15+ Year Old Account
    The place with the best beers in the world!

Logs look weird to me...

Hi guys,

I was browsing the combatlogs of Might's US first achievement and I can't explain the way their priests are healing.

Can you please take a look and post what you think about it?

I personally use flash and penance to trigger Grace. I don't see them do it? Has this something to do with them (both priests) having Val'anyr?

I really would like to know. I am normally a holy priest so... don't hit me too hard

grtz
    //edit - Forgot to add the link for convenience 8)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/573/

Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

Re: Logs look weird to me...

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/f...?s=4279&e=4756

Don't look unusual to me, considering how Anub'arak hardmode usually works out.

15+ Year Old Account

Thank you for your reply.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/f...?s=4279&e=4756
    => This looks normal indeed. I was more referring to the following:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/f...6/?s=490&e=890

any comments on that one? I so so few flashes or penance for reasons that I mentioned in my previous post.
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

15+ Year Old Account

But what are they casting if all is on CD? Don't they need to keep up grace?

There are plenty of times when shield spamming takes precedence over making sure Grace is up on a target. Actually, as disc I never prioritize Grace anyway. Sure, it's a talent you take, but it's more of an added bonus to whoever was just healed in the event you heal him again right away afterwards, since of course it can only be on one target at a time anyway. The only proc that I would ever pay attention to is incredibly situational; that is, making sure Inspiration or Ancestral Fortitude is on whichever tank Algalon is pounding the crap out of (but that's pretty easy to do and not even as necessary as it was pre-TOC).

It's going to depend on how your healing officer wants you to heal or, given the freedom, how you choose to heal most effectively in a given situation. But generally speaking the power of a disc priest does not come from the extra 9% healing received--it's all in the shields. So none of this looks unusual to me tbh.

EDIT: Keep in mind that Grace only increases YOUR healing to the target. It's not a crucial raid buff imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Casa
    Why? they seem perfectly fine to me..

[large image]

OMG now I see what you mean! RETRO LOGS!!!!!!
    [large psychedlic image]

Faaarr ouuttt duuuuddeee
    I thought the exact same thing the moment I read the topic.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

ok guys, don't tell me US is cheating again ....

10+ Year Old Account

RETROLOGZ, RUN!

/facepalm @ OP

If your playing a priest try playing the encounter.

If you don't understand something it's because you don't have the knowledge.
    Born under the Discipline tree.

Deleted

^And thats why he is here to ask....thats why there is a forum in the first place

He didn't scream for fake, scam or whatever, just a simple question.

People change specs and glyphs, even playstyles for various encounters when necessary, surprise!

If you wanted to scrutinise some healing data for comparing to yourself it probably wasn't a great idea picking the data from a raid team who just got the world #2 spot for completing an encounter which totally alters the playstyle of all the healers.

Not only did they have anub'arak to deal with they also had to make sure nobody died at all on any encounters.
    Born under the Discipline tree.

It's because of the way that specific fight goes. HoT's and Bubbles are better than heals in some parts.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

15+ Year Old Account

Honestly if i was to try keeping grace up, my PC targets would be dying. Alot.

Alot.

Its just about priorities in this case.

Phase 1 - Healing tanks.
    Phase 2 - Doing mighty healer dps!
    Phase 3 - Bubble your PC target, bubble your secondary PC target, crossheal PC.
    Your question can be answered in that the aim is to *not* heal the boss.
    Its fight mechanics.