Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Northrend's New Kalu'ak Fishing Derby!

Quote Originally Posted by NaTaN
    lol... you need to lvl fishing now to get heirlooms? unfair if you ask me :/
    You don't "need" heirloom items any more than you "need" to level fishing. And if it's anything like the Booty Bay fishing tournament, you won't "need" max-level fishing to compete.
    I > U

Quote Originally Posted by NaTaN
    lol... you need to lvl fishing now to get heirlooms? unfair if you ask me :/
    umm did you read it? the best chance to get one is through a fishing pool and in 3.3 you will never get trash from fishing pools regardless of skill level.

Stood in the Fire NefariousNinja's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Looks like I have to make Booty Bay not be angry at me anymore for killing them if I want to drink in their bar. 8)

Nice! Ive always hated that dreaded BB tournament, hopefully this will be alot different.

Aha, so that's where the teleport: booty bay came from :P

BoA ring

Shame it's in Dalaran (takes its time to load for me) and right at the start of my raid.

Quote Originally Posted by f311
    I am In europe, never been in a guild that didnt raid on a Wednesday.

I mean why would you not? all the content just reset!

Most guilds I've been in raid Tuesday, Thursday and some combination of weekend days. My current somewhat casual guild does Tues, Thurs, Sun. An older guild (Van/BC) I was in did Tues, Thurs, Sat, Sun.

I do often run 10 mans on Wed/Sat, but that can always be pushed around for fishing tournament.

Edit: This is US, and this might change if Europe servers were drastically off, but my understanding was that their raid resets are on Tuesday morning as well.

Quote Originally Posted by learm
    Oh the BoA finger. I bet there will be even spellpower one. it looks pretty nice
    probably not, that one works for spellcasters to. no ap on it

Quote Originally Posted by Barreveler

Most guilds I've been in raid Tuesday, Thursday and some combination of weekend days. My current somewhat casual guild does Tues, Thurs, Sun. An older guild (Van/BC) I was in did Tues, Thurs, Sat, Sun.

I do often run 10 mans on Wed/Sat, but that can always be pushed around for fishing tournament.

Edit: This is US, and this might change if Europe servers were drastically off, but my understanding was that their raid resets are on Tuesday morning as well.
    EU servers reset Wednesday morning. My old guild used to skip Wednesdays too, mostly cos of past experiences with patch day server fuck ups. I remember MC complete trash resets after emergency server restarts. *cries*

nope, our resets are on wednesday morning.

still no problem though imo, on wednesday evening most people only quickly do the "PuG" raids a la ony and vault.
    at least on my server ;D

reset on europe is on wednesday morning, thats the point, so everyone goes farm raids then (at least most guilds i have been in did)

im passionate fisher and i hate the time, i already have the Salty title (and i love it), but i rly want that ring :X but cant see our RL letting me go to fish rather than raid :'(
    BLIZZ change the time! the time of BB fishing is great, i hate this one

Simply can't wait!

One important line : This feature will be tested on PTR. All those expecting 3.3 to be in the next two weeks...you are wrong.

And what do you people have with time ? Put it at 6:30 ? It's still raid time for some ppl. Put it at 9:30, err raid time. Even Sunday at 12:00 in Bbay it was not the best time.

10+ Year Old Account

That is one messed up time to start the event.. Almost every guild begins raiding before or at 8:00.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Stratorogue
    That is one messed up time to start the event.. Almost every guild begins raiding before or at 8:00.
    /Agree

on the other hand... noone ever accused blizzard employers to have any kind of brain power

As stated also by others, Wednesday evening is the worst possible moment for this fishing derby on EU, being the first evening after raid reset.
    "Seeping crest of turbidity, arrogant vessel of lunacy.
    Boil forth and deny, grow numb and flicker, disrupting sleep.
    Crawling queen of iron, eternally self-destructing doll of mud.
    Unite, repulse. Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness."

Primera - Elemental Shaman - <Vedo La Gente Morta> - Pozzo dell'Eternità IT

Oh wow you guys complain about everything. If it started at 4pm, youd whine that is your time to do things outside of WoW. If it was at 11pm, youd whine it was cutting into your post raid unwind time. If it was at 5am, youd whine that it cuts into your time of fapping while looking at a dancing night elf video.

You dont need to fish or participate in a fishing tournament to raid. Let the non raiders have an event k?

Fishing contest that relies on fishing pools? Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza all over again.

P-A-S-S.

My first inclination when i saw the time was that it was a smart move to make it in prime time so that everyone has an opportunity to participate. Yeah, you might raid on Wed at 8 (I do) but not everyone does. Although, everyone will complain about everything Blizzard does ever, so it's no use trying to talk sense into anyone. Everyone's a critic...

I know that I just may have enough time to catch the shark before we pull anyways... for once, sitting on my ass waiting for raids to start that supposedly "start" at 8 won't be so bad. =D

Deleted

*groan*

You know, Blizzard are really destroying my money-making schemes with 3.3.0. First my enchanting skill became everyman's, and now the fishing market is going too

Oh well, at least I'll be able to participate. Working some sundays and having a slight reputation issue with goblins have kept me out of the compo for months.