Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...

Re: Northrend's New Kalu'ak Fishing Derby!

I got every fishing achievement there is, i've won the STV tournament 4 times, twice after wotlk release and i love fishing in WoW

but i'll never ever ever ever get to do this tournament because every guild who is somewhat half decent RAIDS every wednesday from 19-20, and no i cant just skip a raid here and there, there is no wai i'll get to see this tournament unless they change the time.

17:00 a thursday would be good, most ppl have finished the raids if they're just doing ony/toc each week so there will be less lagg in Northrend and ppl can choose to participate without having to leave a raid.

Also, putting the NPC in DALARAN?! are you fucking stupid blizzard?

Quote Originally Posted by Revrant
    Wtf is this? A freaking PvP Heirloom and one-day-cooldown pair of Booty Bay boots?

Who goes to Booty Bay anymore?

Christ what a failure of an event, an heirloom and once-per-day hearth boots.

Explain to me how this crap compares to the best fishing pole in the game and something that turns say a rogue into a speedy stealthed fish at the tap of a trinket?

Sheesh, talk about exciting alt-grinders and sucking the fun out of it.

It’s not a PVP heirloom ring… there is no resilience on it.

It’s a leveling ring…full of stats you need while you level

Stamina = Good for leveling

Crit = Good for leveling

Hit = Good for leveling as you don’t find a lot of it on leveling gear and always need at least 5% never to miss on a mob of your level.

+5% Exp from mobs and quests = Awsome.

Anyone who ever plans to level Any alt would find this Ring very useful.

The Boots seem like they will be useful in Cata (assuming Booty-Bay survives).
    The whole X-pac takes place in Old World.

And anyone who as ever tried to win the BB fishing tourney knows they only way to compete is to set your hearthstone at the BB tavern….(which is a pain in the ass).

If you have these boots , you don’t have to do that anymore.

Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one

-Martin Heidegger

it's an AMAZING event, that i'll make sure to try every day. it helps it's less out of the way than the booty bay tournament. ;D

but then in the fine print "oh and we're removing the need for leveling your fishing skill, like at all. pwnd :P"

NERDRAGE!!!! > > > :'(
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted

Are there really so many people that can't miss even one single raid in let's say a month? I just don't believe this, except maybe for the raid organizers (even there I would dare to say there is some degree of freedom). I admit that when I still raided as part of the organization team, I had some trouble with the Booty Bay contest timing myself, but then I just used those times where there were more than 25 people (actually at the time it was 40) available, and chose to be on "reserve".

My guess is that all the whiners about the time here are more about the "I want to have it first on my server" type than they are actually worried about not getting it at all

I think it is a cool idea and I LOVED the booty bay contest (at least before it was made an achievement and everyone and their brothers participated just for that).

ahahahahah oh man
    don't people have dinner at 7pm?
    and at 9pm you'll still be raiding
    at 6pm people might not be home from work?!?!

and i just listed off a couple of times to see if they were suitable!

Stood in the Fire NefariousNinja's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Any time they chose would not resolve this QQ fest.

Quote Originally Posted by Materia
    There should be some kind of a credit to be paid when you make a statement on the internet to prevent certain people from freely talking out of their ass.
    This particular QQ fest would be resolved easily if they rescheduled the event away from prime raiding hours.
    ahahahah
    well come on then, make a suggestion

I already did. 5 PM, any day of the week. Alternatively, you could have it scheduled anytime during Saturday afternoon/evening, or even coinciding with the BB Fishing Extravaganza to make players choose which rewards they would rather go for.
    running close to/at the same time of the bb contest is an interesting idea, but i get the feeling that blizzard gave this new comp a weekday timeslot in order to give people who can't ordinarily make a weekend timeslot a chance

with that in mind, that leaves us with your 5pm suggestion - that's not too hot for anyone that has a fulltime job, but of course i dont have that sort of info; do you think there's more people with an 8pm raid schedule than fulltime jobs?

I already did. 5 PM, any day of the week. Alternatively, you could have it scheduled anytime during Saturday afternoon/evening, or even coinciding with the BB Fishing Extravaganza to make players choose which rewards they would rather go for.
    Unfortunately 5PM wouldn't work either, unless you work from home (or not at all) or live 2minutes from work... one word... traffic.

To ensure that *everybody* can do this it should be changed from every Wednesday to every 4-5 days, as someone earlier in this thread suggested.
    This would mean that it would go Wed->Sun->Thu->Mon etc. or something.

This wouldn't be hard to do, and I don't think that every raider raids 7 nights a week (i sure as hell don't).
    So eventually the cycle will go around to a day when you're free.

Everybody wins. Everybody can have a chance to do it.
    Easy.

my guess is that blizzard knows -better than most ppl on the forums- when the players are online and raiding etc.

they will have checked it. no one has real ingame statistics concerning online status etc, only blizzard does.

maybe it went like this:

dev: ok, so when do we do this new event? it would be cool to let ppl who cant compete in STV event get their chance too!

stat man: hmm, lets see.. most ppl are online on weekends, but there is alot of raiding too.

dev: ok, what other dates do we have, where alot of ppl are on?

stat man: hmm lets see, wednesday 8pm looks fine. alot of ppl online, but most of them are just idling around in dalaran and crying about "never play on patchday" and posong with their last-id-loot!

dev: kk, so lets do it wednesday evening.

@all: remember, this is ptr only. i guess IF they find out that there will be an issue with the time of the event on the live-servers, they will change it.

but, imho, it will be like always.. alot of crying, but in the end, all will do the contest anyway. some sooner, some later.

There's no way to ensure that *everybody* gets a chance to do it. That is, however, no reason to put it on a time which is fundamentally terrible for a huge chunk of the players of this game.
    Ofc there is, as I suggested earlier simply do a rotating schedule. They might not be able to do it every week but sometime they will.
    Even if the time was the same (8PM) most people would be able to participate once or twice in a seven week cycle seeing as most guilds have offdays.
    Unless you do sports every single day at 8PM or something, most people should be able to attend sometime.

With a static 8PM wednesday slot it's practically impossible for most people to go.

Or maybe they want a lower participation to ensure that even the hardcore casuals have a chance of winning? :P

There should be some kind of a credit to be paid when you make a statement on the internet to prevent certain people from freely talking out of their ass.
    What, you want people to be able to pay to shut you up?

10+ Year Old Account

It's an optional event.

Just like raiding is optional :P

The attitude here stinks of 'make it accessible to all who play' yet when Blizzard do try and cater for this attitude it gets hit with 'you have debased the game'

: