Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Shadow Priest's Nuke

I really hope they give shadow priest a nuke and make them OP for a while they
    deserve it after being underpowered in tbc and now in wotlk.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Perhaps something really devious.

Something like a reversed http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=32742

So it will first heal the target for something like 50% of the damage dealt.

And then deal it's damage in 3 short heavy ticks.

Deceit 30 yd range
    8% base mana
    Instant 12 sec cooldown

Instantly heal an enemy target for 1500, but then twists the target's fate and always deal three times the damage it healed the target over 3 seconds (Before healing reducing effects). Shadow Word: Death will always critical strike when striking a target afflicted by Deceit.

(Deceit means something like tricking someone, in this case healing them first and then dealing ALOT of damage!)

This is sort of bursty, and also has some nice synergy. And will heal the target less if a MS effect is active on the target (which is almost always the case in pve)

Also feels really shadow-priest-like to me.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

When your in shadowform Holy fire becomes Unholy Fire (castable in shadowform), it causes 50% less damage but makes people disoriented for 3 seconds, during this time dots doesnt break the disorient effect, but other damage dealing abilities does.

Edit: or just another effect followed by the damage, the basic idea that holy fire becomes Unholy fire in shadowform is where my fantasy ends atm.
    Watch my NEW SPRIEST/MAGE 2700 rated arena movie s8
    http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=164387
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Watch my first Priest/Mage 2500rated arena movie s7
    http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=137765
    - Lightdoom

Quote Originally Posted by Strykzor
    I doubt they will add a nuke, but i do think they will change MB/MF to something similar to a incinerate/conflag system or FB/Pyro activation.

Hoping atleast, i dont want to lose MF or MB, i like the spells we have, they just need to be improved NOT THROUGH TALENTS.
    While I don't play a priest, I honestly hope for you they don't give you something like Immolate / Incinerate / Conflagrate combo...3rd straight patch it got nerfed, and they still havent done a thing to melee burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator

Deceit 30 yd range
    8% base mana
    Instant 12 sec cooldown

Instantly heal an enemy target for 1500, but then twists the target's fate and always deal three times the damage it healed the target over 3 seconds (Before healing reducing effects). Shadow Word: Death will always critical strike when striking a target afflicted by Deceit.

(Deceit means something like tricking someone, in this case healing them first and then dealing ALOT of damage!)

This is sort of bursty, and also has some nice synergy. And will heal the target less if a MS effect is active on the target (which is almost always the case in pve)

Kudos for a cool and original idea. I like the add health, followed by a quick turn around to eat that health away. The crit on SW i could live without, but it would be nice. That would be a hell of a rotation tho lol. 3 dots + MF/MB + Deceit + SW when Deceit is applied. sounds fun.

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    I had to quote this due to sheer stupidity that's even funny for me, who have seen many many many stupid, retarded and variously mentally challenged people trough this game and you're there, sharing the top with some of them.
    A shadow priest using frost spells. Please, let's have rogues who deal holy damage when they're disarmed.
    God you're dumb.
    And I'll even spend time explaining why I think like I do, just so this isn't yet another bash on yet another clueless guy.

2) You can use Dispersion while silenced, stunned or locked out.
    4) Priests are hybrids, we don't have access to more than two spell schools. Rarely a class has access to more than two spell schools.
    5) Even if the idea seems good to you, it doesn't mean it fits the character that is shadow priest, lore-wise and game mechanic wise. A shadow priest - dark side of the priest, hence shadow and light as opposites. Where can you fit frost in there? What's the "reason" that would justify that one that heals can suddenly fart a fucking frostbolt-like spell?
    Just pointing out, the developers already mentioned that they were thinking of adding a Frost spell to the Shadow Priest talent tree, but they decided against it because they decided to fix it in Cataclysm.

