got it to 27% before they dumped everyone off the test realm but it's well designed and challenging. If the rest of ICC is like that, we may see a new golden age in raids.

Of course, it might get nerfed to the ground before it's released, but i hope not.

Deleted

so this lava guy ...isn't it that human paladin guy whose name I forgot because I'm not into lore that much, who actually died at wrathgate and whose body got burnt beyond recognition by the dragonqueen?

AMIRITE?!

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille

New Models
    An interesting model has been added ... I will try to not spoil, it's not hard to figure out who that guy is. (Just read the comments if you really want to know)

I thought Deathwing or Bolvar at first, but I looked closer at the details, and you can tell it IS Bolvar. The bits of armor on "lava man" are a bit blue. Yes, darkened by the flames, it IS still a blue material. And what faction uses blue armor again?

Also, look at the boots. Kind of gold-like and bulky. Alliance boots that Bolvar was wearing in Northrend.

Quote Originally Posted by Xzuverious
    i think lavaman is highlord bolvar fordragon, in ulduar he was an "immolated champion" correct me if im wrong
    I dont think it's Bolvar, but more like a Deathwing human form, Lich King is more like mr. Frosty anyways so why and how should he get himself a lavaman? And with molten body and armor it referres better to Deathwing, his probably not part of ICC, but some pre event for Cataclysm just to say hello I finally woke up, who ordered some round house kicks?

But there will probably be space for a Bolvar fight in the Deathbringer encounter no doubt, lavaman doesnt really seem like a deathknight themed skin anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Shidow
    I dont think it's Bolvar

I did a little digging on 'ol Bolvar.

If you look at the WoWWiki page for him it has this text from the Wrathgate aftermath:
    Korialstrasz says: My Queen, do they know?
    Alexstrasza the Life-Binder says: No, my beloved.
    Alexstrasza the Life-Binder says: [Draconic] Ashj zila gul kirasath lok ante il lok buras danashj Gul gul
    Korialstrasz nods.
    Korialstrasz says: They will not.
    Alexstrasza whispers: Come to me, <name>
    The Draconic part translates to:
    They must not discover the fate of the young paladin. Not yet.
    Now, in a vision from Yogg there is an "Immolated Champion" that may hint towards the fate of Bolvar, which the model for can be seen here:http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=33442#modelviewer:1:28636:1

If you compare that model, the one of Lavaman and the one of the old Bolvar model above this post, you can see the pants and belt/cloth on their waists are very similar.
    Also, Bolvar IS still alive, but has been captured by the Lich King, who is trying to break him to be under his control.

IMO, Lavaman IS Bolvar, charred from Alexstrasza's burning of the area outside of Angrathar the Wrathgate.