Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: jesus christ shadow pvp is gimped as hell

What a bunch of cry babies. Spriest is already a strong spec and its getting buffed big next patch. My main is a pally, I hate ret and I'm rolling a spriest, leveling him up strictly with pvp. From levels 28 to 62 where I'm at now, its been one non stop faceroll. At level 52 I would destroy level 58 dks one on one with much better gear and twice as many hit points. I eat other casters like Mages and Warlocks for lunch. Any spriest that complains about those classes is a joke considering how easily we destroy them. The only counter classes to a spriest is a rogue and a warrior, but we can still beat them if we outskill them or get lucky.

I've done incredible stuff with my spriest that other classes could only dream of. I've taken 3 people out at the lumber mill in arathi basin before, 2 of them with mind control off the cliff, then I fly over to the blacksmith via levitate and I hide in a nook and cranny on the cliff there, and kill 2 people guarding the blacksmith and they don't even see me or know where I'm at because my dots and mind blasts have no animation.

I can't wait until I get mind sear and get the biggest aoe nuke in the game and take out entire armies in alterac valley.

There are some really weak pvp classes, like hunters, ret pallys (yes they are terrible now), boomkin, blood and frost dks, fury warriors, etc., spriests aren't one of them. Anyone that is QQing clearly sucks and doesn't know their class.

Baele, I stopped reading at "lvl 62". Come back when your spriest dinged 80, get pvp gear and do some arena matchs.

Sure, PPl have the right to show their opinions, but labeling outright the other as "buch of cry babies" when you yourself didnt even own a max lvl spriest was just ... :

Don't worry, I've been honing my skills with my priest in pvp the whole time I've been leveling up. When I get to 80 I'll get a 2k arena rating, especially with the incoming buffs. With my holy pally I'm rated 2k and I still click on my abilities. With my Spriest I'm already using keybinds for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by baele
    What a bunch of cry babies. Spriest is already a strong spec and its getting buffed big next patch. My main is a pally, I hate ret and I'm rolling a spriest, leveling him up strictly with pvp. From levels 28 to 62 where I'm at now, its been one non stop faceroll. At level 52 I would destroy level 58 dks one on one with much better gear and twice as many hit points. I eat other casters like Mages and Warlocks for lunch. Any spriest that complains about those classes is a joke considering how easily we destroy them. The only counter classes to a spriest is a rogue and a warrior, but we can still beat them if we outskill them or get lucky.

I've done incredible stuff with my spriest that other classes could only dream of. I've taken 3 people out at the lumber mill in arathi basin before, 2 of them with mind control off the cliff, then I fly over to the blacksmith via levitate and I hide in a nook and cranny on the cliff there, and kill 2 people guarding the blacksmith and they don't even see me or know where I'm at because my dots and mind blasts have no animation.

I can't wait until I get mind sear and get the biggest aoe nuke in the game and take out entire armies in alterac valley.

There are some really weak pvp classes, like hunters, ret pallys (yes they are terrible now), boomkin, blood and frost dks, fury warriors, etc., spriests aren't one of them. Anyone that is QQing clearly sucks and doesn't know their class.
    As was mentioned above, when you reach 80 and get your 2k rating feel free to tell us how strong we are against equally geared opponents. But regardless of what level you are no one gives a shit about how you killed two people who didn't see you.

I raid as holy so when it comes to pvp , i like shadow ... no, it's not the best spec to get to 2k+ rating but i like it. In BG's, it's absolutely melting face but few ppl consider BG's to be real pvp.

In arena , it's a different story ( can't use Frostweave Net or Free Action Potion ) ... i stand at 1300 rating in 2s and 1130 rating in 3s which is considered shitty by the "elite" arena player and it's understandable. My partners are a surv hunter for 2s ( really not the best combo ) and a resto druid for 3s. We started with no resil whatsoever in the first weeks so we got owned pretty badly. After spending a couple of honor points and emblems , i got to 950 and the hunter is around 800 resil , resto druid still lagging at 320 resil ... well this week was the first time we had a winning record for the week in 2s ( 32-21) . So yeah , its nothing OP but its coming together and i think we can push this team to around 1650 rating before season ends.

