Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Well, tonight was the last straw.....

you can have on of mine ;D

You know the difference between you and me? I make this look good.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sin3671
    Dips on the Purple one, it compliments my T5 well.

Quote Originally Posted by select20
    This isn't a complain post, more just an FYI for aspiring DK tanks out there. I was replaced tonight in my guild by a pally tank with gear not as good as mine. Our guild leader ran a 'damage taken' test between me and a pally for the night betweeen Ony25 and ToC25. To make a long story short, he took 38% less damage than I didfor the night. Needless to say I'm on the dps list now instead of tanking. I wasn't MT, another pally in our guild is MT, but I've been 2nd tank or OT for a few weeks now.

Anways, I love tanking, I feel kinda bad but there isn't really anything I can do. I'm thinking of jumping on the band wagon and lvl up a pally. That way in the future if DK's ever edge out in front again, I won't have to worry about being sat out fo rtoo long.
    Did you guys tanked the same mobs? for the same amount of time? how it can be a valid form to know who is best? are you gearing for avoidance or the mindless stamina stacking? did you tanked more mobs than him? did he steped down his agroo to let you take more dmg?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcold
    Did you guys tanked the same mobs? for the same amount of time? how it can be a valid form to know who is best? are you gearing for avoidance or the mindless stamina stacking? did you tanked more mobs than him? did he steped down his agroo to let you take more dmg?
    It should be noted that in general, Paladins will take less damage to begin with due to shield-blocking mechanics.

Stick with it. Everyone gets hit with the nerfbat and buffed back to the begining. Its the evolution of this game. DK's will be on top again as the all around go to. It's blizz's golden child.

And as far as staying "loyal" to your class...

Your a DK guy. Nothing loyal about that.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by nightcinder
    you're a death knight.
    A DEATH KNIGHT
    A DEATH KNIGHT
    A DEATH KNIGHT
    A DEATH KNIGHT

and they're stupid.
    go roll a real tank class.

Someone has anger issues.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Saimene
    Like.. a warrior? Or.. a warrior? Or.. I know, a warrior.

Cause they're the only true tanking class. Pallies were healers in Vanilla and trash tanks in TBC.
    Agree.
    Classic WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    If the OP is serious (which I doubt), he's likely a DW frost DK who thinks it's viable and will flame anyone to hell for telling them otherwise.
    According to the excessive damage he is taking, this is most likely the case.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

15+ Year Old Account
    In a place where hordes of squirrels roam free.

Quote Originally Posted by select20
    This isn't a complain post, more just an FYI for aspiring DK tanks out there. I was replaced tonight in my guild by a pally tank with gear not as good as mine. Our guild leader ran a 'damage taken' test between me and a pally for the night betweeen Ony25 and ToC25. To make a long story short, he took 38% less damage than I didfor the night. Needless to say I'm on the dps list now instead of tanking. I wasn't MT, another pally in our guild is MT, but I've been 2nd tank or OT for a few weeks now.

Anways, I love tanking, I feel kinda bad but there isn't really anything I can do. I'm thinking of jumping on the band wagon and lvl up a pally. That way in the future if DK's ever edge out in front again, I won't have to worry about being sat out fo rtoo long.
    Sometimes Stats>SKill and tanking methods
    But! most of the times a good raidleader will pick Skill and tanking methods if the tank has some standard gear and will not pose problems for spike dmg.
    You're pissed on what an individual did, that doesn't mean the rest of the dk's will be replaced as you were as MT's..
    QQ door that way ------>
    Speaking for morality in economics is like fucking for virginity.

10+ Year Old Account

you're a death knight.
    A DEATH KNIGHT
    A DEATH KNIGHT
    A DEATH KNIGHT
    A DEATH KNIGHT

and they're stupid.
    I agree.

I think the biggest problem with paladin tanks is that we can hold aggro as good as anyone else, we have health pools like druids, and we don't take alot of damage. Hmm and we do alot of damage when we have multiple targets.

The problem with a DK tank is that they take way too much damage, but they can hold aggro just as good as a paladin. But with all the people that were playing warlocks and hunters that switched to a DK cause they couldn't play the class is the biggest problem with the DK's atm. I'm not saying we are smarter people then DK's. Every class has noobs that play it. Just right now the DKtard has replaced the Huntard.
    "Don't drink and WoW, you'll shard your purples!"

Pally tank here

Last week we were missing our warrior, and since I'm my guild's currently best geared player, much less tank, we decided to have the DK who basically gets the tank loot the warrior and I don't want (but gets to bid mainspec on dps gear) co-tank heroic NRB with me.

Long story short, they did fine and we don't even have TotGC on farm (haven't killed twins yet)

By personal experience....expect more wipes using DK tank than other tanking classes

being the main issue...

LACK OF SHIELD!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Bye.
    Weren't you a Dwarf like.......... yesterday? That was fast.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Malmsteen
    By personal experience....expect more wipes using DK tank than other tanking classes

being the main issue...

LACK OF SHIELD!

DKs have a higher Dodge chance, can gain 10% max HP every 20 seconds (through Death Strike) and also increase the amount of thier EH/Healing done to them by a fair amount every minute (through VB).

10+ Year Old Account

You'll learn the raiding IQ drops the easier it is to get gear outside of raids.

New raid leaders pick up the charge and use Recount as their gospel, their pathway to clearing a run. It's obviously not the best way to do it, but it's becoming the most common.

I'd say explain your wants to the guild leader, or raid leader. If they just say "QQ", /gquit that POS guild and find one that will appreciate you.

DK's do indeed take more dmg, but they have many other pluses.

And don't listen to people like Nightcinder. That's the first sign of being jealous there's so many DK's that he can't roll one.

Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Khaowdruid
    Weren't you a Dwarf like.......... yesterday? That was fast.
    I waited until after my 7p server raid to change races, in case there were complications

Deleted

you're a death knight.
    A DEATH KNIGHT
    A DEATH KNIGHT
    A DEATH KNIGHT
    A DEATH KNIGHT

and they're stupid.
    Like warlocks. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZnAm3KwW58

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    I waited until after my 7p server raid to change races, in case there were complications
    Draenei FTW!

Your GM is an idiot for trying to pull something like that off, and unless the replacement he got is really worth his weight, your guild will soon start to suffer because of it. (Of course your GM will not know why, either, and then /gquit for a better guild.)

As everyone else has said, tanking mechanics are very different between the two classes, and if your GM (and you for that matter...) don't know this, you've got bigger problems on your hands.