Holy paladin. Over powered PVE underpowered PVE?

No this isent a complete bitch rant.... but I just wanted to put the main issue out their. Holy pallys in pve are gods. nuff said. In pvp though it is not that hard to get a decent rating it is however hard to maintain it. When a druid can cyclone you for 10 seconds something is wrong. When you can be hexed for a fuck load time something is wrong...

Just think about this the only CC a holy pally has in the stun which normally when talented is on a 40 second cooldown. Though this isent bad think about what a sham/druid/priest can do in arena. Fears, shackle undead, shock you, cyclone, entangle roots, bear form, cheata form................. and more....

Now it helps if you have a great partner/s with their own cc being great..... but this isent always the case... Just druids can have hots on them selves and go in Cheata and run. They also have innervate....their heals dont even get reduced when they use it! shammys have earth shield and ghost wolf form. Priests just don't die....Penance is some BS lol along with their strong shields.

Now another problem is all these classes can do a little bit of damage as well! moonfire, shocks, wrath, shadow word pain and a bunch of other crap... pallys have like 3-4 things that are on long cds....

So pretty much what I think needs to be done is either make beacon undispellable and/or give another form of CC similar to repentance...and perhaps an ability that is for holy and does some dmg....yes i know holy shock does but its simply not enough...

Sorry for poor grammer.

P.S. or just put a cd on cyclone.

Re: Holy paladin. Over powered PVE underpowered PVE?

Forgot to add...may be a good idea to let LOH usable in arena. Due to druids can go up to max hp in seconds same with a priest.

Quote Originally Posted by josipii
    Forgot to add...may be a good idea to let LOH usable in arena. Due to druids can go up to max hp in seconds same with a priest.
    Lol, so can u. One chock crit and ur high on HP again + u got bubble, wich no other fucking class got.

I played a paladin myself for ages and u got nothing to whine about.

- Trim

No this isent a complete bitch rant....
    I'm sorry to say, but yes it is.

Also there is a typo in your thread title, but I guess no one will care either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parynziux
    So, you are clearly the biggest nerf to your class. Hush.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansai
    Lol, so can u. One chock crit and ur high on HP again + u got bubble, wich no other fucking class got.

2 classes can break it. 2 very common classes in arena.....

Yes one shock crit. In pvp gear 25% crit wont get you it too often it also costs a fuck load on mana... and hp high eh its not that high tbh.

2 classes can break it. 2 very common classes in arena.....

Yes one shock crit. In pvp gear 25% crit wont get you it too often it also costs a fuck load on mana... and hp high eh its not that high tbh.
    So ur bubble can be dispelled, and the priest healing up themselves can be interupted aswell.
    - Trim

So ur bubble can be dispelled, and the priest healing up themselves can be interupted aswell.
    I know this isent quite a excuse but I do live in Australia. Which causes higher ms. And no oceanic servers are not Australian they are still located in the US.

oh, so the point that the 5 of the 8 most popular 3 vs 3 groups all having a holy pal in them (51/20/00 or 52/19/00) doesnt tell you your just too bad a player?

I know this isent quite a excuse but I do live in Australia. Which causes higher ms. And no oceanic servers are not Australian they are still located in the US.

I thought this thread was about paladins not being good enough as a class for arena?
    Altho ur thread title says something else then what u actually wrote, and now.. it's ur ms, cus of ur server being in a bad location for u?

Dude, I don't get ur point anymore.
    - Trim

I'm confused by the title - overpowered PvE, underpowered PvE? Did you mean underpowered PvP?

Personally, as a hunter I dread the holy paladain in PvP. Are you aware that paladins came joint top in the arena last season? (Hunters came last).

The reason is that even with aimed shot (reduces healing by 50%), h.pallys can usually heal through enough of my DPS to last me out. If I beat them down to ~20%, they just stun me, bubble up and heal so I'm back to square one. I'm not saying this to complain, its just balance. But I'm trying to point out that holy paladins aren't underpowered in PvP and if your having trouble it may be gear, tactics, latency or a host of problems that are causing it. Its also possible that the problem is really just your expectations - its fair to want to stand a chance, but to expect to win every time is unrealistic.

In PvP theres a huge amount of disparity and imbalance between different class combinations which changes enormously with each patch. My advice is try not to think about it in such black and white terms of "Are we balanced in PvE/PvP - yes or no", because the answer will always be no. Instead, play to your classes strengths and downplay the weaknesses, and roll with the changes as new patches come out. In effect, be the best holy paladin you can be (even if thats still not as good as say the resto druid).

15+ Year Old Account

Lol, so can u. One chock crit and ur high on HP again + u got bubble, wich can be removed by most, if not all, arena teams.

Fixed.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by vespin
    there was a post bout this a while ago but it got lock because of the shitstorm it started. but why you say holy pallys suck? (this goes for all spec), its because where not a complicated class. we can almost put any talent point in anywhere and still do good, where more gear dependent then any other class. not saying where a bad class but where not as complicated as something like a rogue when spec, rotation etc etc. point is i hope blizz gives us new spells to make us stand out in the sence that you have to really "think" when specing yourself
    Blood DKs and Warriors are also just, if not more, as gear dependent as we are.

every class to a certain point is gear dependent, Sorry but it's true. Yes holy pallys are a little gimped in PvP even with our oh so precious bubble that every arena team can dispell(deja-vu ftw!) OH MY GAWD you got holy shock, a 6 second cd(5 if glyhphed i believe) is junk and you know it, Also to the guy who said we can put any points into any talent and do good, EVERY CLASS CAN, thats what specs are for not classes. resto druids are good at healing, so are holy priests and resto shamans... thats how it works you spec that isn't a valid arguement either.

No the only real problem for holy pvp, is we only have a trinket and divine shield to break shit. Other then that stop casting holy light, and prey... Get used to hand of freedom and cleanse. EVERY class can beat a holy paladin, but not every spec certain specs cannot... You just gotta learn strategys around the interupts... pop aura mastery when you got a rogue on you and cast holy light make him waste kick... thats about all i can say.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

Deleted

Borigrad please, just no. (Constructive, huh ? )

"No the only real proble for holy pvp, is we only have a trinket and divine shiled to break shit."
    Caught my attention

I thought this thread was about paladins not being good enough as a class for arena?
    Altho ur thread title says something else then what u actually wrote, and now.. it's ur ms, cus of ur server being in a bad location for u?

Dude, I don't get ur point anymore.
    his point is he's bad and he needs buff to compensate, you gotta read between the lines