Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...

Re: Patch 3.3 PTR Notes - 10/27 Update

woah woah woah...

People are actually ALLOWED to roll on raid loot....here i am like a sucker waiting for the raid leader ML to hand it out to people that roll...

most likely your life wont change...sure in Cataclysm you may lose out on some dungeon loot, and maybe eventually Heroic loot, but once you start raiding again...who cares.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The Looking For Group chat channel has returned and can be accessed in all major cities (similar to the Trade chat channel) without the use of the Dungeon system interface.
    This is great and all, but they need a city wide general chat too to filter out all the garbage in trade and soon to be LFG. These 2 channels need a cooldown like the old worldwide LFG had since there isn't really any reason to advertise more than once a minute or even longer.

Quote Originally Posted by gnoop
    Yup, I was thinking that same thing. That's pretty crappy on Blizzard's part. There's no reason they should be doing this kind of gear policing. If this includes raids and not just 5mans, they're shafting, for example, non-cloth wearers out of some BiS gear - cloth belts and gloves in ToC25.

All in all, it's just going to eliminate my desire to pug outside of my realm unless I'm simply after badge farming or a trinket/weapon drop. Pretty weak.
    Or they could just make the actual BIS gear leather. Also, you can plead to your party members to trade it to you if you feel you want it since you can still trade soulbound items that drop in the dungeon. If a clothy rolled on it though, I doubt he'd forfeit it to you. Cloth wearers already have too much competition.

Do these new systems port you to the instances/raids? I hope not.

Deleted

One things for sure - paladin tears are very good for skin.

New dungeon interface is going to be awesome! I love it!
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

Who are all these people who are gearing up for ICC through heroics? I don't understand why this is all such a big issue. If you raid, get what you can from heroics, run Naxx a few times until you can run TotC a few times until you can run TotGC a few times. --
    Alts, mostly, or rerolled mains. Unless you're in a huge guild, there might not be that much low level raid or heroic activity in the guild and, for some, their schedules just don't match the rest of the guild's. Or they might not have a guild at all. I for one would want to be able to carry my own weight on the very first raid I run on a newly dinged alt, be that gear through heroics, crafting or badges. And there aren't even that many pugs going to Naxx, Sarth or EoE because you can get better gear elsewhere by running said heroics for badges or from totc 5man or VoA. Especially when ICC comes and you can get Emblems of Triumph from running heroics, Naxx and Ulduar will be almost completely obsolete.

Or they could just make the actual BIS gear leather. Also, you can plead to your party members to trade it to you if you feel you want it since you can still trade soulbound items that drop in the dungeon. If a clothy rolled on it though, I doubt he'd forfeit it to you. Cloth wearers already have too much competition.
    As I said earlier, if someone rolls Greed for Disenchant, there will be nothing to trade if they win. And yeah, Greed and DE will be on the same line. So, people who want to wear "unappropriate" armor type get to choose between trying to keep the trigger happy, 700 dps hunter from rolling for DE and to pass the loot to them or having to try their luck with the rng. Regardless of whether or not there are any toons of the classes that qualify to roll need on them.

It would seem, however, that the option to disenchant is only available if there is an enchanter in the party:
    Group Disenchanting
    Players in a group with an enchanter will now have the option to automatically disenchant any items that are not claimed by a player from within the loot window. Players will have this option available to them in both premade groups and in randomly matched groups. This option is available in any loot system, even if players don’t use the new dungeon tool.