Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mass Milling Macro?

I have a JC and an inscriptionist and I get a little bored prospecting/milling large stacks of ore/herbs. I was wondering if there was an addon or macro that could do this for me. You know, hit one button, come back in 10 minutes and have all your ore prospected. Thanks in advance.

Re: Mass Milling Macro?

nope

There's no such macro since macro's cant make you auto cast.
    however you can use

#showtooltip milling
    /cast Milling
    /use -flower1
    /use -flower2
    /use -flower3

and then click that macro each time you wanted to mill one of the plants, but you still have to click it each single time you want to mill

i use the same macro as above, if u have auto-loot turned on u can spam it for 5 minutes and mill close to 500 herbs or more

They have removed the option for multi macroing ?
    Using one macro to run one or more macros ?

So that you can have the macro1, run macro2, that run macro1 again ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mizariz
    They have removed the option for multi macroing ?
    Using one macro to run one or more macros ?

So that you can have the macro1, run macro2, that run macro1 again ?
    Yup, thats been gone for quite a while

A request to make mass milling/prospecting easier shows up off and on in the suggestions forum on the official site, but they've never really responded. The macro above used in conjunction with autoloot is really the only thing that works.

There's always auto mouse clicker. Just google it.

Hope this wont get me banned...

Deleted

Maybe a Logitech G11/15 keybord makro?.
    Use macro wait 3 sec to mill and macro again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekronox
    Maybe a Logitech G11/15 keybord makro?.
    Use macro wait 3 sec to mill and macro again.
    Is that really possible with a G11?
    Shaman LVL 42 - Hellfire

Just started again ....

Quote Originally Posted by Teleria
    There's no such macro since macro's cant make you auto cast.
    however you can use

#showtooltip milling
    /cast Milling
    /use -flower1
    /use -flower2
    /use -flower3

and then click that macro each time you wanted to mill one of the plants, but you still have to click it each single time you want to mill
    Use a macro like this, and grab a program like AC Tool to repeat a single keystroke that the macro is bound to at an interval of about 5 seconds with autoloot on. That's probably your best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by WaddleDont
    Use a macro like this, and grab a program like AC Tool to repeat a single keystroke that the macro is bound to at an interval of about 5 seconds with autoloot on. That's probably your best bet.
    Can you give an example of the script you use to prospect of mill with that macro?

Thanks!
    Shaman LVL 42 - Hellfire

Just started again ....

Quote Originally Posted by Summ
    Can you give an example of the script you use to prospect of mill with that macro?

Thanks!
    Something simple like:
    Code:
    While 1=1
    keys 1
    delay 5 sec
    end
    Put the macro on your 1 hotkey. It'll hit it every 5 seconds. If auto loot is turned on, you'll get your milling done.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Teleria
    #showtooltip milling
    /cast Milling
    /use -flower1
    /use -flower2
    /use -flower3
    Just to add it, theres one minor prblem with this macro especially if its executed via one of the scripts as above, namely, if you have a number of flower1 that isnt divideable by 5, then it will mill flower1 until its lower than 5, and then give you the error msg that you need at least 5 flower1 instead of continuing to mill flower2. Can be easily voided by just having some 5ish amount of flowers

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor
    Just to add it, theres one minor prblem with this macro especially if its executed via one of the scripts as above, namely, if you have a number of flower1 that isnt divideable by 5, then it will mill flower1 until its lower than 5, and then give you the error msg that you need at least 5 flower1 instead of continuing to mill flower2. Can be easily voided by just having some 5ish amount of flowers
    This is absolutely correct, I completely overlooked that fact. I used to use a similar macro for disenchanting mass-produced items from tailoring, so I never had to worry about that.

Panda:

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ils/panda.aspx

Instead of 2 mouse clicks to mill each herb you can just click one button in the panda interface for each item. If you have less than 5 herbs of one kind in one bag, sometimes it gets confused and you have to combine it with another stack. This less than 5 herbs error also happens with macros, so it's some bug in the game.

It also does prospecting and disenchanting.

Quote Originally Posted by neuropsycho
    Panda:

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ils/panda.aspx

Instead of 2 mouse clicks to mill each herb you can just click one button in the panda interface for each item. If you have less than 5 herbs of one kind in one bag, sometimes it gets confused and you have to combine it with another stack. This less than 5 herbs error also happens with macros, so it's some bug in the game.

It also does prospecting and disenchanting.

Making a macro is even faster then this addon.
    I tryed it for a while ago, but it kinda sucks.

I'm gonna try:
    Quote Originally Posted by WaddleDont
    Something simple like:
    Code:
    While 1=1
    keys 1
    delay 5 sec
    end
    Put the macro on your 1 hotkey. It'll hit it every 5 seconds. If auto loot is turned on, you'll get your milling done.
    Shaman LVL 42 - Hellfire

Just started again ....

Thanks for all the responses guys. I was afraid that was the case, but it is good to know for sure. Yep, I all ready use the macro you recommended. Oh, well. Thanks again.

I know this is an old thread so I hope I don't get in trouble for "necro-ing" it but I was wondering if anyone had had problems with these type of macros?

It worked great for prospecting on my druid but I did the following for my newb learning inscription and it doesn't work:
    #showtooltip Milling
    /cast Milling
    /use Silverleaf
    /use Peacebloom
    /use Earthroot
    /use Mageroyal

help!?

Please disregard this, I am an idiot.
    Last edited by Druidjezus; 2011-09-27 at 08:43 PM. Reason: I'm stupid
    Druidjezus' Law: "As the length of any online discussion increases, the probability that [insert any topic here] will be mentioned approaches 1, duh."
    I am the Druid Jesus, and I approve of this message.

just key bind it.
    I bind it on my number pad. push button and hover over the bag.