Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Power Word :Barrier

It's more a 'flavor of everyone prefers Disc for harder content' and staying as Holy makes you a dime a dozen and interchangeable with a Druid. Disc isn't having scaling problems, mostly due to their ability to gear entirely for throughput after a certain gear levels (226'ish). That's basically how we've kept up. No mana issues without stacking int to 30k+ mana means we've avoided the stat scaling via class mechanics (and minor bug exploits :P). Also keep in mind that primarily raid shielding is optimal in two encounters in ToGC and hard modes in particular. Penance and PoM should also be on cooldown as well though, otherwise your net HPS+APS drops. That's why it does become a problem, fights with lots of consistent raid damage wind up favoring Disc on the raid. Giving them more AOE stuff would make the situation worse. Good Priests would flock to the superior spec, just as good DPS do.

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-
    ]
    I like the premise of "Hymn of Shielding." However, it would be too much for both disco and holy to have both. If this were implemented, Divine Hymn would have to become a deep holy talent, and "Hymn of Shielding" deep disco.
    Well not really, making Divine Hymn put a debuff that makes you unable to use Hymn of Shileding would clear that.
    Same in the other case.

Of course increasing Hymn of Shielding through disc talent tree, like the amount absorbed or the range etc...
    It's not because we like a steack that we want to know who's the cow.

multishield is a cool idea for raid especially in 25 man if ur the only disc priest. In arena its gonna be OP but they can do something about it put like a cd on it or just dont let em use it in arena.

Quote Originally Posted by priestpowa
    multishield is a cool idea for raid especially in 25 man if ur the only disc priest. In arena its gonna be OP but they can do something about it put like a cd on it or just dont let em use it in arena.
    Because a big "I'm channeling for 8 seconds, please don't interrupt me!" is OP, amirite? Tell me how gamebreaking Tranquility or Divine Hymn are in Arena. Go ahead.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator
    Or make it channeled!

Discipline Priests OHSHI- Button

I'll suggest:

Power Word: Barrier Rank 1
    31% of base mana 40 yd range
    Channeled 1,5 min cooldown

Draws on the souls of all party or raid members to shield the 5 lowest health friendly party or raid targets which will absorb up to 2230 damage. Each additional 1,0 second channeled will shield 1 additional party or raid members with the lowest amount of health, and reinforce the shields of those already shielded by an additional 10%. The Priest must channel to maintain the re-casting of new shields. The shield will not be reinforced more then 50% of it's original effect. Up to a maximum of 15 targets may be shielded at any time. Channeling lasts a maximum of 10 seconds. Shields lasts 15 seconds before automatically breaking. May only be cast when in combat. Causes the http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=6788.

To break it down to you:

-Instantly shield 5 low-hp members.
    -Every second an additional shield to ANOTHER low-hp member
    -Every second shields which still last get stronger by 10%
    -Shield's power increased is a maximum of +50%
    -Shields last 15 seconds each (but get refreshed whenever you maintain the spell, and reinforce the current shield)
    -Max 15 targets
    -May only be cast IN combat
    -Causes http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=6788 to prevent stacking of the buff.

Priest also get's to chose to just instantly shield 5 targets, abort the spell and simply resume normal healing.
    OR
    Maintain the spell, and instantly shield 5 + 1 target every second for a total of 15 targets
    I really like this, I think that it's well thought and very interesting. Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator
    Or make it channeled!

Discipline Priests OHSHI- Button

I'll suggest:

Power Word: Barrier Rank 1
    31% of base mana 40 yd range
    Channeled 1,5 min cooldown

Draws on the souls of all party or raid members to shield the 5 lowest health friendly party or raid targets which will absorb up to 2230 damage. Each additional 1,0 second channeled will shield 1 additional party or raid members with the lowest amount of health, and reinforce the shields of those already shielded by an additional 10%. The Priest must channel to maintain the re-casting of new shields. The shield will not be reinforced more then 50% of it's original effect. Up to a maximum of 15 targets may be shielded at any time. Channeling lasts a maximum of 10 seconds. Shields lasts 15 seconds before automatically breaking. May only be cast when in combat. Causes the http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=6788.

To break it down to you:

-Instantly shield 5 low-hp members.
    -Every second an additional shield to ANOTHER low-hp member
    -Every second shields which still last get stronger by 10%
    -Shield's power increased is a maximum of +50%
    -Shields last 15 seconds each (but get refreshed whenever you maintain the spell, and reinforce the current shield)
    -Max 15 targets
    -May only be cast IN combat
    -Causes http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=6788 to prevent stacking of the buff.

Priest also get's to chose to just instantly shield 5 targets, abort the spell and simply resume normal healing.
    OR
    Maintain the spell, and instantly shield 5 + 1 target every second for a total of 15 targets
    this but also add shared CD with divine hymn, would be too OP elseway

Thanks to Stanton Biston for the amazing sig!

How about a Power Word: Kill Newbs that instanantly kills all pallies and death knights, destroys all their gear, sends away all gold, and deletes all but one level 1 class that they hate. Instant Cast, no cd, 1 mana
    Soviet Russia was merely a setback!

Relys Sunwalker
    Rakzor Frostwolf
    Descle Dubraig