Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: jesus christ shadow pvp is gimped as hell

Shadow gimped in pvp? are u serious?
    I can think of 2 reasons why you are QQ'ing about this:
    1.You're bad.
    2.You got owned by a class that counters your class.

Welcome to pvp. :
    Here come the Irish.

Quote Originally Posted by greysin
    let's see, moonkins get:

one of the best 40k burst capabilities in the game

cyclone

more damage mitigation

cyclone

cyclone

and burst

and cyclone

you are equipped enough to be more competitive than an spriest who lacks burst, cc and the ability to take the 60k damage they'll have focused on them from the onset
    Dont tell me that you're serious bout sayin' that boomkins are viable in pvp...

let me say what i've already said, son:

which class has the worst mana regen in the game in pvp gear........priests (both shadow and disc, disc has about 50% the regen of other equally geared healers)

ok, which class has the smallest mana pools in pvp gear.........priests (shadow < disc and disc is < all other healers)

ok, which class has the least mobility..........priests (shadow has a SNARE that ROOTS the priest lol, horrid)

and like i've said, a priest doesn't fit a role that can't be filled by someone else

why defend them?
    disc priests mana regen is just as good as a resto druid, it just depends how you play. Shadow priests have decent mana regen too, you just have to take yourself out of doing any damage whatsoever to get mana back. youre the only healer that can also burn others mana, youre the only healer that can go completely offensive and not suffer from it at all, and yes, priest burst still does something, as does getting in a kidney and burned 4 times before being able to get back out of LoS/range.

What healers have the smallest mana pool in arenas? Druids have the smallest mana pool by far along with prot pallies, then comes shamans, then holy pallies than disc priests.

oh no, you have the worst mobility, that must not be made up at all by your offensive spells and fears (everyone gets hit by fears if you have a good enough partner, even the "god" of resto druids vorrent did) Why are disc priests so well represented in the high ratings of 2v2, and 3v3.

Yes, i know youre complaining more about shadow, but just learn your place and be disc. Moonkins ARE pretty close to being just as bad as shadow.

Alot of people are actually complaining about the amount of damage Shadow is putting out on the PTRs. The Haste change is apparently very strong in PvP. Haste making DoTs tick faster is essentially a flat % damage bonus on your DoTs.

Shadow Priests were already one of the more tanky casters, I had trouble bringing down shadowpriests that knew when to pop defensive abilities on my pre-nerfed DK. If a SPriest can survive through that first Scream breaker without popping dispersion, they have a very good chance 1v1.

In arenas they don't bring a whole lot of synergy with others, which is the problem. Unlike other casters, they have no spammable CC, but they can still put out very good pressure and if used right can be very strong. They have good offhealing potential and can effectively reset an entire teams healthbars with Inner Focus Hymn once per fight.

Silence is also extremely potent on such a short timer, and lasting 5 sec.

I don't know why all TSG teams don't replace their DKs with SPriests, they can silence for their warriors during bladestorm more often and provide CC and spread damage. Only thing they cant do is peel and chains spam for their warrior.

I have played some good shadow priests and some bad ones. The bad ones, or maybe average ones, were easy as shit to take down 1v1, no contest. The good ones however, 2350+ players, were some of the most formidable casters I have ever fought.

Disc may be powerful, but mana regen is CERTAINLY not their strongpoint. They are easily the most mana inefficient healer, by far. That priest burst that does next to no damage, takes a BIG chunk out of our mana bar. Not saying disc is weak, cause its not, but if you say that discs have mana efficiency then you are very, very misinformed.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

I don't know why all TSG teams don't replace their DKs with SPriests, they can silence for their warriors during bladestorm more often and provide CC and spread damage. Only thing they cant do is peel and chains spam for their warrior.
    Because DKs never die and spriests do? And Spriests cant do any damage whatsoever if they have a melee on them.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by blamblam
    do you want to know why my partner and I kill Spriests? Because they do too much fucking dmg to let them live. Get over yourself.
    do too much damage? YOU NAKED BRO?

against someone with 800 resilience, an spriest with 2800sp gets about 3k per crit tick of ALL 3 DOTS COMBINED, and non-crit mind blasts and SW hit for 4-5k

so an spriest's burst in BIS pvp gear is about 10k in 4 seconds

that's our BEST burst

thing is, it takes 6 GCDs to do that and who the hell is gonna let an spriest set them up?

