Thread: Warrior macro

Warrior macro

Hey, I need some help with a macro that I just wrote.
    Here it is:
    Code:
    #showtooltip [stance:1] Pummel; [stance:2] Shield Bash; [stance:3] Pummel
    /cast [stance:1] [equipped:shield] [target=focus, exists] Shield Bash; [noequipped:shield] Berserker Stance; [target=focus, exists] Pummel
    /cast [stance:2] [equipped:shield] [target=focus, exists] Shield Bash; [noequipped:shield] Berserker Stance; [target=focus, exists] Pummel
    /cast [stance:3] Berserker Stance; [target=focus, exists] Pummel
    Basically, as you can see in it, it's an interupt macro. If a shield is equiped in battle stance/ defensive stance, it should use Shield Bash. Otherwise, it should swap to Berserker stance and Pummel.
    The macro looks alright to me, but I'm far from a macro expert.

The problem is that it doesn't actually cast Pummel for some reason. I'm not sure if that's because it's too long, and I should use castsequence, but I don't think so.

Can anyone help me, why isn't it working?

And one last thing - yes I know that this is over 255 characters, but I've got an addon which allows me to use more than that (Super Duper Macro)

Edit: Another thing, I'm using a macro like this:
    Code:
    #showtooltip Defensive Stance
    /cast [stance:1] Defensive Stance; [stance:3] Defensive Stance
    /equipslot 16 Footman's Longsword
    /equipslot 17 Skullflame Shield
    to swap to defensive stance and equip my sword 'n board. However, when I swap from Battle stance, it just equips the shield for ½ second, then unequips it.
    To make it more clear:
    1. It swaps to Defensive stance
    2. It equips the sword and shield
    3. It unequips the shield

Would really appreaciate some help with that macro aswell. Thanks in advance

Re: Warrior macro

the last problem could be outfitter or sth similar.
    disable the function in outfitter thats responsible for
    switching outfit when changing stance.
    --
    The cataclysm broke the world ... and the pandas could not fix it!

Try these:
    Code:
    #showtooltip [stance:1/3] Pummel; [stance:2] Shield Bash
    /cast [stance:1/2,noequipped:Shield] Berserker Stance
    /cast [stance:1/2,equipped:shield,target=focus,exists] Shield Bash; [stance:1/3,target=focus,exists] Pummel
    Code:
    /cast [stance:1/3] Defensive Stance

Also to ease equipment changing macros, I use the equipment manager blizzard has created. Just Equip the sword/shield you want and select every other slot to "Ignore the slot", then save the outfit. You can then change the equipment macro to something like this...

Code:
    /equipset NameOfSword&ShieldEquipmentSet

Both macros are wrong in a few ways, Pummel isn't activating because you need to be in Berserker Stance to use it, and Shield Bash is Battle and Defensive Stance..

You're not only trying to get it to Pummel from Battle Stance with that macro, but the way it's written will only work on your focus target and isn't usable on your current target if a focus doesn't exist.

This was a macro I wrote for someone else, which I felt functioned well, suited a bit more to your needs.. It also fits well below the 255 limit.

#showtooltip
    /equip [form:1/2,noworn:Shields]Footman's Longsword
    /equip [form:1/2,noworn:Shields]Skullflame Shield
    /use [form:1/2,mod:shift,target=focus][form:1/2,worn:Shields]Shield Bash
    /use [form:3,mod:shift,target=focus][form:3]Pummel

If you needed to do an interrupt in Battle Stance, it put on a Shield and Shield Bash for you... If you're going to take the time from Battle Stance to switch stances to Interrupt you'll burn a GCD and all your rage when it is simply easier to Bash from Battle.

Also the focus is used with a modifier and without a modifier it will use it on your current target.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rilgana
    the last problem could be outfitter or sth similar.
    disable the function in outfitter thats responsible for
    switching outfit when changing stance.
    Thanks alot, that was actually the problem, my Def stance, shield equip macro works perfectly now

Quote Originally Posted by DesolatedMaggot
    Try these:
    Code:
    #showtooltip [stance:1/3] Pummel; [stance:2] Shield Bash
    /cast [stance:1/2,noequipped:Shield] Berserker Stance
    /cast [stance:1/2,equipped:shield,target=focus,exists] Shield Bash; [stance:1/3,target=focus,exists] Pummel
    Thanks, I changed your code a little bit (like changing to shield and shield bash if in battle stance, instead of go zerk stance and pummel) as the poster under you suggested. It now looks like this:
    Code:
    #showtooltip [stance:1/2] Shield Bash; [stance:3] Pummel
    /equipset [stance:1/2,noequipped:Shield] SwSh
    /cast [stance:1/2,equipped:shield,target=focus,exists] Shield Bash
    /cast [stance:3,target=focus,exists] Pummel
    Code:
    Still didn't work when I tried it out at first, and that was because, as the second poster said, my outfitter stance profiles were still active. So now both my code and that works. I did however change to an equipset line instead of equipslot as you suggested below, using that for all my macros now, it's alot better than changing like 5 macros whenever you get a new 1h/shield.
    Also to ease equipment changing macros, I use the equipment manager blizzard has created. Just Equip the sword/shield you want and select every other slot to "Ignore the slot", then save the outfit. You can then change the equipment macro to something like this...

Code:
    /equipset NameOfSword&ShieldEquipmentSet
    Yeah, as I just said, I just changed all of my macros using equipslot, to using equipset instead. Thanks for the tip

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous

If you're going to take the time from Battle Stance to switch stances to Interrupt you'll burn a GCD and all your rage when it is simply easier to Bash from Battle.
    Yeah, you're absolutely right about that, just changed my macro to switch to shield and shield bash, instead of swapping stance if in battle stance.
    Didn't need your macro tho, since I got the other one to work.

-----

Well, this sure was a long post. Thanks alot for the help guys, works perfectly now. If I get another macro related problem, I'll know where to ask