I'm looking forward to spriest change in 3.3 for season 8 and with resil gear off the bat & better teamwork , we should be off to a good start.

S3-4-5-6 were really crappy for a spriest , actually i stopped doing arena in mid-S3. S7 isn't too bad , not saying it's good but i'm having fun and that's what counts. Every win is well-deserved.

Point is , you dont play Spriest in arena to faceroll to a 2.5k rating ... i know a couple of spriest that will prolly get that rating but those are pvp-oriented and skilled players( unlike me ).

my 2 cents.

PS. a lot of ppl have told me to spec disc to get rating then switch back to shadow (i'm pretty sure it's a good call) but like i said , i already heal in PVE raids so i don't wanna heal in arena. I do arena for fun and i'm having fun

Quote Originally Posted by Skullmaster
    Perhaps, and this is just a CRAAAAZY notion, you could research a class before choosing it? Seriously, if you come on here and moan without reading up on the subject first, all you are going to be faced with is absolute flame.

Oh, and don't take the Lord's name in vain asswipe :P.
    goddamn kid, i was playing priest YEARS ago, not sure if you've noticed but in the last 20+ patches, the game has changed

i've leveled other toons to 80 since, but everytime i play one of them then come back to play on the priest, it is just a slap in the face how ill-equipped they are

they're like a retarded country kid who is thrown into the finance industry with nothing but a nice suit.

they're screwed no matter what they do

and as far as the flames, i don't care, i can take more than you or anyone on here could ever dish out, i'm 100% right about everything i say or i'd not say it.

one of the glad priests even says the same things and people disagree with him too lol

i know when on my other toons, i treat them the way i'm treated, focus, zerg, lol at his dead corpse

they're just too easy to kill

a good spriest either does BGs only or they have teammates who would be better off without them, but carry them anyway

they need more tools

Quote Originally Posted by Pud
    You know I was like you once playing a gimped class and spec doomed for fail. But I grew tired of seeing all the other classes succeeding where I could not so I decided it was time for a change, I rerolled a pally. Sure they weren't the best during BC but when WOTLK came it was like a new door opened for me! whats that? I have insane burst and great survivability in pvp? what? you actually want me for dps and not as a healer?! amazing! It was like a whole new world! Soon all the worlds greatest delights where at my door step money, hot elf chicks, fast cars it was endless and I was respected by my allies and feared by my enemy's. So do what me and thousands of others have done, reroll a pally! I guarantee you'll be happy.

or just go DK lawl.
    i've got a pally too, i have been protection specced since day one, never even specced ret because i always wanted a tank

and even as protadin pvp (realy protadin, not healing protadin) i have more burst than my spriest could ever muster, i have more tools, more ways to help others and more ways to stay alive

the ONLY reason i haven't deleted my priest is because i have over 500 days /played on him and he was my first toon, first to 60, 70, 80

first to raid with

just a lot of time invested in the guy but for well over 1 year, everything has left priests behind
    i mean, my only CC is dispersion, WHICH CCs ME lol

the newest priests are always the ones to stick up for their class the most too. i've seen them. i was on my protadin when this topic came up and a priest was gonna prove me wrong. i slapped him around of course, as both disc and shadow, so he said it wasn't balanced for 1v1, and he was right

so we got our teams together and queued together (they were a 2250 3v3 team so the experience was equal, except our healer is a druid)

we slapped them around there too because it was played perfectly, but the priest went OOM before the druid did and then it was over after that, they even had a warrior for MS and we had no MS class

priests are just weak, shadow is below that

So let me get this all straight.

You leveled a Priest for somthing like at least 2 weeks or so deciding to play shadow PvP.

