Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Gap closer for ret (late night idea)

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    You are simply beating the arena point system to death with your persistence and that isn't any fun to me. That's not being successful, just persistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopzz
    We need an interrupt on a moderate cooldown far more than a gap closer.
    Have fun with an interrupt while your being kited.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by volcanis
    Have fun with an interrupt while your being kited.
    PvE says "hi" again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    I agree with Prentice on this one; Clearly you don't understand saving HoJ/Repent for when it is needed.
    O we understand, we understand to save them for when a healer is about to cast a heal, or a druid is about to cyclone, or a lock is about to fear, or any of the other multitude of reasons we're told that those abilities ARE our means of gap closing/interrupting/silencing/locking/CCing what have you

Quote Originally Posted by jenseits
    O we understand, we understand to save them for when a healer is about to cast a heal, or a druid is about to cyclone, or a lock is about to fear, or any of the other multitude of reasons we're told that those abilities ARE our means of gap closing/interrupting/silencing/locking/CCing what have you
    If I understand him, (s)he has a point.

Preventing you from being slowed and such is, in a sense, gap closing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Quote Originally Posted by Copain
    If I understand him, (s)he has a point.

Preventing you from being slowed and such is, in a sense, gap closing.
    course it is, but notice how we have to chain abilities to ensure we are actually closing the gap? Have you ever said to yourself "O man i wish that ret didn run that 15% faster" as if it would make all the difference? We can't close the gap any faster than that, and that's the problem. It doesnt matter that we can be assured to close at that rate, because the assurance lasts all of 14 secs, and it takes almost half that to catch someone at the max range of repentance.

It's as much of a gap closer as enraged healing is healing for warriors. Sure it shines here or there, but tell them this will save their ass like our FoL and they'll laugh you out of the forum

course it is, but notice how we have to chain abilities to ensure we are actually closing the gap? Have you ever said to yourself "O man i wish that ret didn run that 15% faster" as if it would make all the difference? We can't close the gap any faster than that, and that's the problem. It doesnt matter that we can be assured to close at that rate, because the assurance lasts all of 14 secs, and it takes almost half that to catch someone at the max range of repentance.

It's as much of a gap closer as enraged healing is healing for warriors. Sure it shines here or there, but tell them this will save their ass like our FoL and they'll laugh you out of the forum
    As I've said before, the Pally is a three way Hybrid, you won't get the same skills as a two way hybrid (Such as a Warrior or DK).
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.

As I've said before, the Pally is a three way Hybrid, you won't get the same skills as a two way hybrid (Such as a Warrior or DK).
    Cept the problem with that is that those abilities have become so pinnacle that without those classes would fall. The excuse that we're more hybrid than others holds no water in balancing at all.

Cept the problem with that is that those abilities have become so pinnacle that without those classes would fall. The excuse that we're more hybrid than others holds no water in balancing at all.
    So you're basically saying, that Paladins should get a Gap closer / Death Grip like move. ALONG WITH The ability to full heal themselves to full with no cast time, An immune to all damage, CC, And the like for a set time, + Damage by a good amount, and no abilities reliant on hitting someone first? Edit: Oh I forgot to mention that long with the ability to close gaps, no one can get away from them with two stuns and then a gap closer on the SHORT CD YOU KEEP REQUESTING.

Ight, I guess we should get that, but to be fair, why not let Rogues have Perma Sprint and no Combo points needed. Give Warriors an immune to damage ability along with a full HP heal. Give Resto Druids the ability to Deal shit tons of damage whenever. And why not toss in a Hunter "Shoot Vital" ability that stuns the target for 30 secs?

I'd call those just as balanced.

Thing is, you only think of your own class/spec and your own abilities or problems.

People would kill to have what a Pally has, that's why they complain about them. Be glad for what you have and stop asking for every damn ability in the book.

So you're basically saying, that Paladins should get a Gap closer / Death Grip like move. ALONG WITH The ability to full heal themselves to full with no cast time, An immune to all damage, CC, And the like for a set time, + Damage by a good amount, and no abilities reliant on hitting someone first? Edit: Oh I forgot to mention that long with the ability to close gaps, no one can get away from them with two stuns and then a gap closer on the SHORT CD YOU KEEP REQUESTING.

Ight, I guess we should get that, but to be fair, why not let Rogues have Perma Sprint and no Combo points needed. Give Warriors an immune to damage ability along with a full HP heal. Give Resto Druids the ability to Deal shit tons of damage whenever. And why not toss in a Hunter "Shoot Vital" ability that stuns the target for 30 secs?

I'd call those just as balanced.

Thing is, you only think of your own class/spec and your own abilities or problems.

People would kill to have what a Pally has, that's why they complain about them. Be glad for what you have and stop asking for every damn ability in the book.
    That last point is an arguement we can use just as well when talking about other classes. I'd kill for ANY ONE of these abilities. YI will not be simply happy i have some gimmicky abilities that everyone talks up like they're the end-all-be-all. If you even read what ppl have said they just want ONE of these abilties.The interrupt or gap closer would go very far in PVE too. But no lets focus on the god dam 20 min CD as the very basis that plds are fine if not OP.

