Deathknight dps blood or frost

Ok guys i have been trying to decide how i would put out more dps. I have dual blade butcher and i use it with a blood spec, or i have frostblade hatchet and forsaken boncarver those i use with a frost spec-which would i put out more dps with?

Cheers in advance

~~gigla

Re: Deathknight dps blood or frost

your 1 handed'd would be better for unholy DW, for frost dw you want 2 slow weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigla
    Ok guys i have been trying to decide how i would put out more dps. I have dual blade butcher and i use it with a blood spec, or i have frostblade hatchet and forsaken boncarver those i use with a frost spec-which would i put out more dps with?

Cheers in advance

~~gigla
    with t9 4p bonus
    go unholy!

Well i my self going through the same changes, always was a Blood dps spec 2hander, just few days ago was in 10 man ToC and 2 slow weapons dropped, one hand Frostblade Hatchet & Blackhorn Bludgeon both from anub 10 man normal. so rather than DEing them, were no one else needed them, i took for testing.

after little bit tweeking and understanding and knowing the rotation, i saw my self putting 700~800 more dps on boss test dummy, and no there are no small test dummys beside it, i made sure it in on a single target dps.

so now selfbuffed (HoW) i keep around 4800 dps, cant wait to try it soon in raid ^^

and ya my Two hand weapon was Edge of Agony from ToC 10 man HC, and gemmed with 2x34 str

Frost always does more dps on the dummy due to +35% damage below 30%.

Blood and Frost and unholy are all comparable dps....some specs do better on some fights. Personally i play Frost DW, with unh OS for when more AOE is desirable (ToC25hc Anub). It a matter of preference.

The dead know only one thing; it is better to be alive.

In short, Blood and Unholy are easier where as Frost you have to pay more attention (Not saying Frost is any more difficult). By this I mean Blood/Unholy is pretty straight forward rotation, never really changing, whereas Frost you have to pay attention to Rime and KM procs.

It's little, but to effectively dps you have to pay attention more as Frost. Frost is more of an open type of DPS. You can preform well on AoE fights and Single Target fights, where as Blood is much more focused to Single Target.

With 4pT9, Frost and Unholy outshine Blood since their diseases hit harder.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

In addition, frost is the only one of the three that changes with procs, therefore messing you up if you are using a rotation for some odd reason rather than a priority system.