and dispel protection, c'mon, so far VT is critting less than 1% of the time, and it hurts less to dispel VT than to let it tick away.....there is no dispel protection in reality

there is no class with less of a burst. my protadin in pvp gear has 2-3x the burst my spriest does

hell, just my glyphed avenger's shield hits for more than any 5 second sequence of GCDs an spriest can expend

AND IT SILENCES MY TARGET lol

boomkins, mages and elemental shaman can all burst 40k damage in the amount of time an spriest can do about 15k damage

pvp requires burst and the only thing an spriest can do is compensate with a high quality teammate that can buy them lots of time and keep them free

it's a joke

Yea, Spriests get trained because of the damage they do. If you let one free cast on you, you're bad but more over, you are fucking dead.

Edit: This guy is has to be a troll.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli
    Disc may be powerful, but mana regen is CERTAINLY not their strongpoint. They are easily the most mana inefficient healer, by far. That priest burst that does next to no damage, takes a BIG chunk out of our mana bar. Not saying disc is weak, cause its not, but if you say that discs have mana efficiency then you are very, very misinformed.
    to me, it's less about how WEAK priests are and more about how powerful everything else is

NOTHING ELSE IN THIS GAME IS BALANCED, everything else has powerful abilities and 5-10 more CDs

on my custom UI, the only thing with less abilities is my enhance shaman, both she and my priest have some open buttons that my druid, pally, lock and warrior all fill up with useful abilities

and as shadow, i rarely use divine hymn or hymn of hope because in a pvp situation, i just won't have the time to

to me, it's less about how WEAK priests are and more about how powerful everything else is

NOTHING ELSE IN THIS GAME IS BALANCED, everything else has powerful abilities and 5-10 more CDs

on my custom UI, the only thing with less abilities is my enhance shaman, both she and my priest have some open buttons that my druid, pally, lock and warrior all fill up with useful abilities

and as shadow, i rarely use divine hymn or hymn of hope because in a pvp situation, i just won't have the time to

stop trolling, now you're complaining about how simple priest pvp is?

Quote Originally Posted by elseagoat
    Alot of people are actually complaining about the amount of damage Shadow is putting out on the PTRs. The Haste change is apparently very strong in PvP. Haste making DoTs tick faster is essentially a flat % damage bonus on your DoTs.

Shadow Priests were already one of the more tanky casters, I had trouble bringing down shadowpriests that knew when to pop defensive abilities on my pre-nerfed DK. If a SPriest can survive through that first Scream breaker without popping dispersion, they have a very good chance 1v1.

In arenas they don't bring a whole lot of synergy with others, which is the problem. Unlike other casters, they have no spammable CC, but they can still put out very good pressure and if used right can be very strong. They have good offhealing potential and can effectively reset an entire teams healthbars with Inner Focus Hymn once per fight.

Silence is also extremely potent on such a short timer, and lasting 5 sec.

I have played some good shadow priests and some bad ones. The bad ones, or maybe average ones, were easy as shit to take down 1v1, no contest. The good ones however, 2350+ players, were some of the most formidable casters I have ever fought.
    on the ptr, in pve shadow is doing about 400-800 dps more in t9 and t10

that means in pve, shadow is AMONG THE BOTTOMFEEDERS instead of THE bottomfeeder

shadow dps in pve is still low

in pvp, they still have no burst, no way to escape and no way to CC someone to allow dot application

it's VERY easy to force an spriest to play defensively, it's VERY hard to pressure someone as an spriest to play defensively

i miss blackout so much. it gave you the chance to get away and set people up

it used to proc about 4 times per minute, which means in comparison to psychic horror, opponents have more uptime than EVER vs spriests

Does your ass hurt yet Greysin? Because thats some serious bullshit you are pulling out of it.

