Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Cataclysm Shadow Priest's Nuke

Okay useless Topic but I was wondering what kind of nuke would it be...

An ice lance like maybe but will it just be a spammable spell with low damage or will it have a special effect or similar like increasing crit of each or each next spell....

/discuss
    It's not because we like a steack that we want to know who's the cow.

Re: Cataclysm Shadow Priest's Nuke

Yay, outrageously open ended speculation, my favorite. I don't imagine that the spammable nuke would do too much damage because then shadow priests would just ignore the signature mind flay. That being said, it could be used to proc something like say...x% haste for the next spell cast within x sec, but what is the point of calling it a "nuke" if it wouldn't do a good amount of damage. Something similar to a lock's soul fire (specifically demo tree) could be interesting. A spell that has a cast time long enough so that you couldn't ignore mind flay, but when a certain criteria is met (talent proc, boss below x% health) the cast time is reduced to promote that spell over mind flay. Well, that is my speculation for the day.

I doubt they will add a nuke, but i do think they will change MB/MF to something similar to a incinerate/conflag system or FB/Pyro activation.

Hoping atleast, i dont want to lose MF or MB, i like the spells we have, they just need to be improved NOT THROUGH TALENTS.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

Frost or Arcane alternative spells (if only one or two) would be pretty cool

I hope they make mind flay a pvp spell and add a spammable nuke as our new PvE spell.

Mind flay still suffers less damage coefficient because of the snare on it. I'd like a completely snare-free move for PvE, and leave mind flay for PvP.

So something like shadowbolt but for shadowpriests, please. Add mind blast into the rotation somehow by making it boost this spammable nuke.

Quote Originally Posted by KresnikHellfire
    I hope they make mind flay a pvp spell and add a spammable nuke as our new PvE spell.

Mind flay still suffers less damage coefficient because of the snare on it. I'd like a completely snare-free move for PvE, and leave mind flay for PvP.

So something like shadowbolt but for shadowpriests, please. Add mind blast into the rotation somehow by making it boost this spammable nuke.
    that answer makes the most sense

Quote Originally Posted by iteo
    They will make a SP nuke that is spammable. I hope it will be frost based because sp's biggest problem is if he is silenced he is standing like a pile of *** and cant do anything. Evey other caster dps has an alternative dps school that can be used while silenced. SP have to switch forms in order to use holy spells but switch takes much time / mana / gcd / +1 more button to smash .

All casters can't do anything when silenced, so how would adding a another spell from another magic school help?
    If you meaning locked out, then it is balanced since a lot of our damage comes from dots, which keeps ticking when silenced. Arcane mage using fireball/frostfire bolt/frost bolt when locked out of arcane will suffer a dps loss, the point of being locked out.

We will get a spamable nuke, which probably won't refresh SW:P so we'll still have to use MF.

We are talking shadow priests + blizzard here so the spell will be something along the lines of:

30 second cooldown
    10 yd range
    3 second cast time
    Castable only in shadowform.
    Deals X-Y damage to the target increasing their shadow damage taken by 33% for 10 seconds. Shifts the caster out of shadowform; he is unable to reenter for 10 seconds.

Else it will simply be a copy of a mage spell with longer cooldown, less range and less damage.

And no I am not a bitter shadow priest I play a mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Strykzor
    NOT THROUGH TALENTS.
    Don't be silly, of course it needs to be buffed through talents and not baseline.

Let's buff a druids baseline tanking ability init.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&n=enbee
    -> I might be logged out in protpvpgear

@ OP I noticed to post alot of topics about horrble ideas, are you a blizzard spriest developer?

There was a suggestion in one Forum (but I can't remember which one) and I think it would be a perfect solution:

It wouldn't even be neccesary to add another spell, just remove the cooldown of Mindblast an give it a stackable debuff/buff. Maybe greater manacosts or more damage form Mindflay and maybe less healing gained for PVP balance (if needed). Every tick of Mindflay then removes one of these stacks. The "Rotation" should by like MB>MB>MB>MF in a normal fight, but on short fights you would have the option to deal with the debuff/ignor the buff and simply nuke.

MF would still be part of the Rotation and reaply SW:P, it can be balanced through the debuff and it would give us a way to Nuke if we want to.