So you think that you know better than the developers?
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Honestly I don't get why people complain about shadow being crappy dps. If you don't like it don't be shadow you have two other talent trees. Alot of classes have bad talent trees, and people just don't play them. Priests complaining about shadow is like a mage complaining that frost is bad dps, everyone knows this! Respec and shutup your buff will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Fact_of_Life
    Honestly I don't get why people complain about shadow being crappy dps. If you don't like it don't be shadow you have two other talent trees. Alot of classes have bad talent trees, and people just don't play them. Priests complaining about shadow is like a mage complaining that frost is bad dps, everyone knows this! Respec and shutup your buff will come.
    holy dps or disc dps isnt viable either

Quote Originally Posted by Fact_of_Life
    Priests complaining about shadow is like a mage complaining that frost is bad dps
    No, it isn't. If a Shadow Priest respecced he'd be fulfilling an entirely different role within a raid. If a Mage respecced he'd still be a DPS class. Please use your brain before making stupid comments and telling people to shut up.

New nuke... ummm

- Left Hand of God (final talent): Your inner darkness blast the target for 1456 to 1920 shadow damage and causes 15% extra damage per disease (45% total with all dots) consuming your diseases in the target. 2,5 sec cast, 36 sec cooldown.

Look my happiness hehhehe

New nuke... ummm

- Left Hand of God (final talent): Your inner darkness blast the target for 1456 to 1920 shadow damage and causes 15% extra damage per disease (45% total with all dots) consuming your diseases in the target. 2,5 sec cast, 36 sec cooldown.

Look my happiness hehhehe
    consuming all dots really defeats the purpose of it being spammable since you'd need to reapply dots again before using it to have it do any decent damage, also, you'd oom in probably 45 - 60 seconds doing that.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dethecus&n=Solandrys

Quote Originally Posted by Fmr
    arcane magic has NOTHING to do with elune. NOTHING. and trust me I know that I'm talking about
    Really now?

Starshards, former Night Elf priest racial spell. Arcane damage.

Starfall, now the final talent in the druid balance tree, was at first a spell for the Priestess of the Moon in WC3, is also Arcane based.

Moon and Stars spells by druids.. Arcane, before you say "druid have nothing to do with elune".. You're sadly mistaken, since according to a certain Tauren in-game, druidic magic draws from a certain eye of the Earthmother, that same eye is known to the night elves as "Elune". And even then, the fact that arcane balance druid spells deal with Moon and Stars connects them with Elune.

Now, arcane magic, as in the magic mages use, yes, that has nothing to do with Elune, however, this magic can take on the form of arcane, fire, shadow and frost. It is merely a name that deals with the source of the magic. A spell can deal Arcane damage, but not be an arcane magic spell.

Conclusion, priests had, and can still get an arcane damage dealing spell and it would make perfect sense, because Elune can grants her followers moon and stars spells, which deal arcane damage, but are still Divine Magics..

15+ Year Old Account

Shadow's nuke should be a spammable 36 font wall of text that is the Shadowform tooltip. Players are stunned and take 10% health in damage per second until they read the entire thing.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

For luthe...

If your dots are finishing (2 secs or less) "my" nuke

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Just pointing out, the developers already mentioned that they were thinking of adding a Frost spell to the Shadow Priest talent tree, but they decided against it because they decided to fix it in Cataclysm.

So you think that you know better than the developers?
    1) I'd like to see where they discussed it, please link me up.
    2) Developers, like majority of Blizzard staff work for money. If they gave arcane mages nature and holy spells it wouldn't surprise me, as long as they satisfy majority of their gaming population - they'll take any action. That argument is invalid, since they are the people who can change lore, rules, logic whenever they want to in order to fit it to their scheme for making money. If they didn't do it, they'd be retards.

But having a frost nuke in order to be able to do something while locked out is dumb beyond belief, it's a part of the pvp game where one disables another so they turn the tables and so on. Being able to stand still, shoot like a madman, get locked out but continue to dps is just moronic. There's control in the game, people don't just use it so you can continue doing your thing with another school.