And you did not look up any shadow priest anything on the matter.

Then 2 weeks later you find out it blows to hell and you QQ?

Am I getting that right?

I mean there are only 10 Spriest out of the 100 top priests and 0 in the top 100 players of all classes in the world for arena and you thought it would be what, a destro lock?

You are just stupid then.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

oh noez, a class originally designed for healing is bad at teh deepz.

Don't worry, enough will cry and you'll get buffed to number one some day.

shadow priest are completely viable. their biggest problem is mana not survivability or damage. that and theyre very very easy to sit on (just like a disc priest, which is the reason there's very few priest comps that don't include a rogue or a mage) a dps class bringing PWS is fantastic from a survivability standpoint.

shadow priests are getting pretty significant buffs next patch most of which are quite nice for arena.

that given i do see very few shadow priests in arena. I woudlnt even touch 2s as a class that has mana problems.
    Your top 3s comp would probably be affliction shadow resto shammy. (UA dot coverage is fantastic)

and yes anything sub 1800 is pretty scrubby.

I'm slightly embarrassed that my mage alt is sitting at 1750. working on it

While im nearly positive my post will be ignored on a whole because i will not be flaming or disagreeing with anyone really. i still figured i should throw my hat into the ring on this one. Its a bit long so please bear with me.

I have been playing a priest for a decent amount of time now (season 2) i have played both shadow and disc. I have had many different partners and i have done extremely poorly and fairly well. I dont consider myself an expert at shadow or disc. but i play them fairly well. I am what you would call. an average to high average pvp player.

I have also just recently began to play a ret pally in season 7. that experience will come into play a bit later.

For now i will begin my little observation.

The priest class. is indeed a difficult class to play and do well with in pvp. I would in fact say it is the least "pick up and play" of every other class.. as we need resilience to live like most people need oxygen.

Most players that do not reach the resilence cap will find the priest class to be a very weak damage taker.

Most players that reach the resilience cap will find the disc priest to be a rather strong "damage" survivor.

These 2 points are almost certain.

However there are small stipulations to each point.

For example.

People who play priest at lower resilence levels will find that a priest that is squishy.. is also lacking in any real mobility or escapes. this frustrates the player and often causes the (omfg we are worthless) type comments.

The seasoned and high resilence priest will find that while he certainly takes damage better. He has no real defense for the massive cc and stun chains that grace every other class in the game.

Seasoned players counter this by pairing with a very strong cc class. that will keep a priest away from any real threats.

In reality a priest will never carry his teammate. it will always be the other way around. if your partner cannot control the oposing team to allow you to do your thing. then you will loose.

veteran priests know this as a fact of life.

the small margin of top priests both shadow and disc.. have paired with the right composition of teams that will keep them alive the longest. thus they have success

This is not to say they do not contribute. because im sure you all know that the top priests such as hydra do things with priests that are just godly. however even hydra knows that the main 2 points on a priest to remember are.. dont get hit or ccd (pillar hump like a god) and lastly and most importantly.. use your teams control to give you mana (DRINKING) priests have 1 way of winning the mana war.. drinking.. if your a top priest.. your one of the best drinkers in the world..

i guess what im trying to say is this..

Are priests balanced?

it depends.. if you compose your group for success. Farm all the best resilience gear. play with only pro players of the right composition. learn to pillar hump like a god and learn the science that is drinking at every possible moment.. and also play 100% mistake free every match.. match after match.. then yes priests are balanced..

But if your the average player.. then no.. they are not..

In the end the priest skill cap and effort requirement is so insanely high that most are unwilling to even attempt it. however if you are like hydra.. you can make a priest look like the most overpowered class in the game..

