Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blood DK 51/0/20

Ok I have only recently gotten back into WoW (Hit 80 sept 26th) and I'm trying to figure out some things I can improve. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...en&n=Reignfire

My biggest question is this: When using the rotation DS>IT>PS>HS>HS>Dump>HS>HS>HS>DS>Dump rinse and repeat (minus the IT and PS, I just use pest to renew diseases giving me another HS instead) My problem is the initial 10 second cool down on runes. During that first dump there seems to be an awful lot of down time. With no runic power to start I can usually fire 1 DC and even kill some time and raise ghoul but there still seems to be a gap there. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated. Also any constructive critism on gear/gems and such is also greatly accepted. Keep in mind the forcast for professions is BS to 400 for extra sockets and drop Mining for JC for prof only gems.

Thanks
    -Reignfire

Re: Blood DK 51/0/20

Quote Originally Posted by Reignfire
    Ok I have only recently gotten back into WoW (Hit 80 sept 26th) and I'm trying to figure out some things I can improve. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...en&n=Reignfire

My biggest question is this: When using the rotation DS>IT>PS>HS>HS>Dump>HS>HS>HS>DS>Dump rinse and repeat (minus the IT and PS, I just use pest to renew diseases giving me another HS instead) My problem is the initial 10 second cool down on runes. During that first dump there seems to be an awful lot of down time. With no runic power to start I can usually fire 1 DC and even kill some time and raise ghoul but there still seems to be a gap there. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated. Also any constructive critism on gear/gems and such is also greatly accepted. Keep in mind the forcast for professions is BS to 400 for extra sockets and drop Mining for JC for prof only gems.

Thanks
    -Reignfire
    during the first dump have you thought of using your empower rune weapon to refresh all your runes instantly?

it's bound to increase your dps if used effectively and it'll bring you onto a rotation with less downtime in the first 20s or so of the fight because you'll actually have RP to dump during the dump phase after you use ERW...

just a thought

The Moonkin Repository
    Moonkin forums for beginners and experienced players alike
    Moonkin TTT Thread with Wrathcalcs
    Check it out, good stuff in there

Yep I've actually either used ERW, or even blood tapped to open a rune to allow some space in cooldown time. I was just wondering if there was something I was doing wrong in the intial rotation. One other question - How does a blood DK handle trash in instances in general. I usually DnD for packs and then just go into some half-makeup rotation. Is there something you can do to maximize damage on packs without burning cooldowns, IE ERW or blood tapping?nIf I try to DnD and go into a IT/PS Pest rotation most of the pack is dead before I can effectively do any serious damage. Thanks again.

Lets see, Blood DKs for Trash = IT + PS + Pest + DnD = Win.

Seriously :/

in your 1st dump phase, after the first dc if you horn of winter you should be able to do a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Box of Rox
    Lets see, Blood DKs for Trash = IT + PS + Pest + DnD = Win.

Seriously :/
    Always start with Death and Decay when you are AoE pulling, followed by IT > PS > Pest. Death and Decay will generate a lot more initial threat and allow for building aggro on all targets. Toss in a few Blood Boils on your second rotation if there are still enough mobs to justify it. Normally I find that by the time I am on my second rotation there are only 2-3 mobs and thus I just use Heart Strike.

WorldofDeathKnightCraft.com
    world of warcraft coverage for death knights and more...

Ok that makes sense i will play with it and see what works out the best. Any changes in gear or strive for anything in particular?

My Current goals-

1) 4p T9
    2) Weapon upg - Aesirs Edge, Justicebringer, SOBE
    3) Greatness Card or Deaths Verdict

Generally in that order.

Also how does the gemming look?

Quote Originally Posted by eint
    Always start with Death and Decay when you are AoE pulling, followed by IT > PS > Pest. Death and Decay will generate a lot more initial threat and allow for building aggro on all targets. Toss in a few Blood Boils on your second rotation if there are still enough mobs to justify it. Normally I find that by the time I am on my second rotation there are only 2-3 mobs and thus I just use Heart Strike.
    Im pretty sure the Guy's not a tank :S

If you are a DPS you are always using IT > PS > Pest first. Not only because of threat but most of the time DnD will run out before your diseases, even when you cast DnD last.

meh id defo get rid of glyph of Disease, its just a shit glyph, if your struggeling with rp, mabey replace that glyph with glyph of icy touch. Also if you have time to spare you can always use your horn of winter, which will give u more rp. But i have to say i get that prob sometimes with my unholy rotation, but once you get going you wont ever run out .You will also get abit more dps if you do plague strike and icy touch at the start of every rotation

1 ) get more Arp if you wanna play blood (if your very high on AP you can compensate but you don't even have a very good wep)

2 ) get yourself a greatness card asap, even if you get death verdict booth of them in combo is better for blood then a ArP trinket in 2nd slot, belive it or not.

3 ) glyph of disease is a wasted glyph that starves your RP and gives you less rune up-time, it's nothing but a DPS loss, get glyph of icy touch and do more damage.

4 ) change your minor glyph of horn of winter. you will want to use this quite often (much more than every 2nd minute) and the glyph is therefor useless. get a minir glyph of bloodtap instead, and also make yourself a cancel aura macro for it, so you can cancel blood tap instantly after use to avoid rotation fuck ups.

5) you want to reach the expertise cap, but DON'T gem for it, I repeat DON'T gem for it unless your frost DW, gem str, str, str, str and more str. if someone tells you to gem arp aswell, gem more str and some more str on top of that in protest of their lack of knowledge.

6) get haste on your cloak, it gives you more autohits during a fight, it makes your DRW better, and also opt. for moer BCB and Necroisis.