That last point is an arguement we can use just as well when talking about other classes. I'd kill for ANY ONE of these abilities. YI will not be simply happy i have some gimmicky abilities that everyone talks up like they're the end-all-be-all. If you even read what ppl have said they just want ONE of these abilties.The interrupt or gap closer would go very far in PVE too. But no lets focus on the god dam 20 min CD as the very basis that plds are fine if not OP.
    Here's the problem mate. It's still a spell. Cooldown or not, Paladins have it. It's saved me so god damn much in so many situations that It's nice to have. Of course it's got a long CD, but that means nothing.

If I had a "Deal 50000000 Damage to target withing 800 yards" on a 5 Hour Cooldown, it would still be OP because I STILL HAVE A SPELL LIKE THAT.

Here's the problem mate. It's still a spell. Cooldown or not, Paladins have it. It's saved me so god damn much in so many situations that It's nice to have. Of course it's got a long CD, but that means nothing.

If I had a "Deal 50000000 Damage to target withing 800 yards" on a 5 Hour Cooldown, it would still be OP because I STILL HAVE A SPELL LIKE THAT.
    Ya it's a nice ability, an iconic ability for plds in all D&D settings, but how can you for even a second compare it to something like an instant kill? An instant kill wouldn't let you fight back at all. So the pld resets his health, ya that sucks but odds are you and him both blew all of your CDs, so you can still beat him. Its total bullshit that after all the abilities ppl complain about that THIS is one has any merit what so ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolgreks
    First off get a life? Its not normal that you ponder about wow mechanics in bed its a game lighten up.

2nd of all Paladins (rets in your case) are doing more then well enough in gap closing. SoJ , Repentance and BoF + dispel are more then suitable to close any gap between targets. there is no point if you would have 100% melee up time vs kiting classes and speaking in arena terms (if not don’t throw a fit) you can also use pillars aggressively to lure out melee combat.

Considering all you better be joking or look up a "HOWZ TO PLAY R3T LIKE TEH REEL PROWS (for dummies)"

not bad mouthing about opness here just srsly don’t even go there.
    lol you seem a little arrogant towards the OP but your right. I think only the good PVP ret paladins know that ret is in a GREAT place right now. Great 2v2 rep. decent 3v3 rep. I really dont understand why this argument keeps being reignited. Blizzard knows it'd be stupid to give you a slow/snare.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilhealz
    lol you seem a little arrogant towards the OP but your right. I think only the good PVP ret paladins know that ret is in a GREAT place right now. Great 2v2 rep. decent 3v3 rep. I really dont understand why this argument keeps being reignited. Blizzard knows it'd be stupid to give you a slow/snare.
    Ok might have been a bit to zealous your right. but alteast you know what your talking about.

I Lol'ed...

Dude, we cant use that on arena. BG is not real PVP.
    Stop the QQ, I would trade anytime LoH for an interrupt or and Gap closer. I would even trade bubble for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawasaki.gdm
    I Lol'ed...

Stop the QQ, I would trade anytime LoH for an interrupt or and Gap closer. I would even trade bubble for that.
    agree

Re: Speed Boost for ret (late night idea)

Why you wanna give this OP class a major buff ?

Retri paladins have the most easi damage dealing system. They have to think of like NOTHING ! Press the buttem totaly random, and they will blow every thing up.

Ret paladins wouldent need anthing but to get their burst damage nerfed.

I play 2v2 on 2400 mmr, and when we face ret paladins, he only need to turn arund and smash three buttoms, and my parther is at 20% hp.. and he dosent even need skills to do that ...

WOW! This priest must have like 15k health no resil and suck, to die in 1 HOJ. And btw he also has trinket.
    Priest uses trinket and oh shit he's stunned again, i mean dead again.

Paladin gets feared and uses trinket, priest tries again, oh shit paladin is immune, yes yes priest is dead again.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by canobil
    Why you wanna give this OP class a major buff ?

Retri paladins have the most easi damage dealing system. They have to think of like NOTHING ! Press the buttem totaly random, and they will blow every thing up.

Ret paladins wouldent need anthing but to get their burst damage nerfed.

I play 2v2 on 2400 mmr, and when we face ret paladins, he only need to turn arund and smash three buttoms, and my parther is at 20% hp.. and he dosent even need skills to do that ...
    0 resilience and 10k hp
    armory plz
    Quote Originally Posted by power-akama
    Priest uses trinket and oh shit he's stunned again, i mean dead again.

Paladin gets feared and uses trinket, priest tries again, oh shit paladin is immune, yes yes priest is dead again.
    you forgot your partner?

I Lol\\\'ed...

So what you are saying, is you want to give up Lay On hands. Something useful to both PVP (World PVP and Battlegrounds count, hur dur) and PVE, just so LolArena people can get a boost only for them (BGers will not get a big boost from it since there are so many people you can typically live and attack just fine, world PVP is kinda random)?

Derp derp, smart.

Ya its a nice ability, an iconic ability for plds in all D&D settings, but how can you for even a second compare it to something like an instant kill? An instant kill wouldnt let you fight back at all. So the pld resets his health, ya that sucks but odds are you and him both blew all of your CDs, so you can still beat him. Its total bullshit that after all the abilities ppl complain about that THIS is one has any merit what so ever.
    The point is, NOONE SHOULD GET something that gives them a win whenever they want.