Shadow priests comparing for low burst .... seriously you didn't notice you are a dot class? Try shadow priest/affliction warlock/ resto shaman for 3v3 (also known as shadow play) and you will understand that you don't need burst ... well if you are to tunnel visioned and can't dot up 3 targets and mind blast one of them then its your problem ... and wtf ... no crowd control? really.... silence + disarm + fear isn't counted? Here is a crazy idea ... USE PVP SPEC!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gereslol
    stop trolling, now you're complaining about how simple priest pvp is?
    not simple, just not as many useful spells/cds

you think spriest make a habit of hymn of hope (costs more mana to shift/cast/shift back than you get back from the spell lol), divine hymn (channeled, affected by wound poison which an spriest can't dispel, no knockback protection while casting it as shadow, not guaranteed to do any healing on you since it randomly targets what is supposedly the lowest hp party member)

what about mind soothe? can't even use it to eat up spell reflects, 100% useless in pvp

then you have mind control.....yeah, if i have time to MC i have time to dps........MAY get lucky and time it to use as an interrupt, but unreliable, steadly nerfed for 2 years and more of a "run someone off a cliff in ab" thing

what about all those healing spells? not as positively affected by SP as a damn feral druid's heals are and again, no knockback protection while out of shadowform, you lose 15% damage mitigation and costs a ton of mana to shift out and heal then shift back.....also costs you 2 GCDs and they're at a premium

c'mon, spriest pvp isn't rocket science

Basically all you've said so far is that you can't play a composition that requires peeling.

Quote Originally Posted by ilialilov
    Shadow priests comparing for low burst .... seriously you didn't notice you are a dot class? Try shadow priest/affliction warlock/ resto shaman for 3v3 (also known as shadow play) and you will understand that you don't need burst ... well if you are to tunnel visioned and can't dot up 3 targets and mind blast one of them then its your problem ... and wtf ... no crowd control? really.... silence + disarm + fear isn't counted? Here is a crazy idea ... USE PVP SPEC!!!!
    locks are a dot class

aff/sl locks have a pet that can silence/stun/remove buffs, they do about 4x the self healing via damage, dots hit for about 2x as much and they have far more dispel protection (does more damage when dispelled, silences) and their "psychic horror" (deathcoil) HEALS THE LOCK, does damage AND has the horror effect

disarming in pvp is countered by every melee class having a 50% duration

and oh yeah, a lock can cast fear on you about 5x as often as you can cast psychic scream

soul link isn't dispellable either. that's 20% magic/physical damage reduction as long as the pet is alive AND with a void out, you have a huge shield that prevents knockback (about 3x as much absorption as an spriest shield with imp. PW:S)

a destro lock can hit you for 20k damage in less time than it takes for me to put all 3 dots up lol

i have a lock, and she has a LOT more burst in both aff/sl and destro/sl

Quote Originally Posted by Entore
    Basically all you've said so far is that you can't play a composition that requires peeling.
    only one class requires peeling

if you're into "doing it the hard way" then pvp naked or shut up

i don't like being the weakest link on my team when i'm on my priest

there is a reason you rarely see spriests

just makes me so mad to be so unable to do anything on my own on this shitty toon. fucking hate everything about it, the weakest class/spec by far
    Ya, right. 2s go fairly well as resto/spriest (with me as the druid).

A lot of people (including myself) have a great time going shadow in PVP when Disc gets old. Yes its harder, but honestly if you don't like it play something else. WoW has been out a long time now, you know what your going to get. If PVP is getting your panties in a wad, or makes you feel like breaking your computer, maybe its time to take a break.

You must be sitting at your screen refreshing it, because every time someone posts something you have to be there to refute it. Its kinda sad. sometimes double posting because you must feel it helps drive your "point" home. Your not telling anyone anything we don't know, it all just QQ. Then the constant CAPS to emphasize your points is almost comical.

Quote Originally Posted by recadra
    Ya, right. 2s go fairly well as resto/spriest (with me as the druid).
    resto druid/ empty spot can force a lot of teams to time out

like i've said, resto does well with anything in 2v2 because they're so powerful, same for mages, rogues, paladins and warriors

priest does fine with a class that can carry them.

in 2v2, you can cyclone one person, priest PHs the other and that's enough time to set up your dots

most powerful healing spec ever, with CC, reflective damage, ability to cleanse poison in a bracket where the op classes dominate = anything works with you

you won't make a push for anything above challenger of course, but i'd hate to know i was carried by an OP class to even an 1800 rating