Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...

Re: Paladin new baseline abilities in Cataclysm

I see a lot of people wishing for a gap closer and as a raiding prot pally, I am also hoping we see one come Cataclysm. Here is my proposed name (sorry if anyone else has suggested it, just didn't feel like sifting through the 12 pages to see if someone had).

Leap of Faith
    30 second cooldown
    X% of base mana
    Range = x yards

The paladin heroicly lunges at his target doing *insert some special, cool ability here*.

There ya go, something like charge but useable in combat. Could do something like "lunges and deals holy damage to the target based on weapon damage" or something like that. We also need some form of reliable interrupt. Waiting for AS or HJ just isn't cutting it on some fights (I would actually like to help interrupt Anub's adds, lol).

15+ Year Old Account
    my submarine. it's long, hard and full of seamen.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorious
    Because bubble and lay or hands aren't enough...... >_<
    come on, does people still argue about bubble and LoH? if we're talking about class balancing, they are lookin' at arena, you can't even use LoH in there, and DS can actually be dispelled now. It might be ~overpowered for healers, but it's just a defense mechanism for dpsers.

15+ Year Old Account

Bias Retribution
    2/3 Minute CD

Causes all threat to be transfered to you from any Enemy that recieves dmg from your Retribution Aura off of a Friendly target, lasts 15secs.

Couldn't realy think of a fitting name for it at the time, but meh.
    Basically, when you activate it, any enemy that takes dmg from your Retri aura that isnt from hitting you, will instantly attack you instead, and threat will be transfered over as well.

Pretty much a Prot kinda thing only, but it certainly has its uses.
    Nothing ventured, nothing gained

Quote Originally Posted by Jakerel
    Bias Retribution
    2/3 Minute CD

Causes all threat to be transfered to you from any Enemy that recieves dmg from your Retribution Aura off of a Friendly target, lasts 15secs.

Couldn't realy think of a fitting name for it at the time, but meh.
    Basically, when you activate it, any enemy that takes dmg from your Retri aura that isnt from hitting you, will instantly attack you instead, and threat will be transfered over as well.

Prots are almost never in Ret aura.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Quote Originally Posted by Jakerel
    Provoking more crying than now? Prot Paladins are in a good state right now.

If you wanted to improve prot paladins at any costs, try these:
    - Interrupt
    - Anti-spell Ability
    - Make Consecration tick every second and stop that stupid resist miss behaviour

There simply no need for another awesome /get+holding threat/ ability.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Astray
    Provoking more crying than now? Prot Paladins are in a good state right now.

If you wanted to improve prot paladins at any costs, try these:
    - Interrupt
    - Anti-spell Ability
    - Make Consecration tick every second and stop that stupid resist miss behaviour

There simply no need for another awesome /get+holding threat/ ability.
    Geez, it was just an idea. No need to remove my head with in the process. And I know Prot Paladins are in a good state now, but since when have we known Blizz to keep things simply as they are?

And we will never get an interupt as Paladins. To much QQ'ing from other classes - "WHAT!? They can go immune AND interupt me!? But I blah, blah, blah."

And even if it's a Prot talent, people will find a way to get it somehow. So it's just not going to happen.
    Nothing ventured, nothing gained

I did not remove your head. I just posted my thoughts. Feel free to post yours, but dont complain just because someone has a different opinion.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Quote Originally Posted by Prayzer
    Agree, give paladins upgrades, but considering PvP wise atm, remove bubble/LoH which are insanely OP tbh if used with some suggested 'Heyletsoneshotpinpvpandfacerollmoar'-abilities
    looks like you got 1 of your wishes. LoH is gone now....