boomkin haste cap?

is there haste cap for boomkins? right now my haste is 465 and i am not sure if i should add more haste or if thats perfect?

Re: boomkin haste cap?

Quote Originally Posted by Momof267
    is there haste cap for boomkins? right now my haste is 465 and i am not sure if i should add more haste or if thats perfect?
    Stop at 401 if you raid with all the relevant haste talents and a Wrath of Air Totem.

585 is the cap if you're missing the WoA Totem.

There is a soft cap (401, as posted by fonzey) when your wrath crits start clipping, and entering the bad GCD.
    Note that still haste it's the stat that benefits the most starfire, so a little bit more (consider server lag etc) might be added. But i think it's safe to assume that not much more than 401.
    Crit is the new spell power after...3100 i think it was (actually seen the maths somewhere, i guess it was in graylo's blog).

Dot like there's no tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by noobadrood
    There is a soft cap (401, as posted by fonzey) when your wrath crits start clipping, and entering the bad GCD.
    Note that still haste it's the stat that benefits the most starfire, so a little bit more (consider server lag etc) might be added. But i think it's safe to assume that not much more than 401.
    Crit is the new spell power after...3100 i think it was (actually seen the maths somewhere, i guess it was in graylo's blog).
    my SP is 2216 right now...is that TOO much SP? and crit chance is 22.92%---this bad? lol i am normall just a healer but i am taking a shot at DPS

Quote Originally Posted by Momof267
    ...is that TOO much SP?
    No such thing!

As a general rule...

Hit until Cap > Spell power = Haste until Cap > Crit

Quote Originally Posted by Fonzey
    Stop at 401 if you raid with all the relevant haste talents and a Wrath of Air Totem.

585 is the cap if you're missing the WoA Totem.
    Just a little note to that. If you have 401 haste and get access to a huge upgrade that gives you more haste, then of course you're gonna take it. Haste isn't bad after the softcap, it's just that crit is better point for point.

Deleted

You can never have too much spellpower. Frankly, its impossible to "stack crit over SP", because SP is pretty damn basic across all items depending on item level. Gems will be the deciding factor, ofcourse, but then we are back to the previous argument. SP is to us like heroine is to a junkie. We want more.

You obviously didn't bother checking the rest of the forum for the gazillion of similar posts, or the stickie in the top, or a Google search or.. you get the picture. So with that in mind, im going to keep it really simple:

Get your hit to 263 or above (if horde)
    Get your haste to 401
    Get your crit as high as possible afterwards, but only once you get 401 haste.
    Gem for SP, unless the socket bonus is massively good (yellow socket giving you a +7 SP bonus is fine to use the 10 crit/12 SP gem).