Quote Originally Posted by Farboud
    For luthe...

If your dots are finishing (2 secs or less) "my" nuke
    defeats it not having a cd, 3 dots with independent durations (15 sec, 18 sec, 24 sec) all lining up at 3 seconds or less is like once a fight, it better do some retardedly good damage at that point. also consuming swp would just be a pain in the ass, it lasts forever with P&S and costs a buttload of mana.

It's not a horrible idea, though it sounds suspiciously like Obliterate. Just saying, it's counterproductive to the shadowpriest playstyle.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dethecus&n=Solandrys

Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator

Deceit 30 yd range
    8% base mana
    Instant 12 sec cooldown

LOVE this idea! Plus I can imagine the fun, 1500dmg at lvl 85 would hopefully scale to something more like 15k dmg raid buffed! So we're raiding, new encounter.. Boss is at 1%, 5 people left are slowly whittling away the health while the other 20 cheer away.. One tank, one healer left. 30k hp left.. Boss jumps to 45k hp.. Healer goes oom! Gets in one last heal, tank gets killed. Everyone popping everything they have left, Deceit ticks once.. Boss is at 30k hp.. Deceit Ticks Twice. Boss is at 15k hp. Everyone dies.. Just as the last Deceit is about to tick, boss despawns!

Hehe but really. I do like this idea!

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    I had to quote this due to sheer stupidity that's even funny for me, who have seen many many many stupid, retarded and variously mentally challenged people trough this game and you're there, sharing the top with some of them.
    A shadow priest using frost spells. Please, let's have rogues who deal holy damage when they're disarmed.
    God you're dumb.
    And I'll even spend time explaining why I think like I do, just so this isn't yet another bash on yet another clueless guy.

1) When locked out, you have access to holy spells, which are powerful (zomg, they heal, badass).
    2) You can use Dispersion while silenced, stunned or locked out.
    3) Priests have 2 (words: TWO) schools of magic and are the only class with 2 (words: TWO) healing trees.
    4) Priests are hybrids, we don't have access to more than two spell schools. Rarely a class has access to more than two spell schools.
    5) Even if the idea seems good to you, it doesn't mean it fits the character that is shadow priest, lore-wise and game mechanic wise. A shadow priest - dark side of the priest, hence shadow and light as opposites. Where can you fit frost in there? What's the "reason" that would justify that one that heals can suddenly fart a fucking frostbolt-like spell?

What saddens me is that majority of wow population are exactly like you, clueless. You should roll a death knight and pvp with it, way easier and any button you press is full of win. Enjoy your gaming experience, I hope you don't stick around much.
    So much crying.

Q: Since Shadow priests focus solely on dealing Shadow damage, do you feel that they can potentially be crippled more easily than other casters who can focus on dealing considerable damage through multiple schools of magic?

Ghostcrawler: It’s just a feature of the class. Paladins have a lot of the same issues. We have discussed giving Shadow priests a Frost spell to use solely in emergency situations like this, but its niche would be only for school lock-out periods. We don’t want Shadow priests to be doing multiple types of damage overall. Now making it easier for Shadow priests to drop Shadowform and switch to healing or even Holy damage is something that we’ve mentioned lately on the boards. We could reduce the mana cost or the like.
    Source: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...ev/priest.html

Quote Originally Posted by Strykzor
    I doubt they will add a nuke, but i do think they will change MB/MF to something similar to a incinerate/conflag system or FB/Pyro activation.

Hoping atleast, i dont want to lose MF or MB, i like the spells we have, they just need to be improved NOT THROUGH TALENTS.
    I think they won't add a new direct damaging spell either..
    If something they might give us a finisher to burn our dots from the target for some spike-damage, atleast I'd like that.

But you had to quote me to try to put me down with, oh so original phrase at mmo forums. Congratz, you increased tard counter by 1.

And oh, look, even the devs said they won't do it since, INCREDIBLE - it makes no fucking sense. So surprising.