Thread: haste for holy

haste for holy

i've become quite confused as i was looking at my character info screen which says i have 13% haste (working on it) >.< yet when i check the armory it says i have 17% i noticed this trend while looking at other armory links so can anyone explain to me why this occurs and secondly just to be certain holy should gear for around 600 haste right?

Re: haste for holy

Can we have an armory link? Or could you post how much haste rating you have?
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Most likely an armory bug, sometimes it seems to include various buffs that were in place when you logged out - I wouldn't worry about it too much.

As for your target haste, well it depends on whether you're a FoL pally or a HL pally.

You get 15% from JotP, 8% from buffs leaving 27% from gear for FoL which is 860 rating, though somewhat less won't be a killer due to lag effects. For HL, well then you need enough to make 100% haste, so that's 77% from gear or a wopping 2300 odd.

Haste Soft cap is 675, with all buffs. Very easy to achiev with 245 gear

15+ Year Old Account

It could be possible that the Haste on the armory is including haste from outside sources I.E. a druid aura or something.

Note that haste gained from passive talents and auras are not reflected on the Character Info sheet when logged on.

Just worry mainly about your character sheet, If armory says you have more, that good for you when people armory you for heroics.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    Haste Soft cap is 675, with all buffs. Very easy to achiev with 245 gear
    How do you know this? Would have helped to know this before I hit 845 (which doesn't hurt at all, competing against insta-hots and many raid heals). :P

The difference he is looking at may be the difference between MELEE haste and SPELL haste. While the rating is identical, the percentages that they affect are quite different.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaytanic
    How do you know this? Would have helped to know this before I hit 845 (which doesn't hurt at all, competing against insta-hots and many raid heals). :P

Pala Haste

You would do even better if you remove like 1/2 your haste and replace it with crit so you can spam more heals. Tho it does depend what you are doing.

Winning healing meter with ninja heals isn't the aim of a healer (unless you are healer heavy and want to link healing meters and ask ppl if they were AFK :P).

10+ Year Old Account

Right now I have approximately 15.10% spell haste. I'm not quite sure how much "haste points" that is so I'm going to guess around 430 - 480?

With Judgements of the Pure you gain 15% increased spell casting so theres a bonus for ya. I generally wouldn't worry about haste THAAAT much.

Quote Originally Posted by Borigrad
    Just worry mainly about your character sheet, If armory says you have more, that good for you when people armory you for heroics.
    strict people on ur server, heroics are ez mode no need for gs/armory check.

ya ive been in the same boat, gotta get my haste up, thought i was set, but through discussion and viewing of some top pally heals on my server, i def need to up my haste game.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/Board3r24/Sig.jpg
    (Sig too large)

Holy Pally soft cap is 676, this is point at which, when combined with raid buffs like windfurry totem, boomkin aura, JotP, etc., your FoL is now limited by the GCD with a 1 sec cast time. Holy Light is about a 1.3 second cast at that point. However, I dunno about everyone else, but I don't cast that many FoL if I can avoid it, so going beyond the cap to further reduce HL cast time isn't a complete waste.