Newly Dinged Shadow priest

Hey everyone I just hit level 80 on my shadow priest and im wondering what is the best way to gem/enchant?

Re: Newly Dinged Shadow priest

Shadow DPS 101 sticky.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

^^

Right now: Get hit to 289 before any other considerations. Beyond that, a fairly even spread of spellpower and crit (some haste will be inevitable). Haste isn't as bad as herpes, but it isn't as desirable as cupcakes.
    In 3.3: Haste and crit are of roughly equal value up to around 550 haste, at which point it loses some oomph (mostly due to mucking up rotations).

In general:
    If you're freshly dinged, chances are good that 3.3. is going to drop and completely hose the gear curve before you're far enough along to worry about minmaxing your stats. Get hit capped and make sure you're absolutely solid on monitoring your DoT's, as that's about to get a fair bit trickier.
    Wow Forum accomplishment: autobanned for using the following phrase:
    My therapist notes my intrapersonal skills suffer from love of the grape.

Quote Originally Posted by Kings101
    Hey everyone I just hit level 80 on my shadow priest and im wondering what is the best way to gem/enchant?
    1) go to Shadowpriest.com
    2) read stickies in "Chat", "Spell Casting" and "Gear discussion".All of them
    3) read them again until you understand your class
    4) After that, you won't really need to write this kind of one million times asked question again
    5) profit

Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt
    In 3.3: Haste and crit are of roughly equal value up to around 550 haste, at which point it loses some oomph (mostly due to mucking up rotations).
    No no no!After 3.3 haste is going to be MUCH (20-50%) better dps stat than crit.Of course considering average ToC geared shadow priest.
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy? Who knows? Who cares?
    I hope shadowfiend will still be able to do damage in 3.1., it's my second "nuke" button next to Inner Focus!

Leap of faith:
    Good news everyone, we can now heal stupidity!
    http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...l&cn=Brokolice

Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt
    In 3.3: Haste and crit are of roughly equal value up to around 550 haste, at which point it loses some oomph (mostly due to mucking up rotations)..
    Currently Haste and Crit are roughly equal, crit is slightly ahead if you wanna get technical but not but some signficant margin. The difference is that haste only benefits in large amounts, basically that means gaining 10 haste rating will do next to nothing but gain 100 and all of a sudden it has an impact.

For 3.3 it's being theorised that haste is better than spellpower but there is some information out that discrediting those simcraft results. Personally I think a lot is going to rest on how the MF refresh is going to update buffs applied to SW:P. If you can sustain temp haste buffs on an entire SW:P duration then haste is going to be pretty OP.