Quote Originally Posted by iteo
    They will make a SP nuke that is spammable. I hope it will be frost based because sp's biggest problem is if he is silenced he is standing like a pile of *** and cant do anything. Evey other caster dps has an alternative dps school that can be used while silenced. SP have to switch forms in order to use holy spells but switch takes much time / mana / gcd / +1 more button to smash .
    I had to quote this due to sheer stupidity that's even funny for me, who have seen many many many stupid, retarded and variously mentally challenged people trough this game and you're there, sharing the top with some of them.
    A shadow priest using frost spells. Please, let's have rogues who deal holy damage when they're disarmed.
    God you're dumb.
    And I'll even spend time explaining why I think like I do, just so this isn't yet another bash on yet another clueless guy.

1) When locked out, you have access to holy spells, which are powerful (zomg, they heal, badass).
    2) You can use Dispersion while silenced, stunned or locked out.
    3) Priests have 2 (words: TWO) schools of magic and are the only class with 2 (words: TWO) healing trees.
    4) Priests are hybrids, we don't have access to more than two spell schools. Rarely a class has access to more than two spell schools.
    5) Even if the idea seems good to you, it doesn't mean it fits the character that is shadow priest, lore-wise and game mechanic wise. A shadow priest - dark side of the priest, hence shadow and light as opposites. Where can you fit frost in there? What's the "reason" that would justify that one that heals can suddenly fart a fucking frostbolt-like spell?

What saddens me is that majority of wow population are exactly like you, clueless. You should roll a death knight and pvp with it, way easier and any button you press is full of win. Enjoy your gaming experience, I hope you don't stick around much.

Well they could make an ability like chill soul or something which deals frost damage. And frost and shadow do kinda belong together. Why do druids do arcane damage? It's game mechanic to give them another spell school to deal damage. They could to that for shadow priests too but it's not necessary

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Azeroth
    Don't be so mean, he's not completely crazy. Remeber http://www.wowhead.com/?item=14136? It used to have + shadow damage AND + frost damage.

A frost spell would be sweet, make spriests more "lich" like, since currently we're watered down Dreadlords(Laking the awesome Carrion Swarm and Sleep spells and Warlocks got the Infernal)
    Yea, it had shadow and frost damage to be useful to all classes.

Lets list all classes that use shadow and frost damage: Death knights
    Lets list classes that use one of the 2: warlock, priest, mage, and to a lesser extent shaman.

Hmm, what do all classes that use shadow and frost damage have in common? Oh yea, that they didn't exist when that robe had shadow and frost damage.

Grats @ logic.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Fmr
    Well they could make an ability like chill soul or something which deals frost damage. And frost and shadow do kinda belong together. Why do druids do arcane damage? It's game mechanic to give them another spell school to deal damage. They could to that for shadow priests too but it's not necessary
    Druids do arcane damage because they draw from two seperate sources of magic, namely nature and the Light of Elune. Note the names of said arcane spells are all references to celestial power, because that's what it is, power drawn from the cosmos, which is actually the Twisting Nether, which is the same fucking place mages get it from, without the faggotry of religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Azeroth
    Don't be so mean, he's not completely crazy. Remeber http://www.wowhead.com/?item=14136? It used to have + shadow damage AND + frost damage.

A frost spell would be sweet, make spriests more "lich" like, since currently we're watered down Dreadlords(Laking the awesome Carrion Swarm and Sleep spells and Warlocks got the Infernal)
    Who told you Shadowpriests were supposed to be liches, or even Dreadlords? Dreadlords are vampiric casters from some planet or another, and Liches are powerful undead sorcerers. Neither of those fit in with the priest persona whatsoever.

Also <3 Syanid. You tell 'em.

arcane magic has NOTHING to do with elune. NOTHING. and trust me I know that I'm talking about

I'd say, give us a new nuke for PVE, and make Mind Flay into a PVP spell. Make it so mind flay gives a stacking debuff that will slow the target's movement speed even after you are done mind flaying.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

would be nice to have a spell that spriests cause use to avoid spell lockouts. I mean if ur that good that u can predict it then blizz shud have a system where u can use it to ur advantage.

Hmmmmmm.... What did I miss? A new spell for us?
    Anyone that could link to the page where this info can be found? Tyvm

Anyways i wouldnt mind something more to our spell-book and more pew pew is
    always fun. Shadow sapell is good enough for me, if blizz conciders a frost spell
    it better come with a good explenation cuz i wouldnt like if they just add something
    that doesnt realy fit. I like the idea of us being dark and evil and healers holy, dont
    mess that up.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&cn=Livin&gn=Punished
    Livin - Out...

Frostdamage for priests in a game, where the Alliance has shamans that crashed with their spaceship, where Tauren can be Paladins and Priests and NE are Mages would be strickly against the lore. There is no logic behind the lore excaped making costumers happy.