Would this be an overall buff?

Glyph of Divine shield:

Divine shields lasts 8 seconds BUT 10% of all damage done to the paladin while shielded will be added to the paladins health. (also works on boss attacks fyi)
    (Dots,bleeds etc will tick while shielded, healing the paladin, but will be removed when the shields expires or is prematurely removed)

Sure noobs would heal the paladin for so much that he doesnt even have to waste mana on healing himself, Good pvpers wouldnt attack a bubled paladin and would like this change (unless they are a paladin)

But I reckon even the noobs will eventually learn to cope with it, so it might just be a huge nerf to paladins, or not?

What do you think?

And Im not looking for situation specific answers, or skill specific answers, Im looking for an overal answer.

So a YES or NO and then the reasoning.

I think the Dot's suddenly healing you and the uber noobs attacking you, could prove significant, but then again, who needs a buff to fight an ubernoob.
    Altough the Dots -> Hots thing will stay even for top teams (unless it pays of to not DoT a paladin, but is a buff in itself)
    Then again 33% less duration is a major impact, but then again there is AOE damage that could hit a bubbled paladin.

PVE wise I think its a buff, you dont need the last 4 sec of the immunity that much in pve and the healing during a boss fight or AOE intensive adds/thrash could be very nice, sad thing: You lose buble+hearth

I think, overall it would be a buff

So what do you think?
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Would this be an overall buff?

NO.

You can't Hearthstone anymore in 8 seconds!

If it still Immunizes you, it's worthless :S. Because even noobs have brains about NOT healing your opponent (The healing part)
    If it doesn't immunize you, it's ALSO worthless. (Divine shield would not be *divine shield* anymore)

I don't really see ANY use for this...

Sorry mate.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Quote Originally Posted by Vasti
    Glyph of Divine shield:

Good pvpers wouldnt attack a bubled paladin and would like this change (unless they are a paladin)
    it doesn't take a phd in astrophysics to realize that attacking a paladin while bubbled is stupid
    regardless of some asanine glyph or not
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    Dear Blizzard,
    Can our guild have a free pass on Northrend Beasts? We don't believe in harming animals, and would really prefer to not have to fight this boss. ToC looks like a really fun instance, and we would love to experience all your hard work, but we just cannot kill animals.

Thanks!
    <VegansLOL>
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Sure, Why Not!
    We already hand everything out for free anyway. Want a free legendary while we're at it?
    (Avatar too big.)

15+ Year Old Account

Divine Shield
    3% of base mana
    Instant cast 5 min cooldown
    Protects the paladin from all damage and spells for 12 sec, absorbing 100% of the damage dealt by harmful spells and abilities and preventing application of harmful magical and physical effects. Lasts up to a maximum of 75% of the Paladin's health or a total of 30 Magical and Physical effects. Once protected, the target cannot be protected by Divine Shield, Divine Protection or Hand of Protection again for 2 min. Cannot be used within 30 sec. of using Avenging Wrath.

Glyph of Divine Shield
    Major Glyph
    Classes: Paladin
    Requires Level 15
    Item Level 6
    Use: Increases the damage absorbed by your Divine Shield by 25% [static] , but reduces its duration by 4 sec.

/thread

worse idea than Holy Chain of Vasti. lol jk :-X

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow_Sorrow
    ronark struggles to restrain from complete immunity mechanics, but...

a 75% of decent pvp geared retpala is, liek, 20khp,
    and
    a single dk, via 3 critical blue axes can easily break such a *sheild*
    so nah. wont do (
    Make it 150% HP, 200% HP limit with glyph?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Make it 150% HP, 200% HP limit with glyph?
    i wouldnt be against a bubble wich drop after 150% of your hp..
    at least if blizz could think on itself

Problem A - Bubble is op : way to fix bubble nerf everything around it.. wait what?

lol I dont know how much I'd like to lose teh ability to bubble/heart xD
    There is this thing called being so open-minded your brains fall out.

-Richard Dawkins

Setting a damage cap on 'bubble' would also probably mean a damage cap on other immunity effects as well (namely Iceblock). Keep that in mind.

I'm not opposed to the idea, I'm just not sure that nerfing our only on-demand defensive ability worth a fuck is a great idea; there needs to be some compensation, and I don't think this change would merit a buff in the eyes of the Devs (at least not immediately). It may be the best thing for the class in the long run, however.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

Quote Originally Posted by vespin
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=64382

stop with the qqing you won gg
    ???
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    skill>penis/vag

in pvp: your going to get healed to full int he 12 seconds anyway, why would you need to be healed more then 100 percent of your health?

in pve: your going to get healed to full in less then 3 seconds anyway so once again doesnt matter
    Waiting on Cata
    SCII: Naret
    WoW: Naret, Destromath US

Unfortunately not everyone can remove immunity effects and this causes frustration in pvp; in fact if there had been a damage cap I doubt abilities such as Mass Dispell and Shattering Throw would have been implemented. Having abilities specifically designed to counter one another doesn't seem to be an indicator of a healthy playing environment.

@OP: I don't see the point of having negative effects healing you whilst immune.
    skill>penis/vag

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow_Sorrow
    Now thats some good idea about removing iceblock immunity aswell. The problem with iceblock only lies in its 30 sec hypothermia (mind 'cold snap ')compared to our 2 min nerfbearance and inability to pop wings of holy love -.-
    I only implied that if Divine Shield got a damage cap, Iceblock would as well. Not that the immunity effect would be removed... they'd just be less-immune, if that makes any sense at all. I don't need to worry about both paladins and mages trying to kill me in my sleep; well thats a lie, I don't sleep, but If I did it would be an issue.
    skill>penis/vag

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Horn
    I only implied that if Divine Shield got a damage cap, Iceblock would as well. Not that the immunity effect would be removed... they'd just be less-immune, if that makes any sense at all. I don't need to worry about both paladins and mages trying to kill me in my sleep; well thats a lie, I don't sleep, but If I did it would be an issue.
    Its because Iceblock doesn't allow the Mage to cast or do anything else.