Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Icecrown Citadel wholesale 20% avoidance nerf!

It looks like Icecrown Citadel raid will have a raw 20% avoidance debuff called Chill of the Throne. Wow! I must admit that while I understand why they are doing this, it just kinda feels like a bum way to fix the current issues with tanking avoidance. >

http://www.worldofdeathknightcraft.c...-my-avoidance/

I just can't help but think that Blizzard could have just changed how the current gear is and added more stam and strength or hit/expertise and taken away some of the massive dodge/parry on the T9 set. *sigh* :'(

WorldofDeathKnightCraft.com
    world of warcraft coverage for death knights and more...

Re: Icecrown Citadel wholesale 20% avoidance nerf!

Its a temporary fix until cata. I dont mind.
    I mean seriously how fun is an encounter if the boss nearly kills you with each blow.

My only issue is that Blizzard has known this is an issue since Naxx, and yet rather than change their raid content design for boss damage, they just continued to stack tons of avoidance on gear. And now they are trying a hack of a fix rather than retooling how the gear itemization is and the core mechanics.

Just feels like a slap in the face because of their poor design decisions.

Oh a thing just came to mind, what aobut our t10 set bonus? Wasnt it something like when we use blood tap we gain 12% dodge for 10 seconds?

Isnt that kinda stupid while giving us this debuff making 20% dodge the minimum for making the set bonus be fully useful? Other then that is fine for me.

look at the main page.

The stated that if they changed the gear to more stam and strength, it would be too good, and people would never again take gear with avoidance stats.

With hard-modes in Ulduar, they changed the way of item-levels, that's why items got too high and too good.

They will fix it in cataclysm.

And 20% dodge is quite amusing, isn't it? ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by mattepatte
    Oh a thing just came to mind, what aobut our t10 set bonus? Wasnt it something like when we use blood tap we gain 12% dodge for 10 seconds?

Isnt that kinda stupid while giving us this debuff making 20% dodge the minimum for making the set bonus be fully useful? Other then that is fine for me.
    I honestly don't see a tank walking into ICC with less than 20% dodge seeing as you can get that wearing lvl200 epics/blues.

Deleted

Remember, this raid avoidance "nerf" was already done in Sunwell, so it shouldn't be really surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Atty
    I honestly don't see a tank walking into ICC with less than 20% dodge seeing as you can get that wearing lvl200 epics/blues.
    I know, but still.

Everybody is going to ignore dodge rating on items now? So less gear choices because blizzard thinks we are going to keep wearing dodge gear. I got 27% dodge atm:S every point i can get under 20 would be a win wouldnt it?

Cant they make it like 15% dodge and 5% miss? Impossible to get underneath 15 i think...

The average tank walking into ICC now will have between 10 and 15% dodge. How this will affect DK's and more so Druids is yet to be seen.
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

Oh no, WoW gets more difficult!

Dude, wheres my avoidance?

Quote Originally Posted by erwin121
    Everybody is going to ignore dodge rating on items now? So less gear choices because blizzard thinks we are going to keep wearing dodge gear. I got 27% dodge atm:S every point i can get under 20 would be a win wouldnt it?

Cant they make it like 15% dodge and 5% miss? Impossible to get underneath 15 i think...
    That wouldn't work. Druids don't have near 2% miss so it would make druids best tank etcetc.

Its just sunwell again, nothing new to see here.

Only thing is it might suck to be dk's since runestrike relies on dodges.

Nerf?
    It's not a nerf, it's a debuff.

Besides that, don't cry, the plate classes can still parry (and if you're using dodge or stam/dodge gems you can always go for parry gems), I bet druids will cry harder.

Quote Originally Posted by eint
    My only issue is that Blizzard has known this is an issue since Naxx, and yet rather than change their raid content design for boss damage, they just continued to stack tons of avoidance on gear.

Just feels like a slap in the face because of their poor design decisions.
    No they didn't. Actually in naxx days(I guess you mean new naxx) Blizzard was not sure about doing all the Hardmode content that they did now.
    Without Hardmodes every raid wouldn't need to have two different item levels. And we would have bee sitting here with iLvL 232(maybe a little bit more) And Icecrown would have dropped iLvL 246(or something else). That way all would have been fine now. Imagin your tanks with uld normal gear and you will see the point yourself.
    It is pretty much sucks that blizzard didn't predict this but tbh no one did in uld days. I expected 3.2 to have same iLvLs as uld though and told my guildies that we will have problems in 3.3 when I heared of iLvL 258 items.

After all it is a temp fix till cata. So I guess we will haveto get on with it.

80 Orc Hunter
    80 Tauren druid
    80 Tauren Warrior
    80 Orc Warlock
    80 Blood elf Death knight
    To Be continued...

It's not that I am QQ'ing or anything. It just seems like this is a dirty way to "fix" a fundamental issue. I have plenty of avoidance and good gear that I doubt that this will be much of an issue. It just feels....dirty.

WE blizzard decided that tanks not getting hit is too hard for healers, so we add this nifly debuff that makes them take dmg all the "time. Healers rejoice !"

A small interpretation of blizzard's chit chat about this change.
    The actual post made me laugh with tears. As if healers didn't have the 1% dmg aura enough.

Tbh i think by the end of the raid when we are at 10 yards from the throne we'll get so many "auras" from the god-damn throne Arthas will one shot the tank and the raid with him.

NO fucking wonder he owned Ilidan so easily, poor blind guy was debuffed as crap <.<
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Agreed on that.. quite a lame way to quickly fix their mistake they made on going too much with avoidance and not mitigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldturkey
    That wouldn't work. Druids don't have near 2% miss so it would make druids best tank etcetc.

Its just sunwell again, nothing new to see here.

Only thing is it might suck to be dk's since runestrike relies on dodges.
    Dont forget parry. I didnt actually think of this but it will surely become harder to keep aggro when this hits.

Seeing how avoidance is getting lowered, does this mean shields are becoming more valuable?

I'm curious to see how this will affect builds. Whats the point of grabbing the 5% dodge talent which warriors and DKs can get if its just being negated? Maybe drop all dodge gear and pick up just parry stuff to replace it? (or higher stats of course) I mean, you 2 guys who start the post are at 26% dodge about, and if u lose enough pieces of dodge gear you'll be below 20% unbuffed (like 22% with buffs about right?)

It would be alot better if it was 10% parry and dodge for DKs, Warriors, and Pallies and 20% dodge for druids.

Blizzard is 2-faced on this. They say fights like gormok on 25-man TotGC are fine because u have to be on the ball to keep the tank up, then they turn around and say its bad.