7 ) start your rotation with icy touch as you run in, then plague strike THEN DS, hs, hs. You are even glyphed for making more dmg with DS the more RP you have , why on earth would you not want to gain some RP before you use it then ?

8 ) For trash AoE do IT,PS, pest. , then DnD , after than just cake around and do what feels best depending on the amount of mobs left.

I hope this will help some, and if you still got problems PM me a logg of some diffrent styles of boss-fights and I'll help out.
    As a response to the crowds whining about PvE beeing too hard throughout vanilla and TBC Blizzard recently hired on Bob the Builder.
    In a recent press confrence on the subject he was quoted as saying "Can we fix it? Yes we can!".

Quote Originally Posted by Cyone
    3 ) glyph of disease is a wasted glyph that starves your RP and gives you less rune up-time, it's nothing but a DPS loss, get glyph of icy touch and do more damage.

wow..... just wow.......

GoD is a dps increase on tank and spankish fights but even if your not going to use that the blood glyphs are DRW death strike and Dark death NEVER ICY TOUCH it sucks death coil is not your top dps spell that would be heart strike or death strike,

Quote Originally Posted by eint
    You do know this is a DPS thread right...?

Ok behind the disease glyph it seemed more viable that using one blood rune to renew diseases freeing a rune for HS would be a dps increase over another IT/PS rotation. At this point most runes are regularly getting detonated as to death runes through DS meaning I should maintain the 8.5 second cooldown instead of falling back to the 10 second cooldown on runes. Was just a thought. Now dark death is what i used to have. So how does the damage of dark death compare to disease. And does IT have an impact over both of them. Is the runic power lost in IT/PS overall greater then the extra HS you get. This may all be small potatoes but I would like to optimize as best as I possibly can. H VH I did 291,000 (6.1k DPS) on Cyangosia with minimal buffs. This was after i regemmed all 20 STR. Small concern here is expertise is 16 and hit is 251.

AHAHHAAH

....sorry fell off my chair

pretty much everything im gonna post here is stolen from elitist jerks. its always a good idea to go and take a look at their blood simple / BiS threads. Im too lazy to use the quote thingy on the infos i got from their forum so i just thought id point that out.
    *[Glyph of Disease] has been fixed in 3.2, and now properly refreshes all your diseases. The increase in damage done by diseases in 3.2 makes keeping them up more of a priority, and this should put [Glyph of Disease] ahead of [Glyph of Dark Death] in your prioritization. In 3.2.2 [Sigil of Virulence] overtakes SotVH and this will also lessen the importance of [Glyph of Dark Death]

Also there now is something called "rolling diseases". it means you apply your diseases when you have some kewl procs/trinkets going and keep refreshing them. theyll keep the bonuses you applied ealrier.
    4 ) change your minor glyph of horn of winter. you will want to use this quite often (much more than every 2nd minute) and the glyph is therefor useless. get a minir glyph of bloodtap instead, and also make yourself a cancel aura macro for it, so you can cancel blood tap instantly after use to avoid rotation fuck ups.
    not that important. id throw out the glyph of pestilence instead. glyph of HoW has the advantage of keeping HoW up longer should you die.
    7 ) start your rotation with icy touch as you run in, then plague strike THEN DS, hs, hs. You are even glyphed for making more dmg with DS the more RP you have , why on earth would you not want to gain some RP before you use it then ?
    Some Dks prefer to get the support rdy asap. in 25 it actually is a better choice but keep in mind that the ap buff is provided by many other classes. use ds according to the raid setup.
    8 ) For trash AoE do IT,PS, pest. , then DnD , after than just cake around and do what feels best depending on the amount of mobs left.
    Throw in some Blood boils as well. blood provides the weakest ae dps (which is why unholy and frost are superior for anubarak)

elitist blood thread:
    http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t61176-b..._dk_dps_guide/

elitist bis thread:
    http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t55505-o...ng_bis_thread/

Glyph for Improved Death Strike.

IT>PS>HS>HS>DS>dump>HS>HS>HS>HS>DS

My DPS jumped up by about 400 glyphed.

this guy eats bad for breakfast

Quote Originally Posted by nethariel.
    AHAHHAAH

....sorry fell off my chair
    I find it funny that people still taunt eachother on their opinions on this glyph. There is a 50/50 split in the DK community on whether this glyph is a dps increase or loss, so please find a new shtick.

To the OP: unfortunately you got the t9 chest, if you are planning to stay blood you really want the craftable chest, its pretty much BiS for blood before 258 t9 chest. You are also a little high on hit if you are consistantly grouped with a draeni. I'd also recommend getting the t9 helm and ditching the expertise trinket, its not the greatest of trinkets. You want to shoot for about 23-26 expertise. If you are going to continue to roll your diseases with GoD then make sure you proc that trinkets usage early so your diseases get full benefit.

I find it funny that people still taunt eachother on their opinions on this glyph. There is a 50/50 split in the DK community on whether this glyph is a dps increase or loss, so please find a new shtick.
    yeah, keeping your diseases rolling with just one blood rune on multiple targets instead of refreshing them manually with ps (that does no dmg) and it (that also does no dmg) will clearly result in a massive dps loss. :
    despite the fact that you'll hit the pestilence button anyway in bossfights with more than two targets so the glyph is just perfect to make sure all targets have diseases rolling

rolling rolling rolling askfkfk

Quote Originally Posted by nethariel.
    yeah, keeping your diseases rolling with just one blood rune on multiple targets instead of refreshing them manually with ps (that does no dmg) and it (that also does no dmg) will clearly result in a massive dps loss. :
    despite the fact that you'll hit the pestilence button anyway in bossfights with more than two targets so the glyph is just perfect to make sure all targets have diseases rolling

rolling rolling rolling askfkfk
    /facepalm