Does that mean they are balanced? i will let you guys decide.

as any sense seems not to get attention at all

yes, shadow priest pvp performs below average

no, disc pvp performs not below average

period i am sick of trying to explain it as nobody cares at all and only reads the last conclusion
    Black is what darkness looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by greysin
    it obviously sucked before but after playing a protadin for a few weeks then logging on my spriest today, shadow pvp made me wanna blow my fucking computer up

sucks having to hit the resilience cap or rely on teammates to babysit your burstless ass

and now haste is gonna help dots, how the hell is that gonna help alleviate the problems of the class with no mobility or burst in pvp where your effectiveness is 100% dependant on your burst and/or CC

what cc? no fucking CC either

i wish i'd known how fucked up priests were doomed to be before spending so much time on this toon

just makes me so mad to be so unable to do anything on my own on this shitty toon. fucking hate everything about it, the weakest class/spec by far

my poorly geared enhance shaman lasts longer and can do more damage and isn't the easiest target to pick out of a crowd

priests are supposed to dispel/dps/support

spriests can't do ANY of those roles as well as the other healers or in the case of shadow, dps

BUT WATCH OUT MOTHERFUCKERS MY DOTS ARE HITTING YOU FOR 800 DAMAGE PER TICK AND I'M GONNA DO 12,000 HEALING OVER THE COURSE OF A WHOLE DAMN MATCH

i swear blizzard has to fucking hate them. can't say "go disc" because it's the weakest healing spec in pvp right now, gotta have a mage or two up your ass to do anything and that's just because they have so much control and burst

fuck a priest

That just made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by gereslol
    ...Yes, i know youre complaining more about shadow, but just learn your place and be disc. Moonkins ARE pretty close to being just as bad as shadow.
    I believe he is referring to the Priest having 2 Heal Trees and only 1 DPS spec. Everyone who can spec for multiple roles (dps/heals/tank) has at least 1 dps spec that is viable for PvP, except Priest. Shadow is shit in PvP which means if you want to PvP at all, your entire roll is reversed. It's not like being a Hunter and saying BM is not that great in Arena, and someone telling you to go Surv. Hunters only DPS. You are not changing your role, you are just changing the tools you have to perform that role. Going from DPS to Healer changes the reason you wanted to PvP in that spec in the first place; because you wanted to fill a damage roll. There is only 1 spec to do that with priest.

You cannot dps at all without being gimped in almost every way, and your survivability goes down to almost nothing. Moreover, everyone automatically sees you and says "Shadowpriest, they suck, easy to kill, don't let him do anything", blah blah blah and burst the crap out of you just because you are shadow. Shadowform is a giant freaking bullseye anywhere you go. Seriously, when is the last time you saw a Shadowpriest from the opposing faction somewhere doing anything and were scared/hesitant to attack it?

They are prime targets because they have shit for survivability, shit for burst and shit for cc. Leave us alone and yes we can do lots of things. This can be said for all classes though. I'd seriously be ecstatic if they put Psychic Horror back on a 1 min cd. Donno why they nerfed it anyways. 1 cc on a 26 sec cd and one on a 2 min cd. You know why everyone and their mother trinkets Psychic Scream? Because they know after they do, we got nothing else for almost 30 secs. If you don't trinket the PS, what else is there to trinket?

1 idea for increased survivability is to get a greater percentage return from the self healing that VE provides. That would be a great addition to PvP survivability and wouldn't be OP in PvE either.
    With a shape like that, and a cape like that, cc better cc me. Cuz them dots just keep on rollin, and you know red equals dead. So let them casters cast, cuz haste makes us too fast. And I ride out in Mimiron's Head.

bads will be bads.
    I remember winning WSG at like 42 on my paladin. And the reason people said why we won?

"It was Qinda. She used Lay on Hands on herself while carrying the flags. The image of a female dwarf fondling herself was too much for the horde to handle."

Quote Originally Posted by Ondarak
    bads will be bads.
    Alas, another who thinks he's "Teh Amazing" because he disagrees that Shadow Priests are horrible in PVP. Gonna post your video of some leet BG footage?

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow