Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: US PTR Testing - Valithria Dreamwalker

I remember people in the healing forums joked about an encounter like this. (Or were they serious?) I didn't think Blizzard would actually do it.

Quote Originally Posted by fishface
    ah, that does make it more balanced for other healing classes
    I can't tell whether you're being sarcastic or not, but no it totally doesn't. Let me give you an example:

Let's say we have 5 regular dps specs. One of them can pump 10k dps on a single target while others can do hardly 5k. Then blizzard decides that this certain 10k spec is not good enough and decides to give them an ability that doubles their dps. Now one spec can do 20k and others 5k. For this one encounter, blizzard decides that the former 10k dps spec can't use their imba ability, just to make things less imbalanced. So, one spec does 10k while 4 other specs do 5k. Do you see the problem here?

Quote Originally Posted by Illitti
    Beacon or not, paladins will be very op in this encounter. Maybe it'll open blizzards eyes how ridiculously op they are...
    Well I think Val isn't the only thing you have to heal. Seems your healers will have to juggle healing the raid and Val. Two of the adds have AOE abilities so I imagine it's not just about having the highest potential single target HPS.

Just wondering about something I saw in the video - what are the portals that keep spawning? I didn't see anything on the ability page about them and am curious as to their purpose/where they go/etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Pokchop
    Well I think Val isn't the only thing you have to heal. Seems your healers will have to juggle healing the raid and Val. Two of the adds have AOE abilities so I imagine it's not just about having the highest potential single target HPS.
    But the fact is, encounter is over when you've healed the boss to full, so of course top end guilds will stack those who can do the job best. This is paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasture
    Eeek. You have your shammies dispel the Jaraxxus buff? Why would you not have the mages spellsteal it?
    because you cant. if you rely only on mages he will oneshot half of your raid before they manage to spellsteal the entire stack, unless you raid with like 5 mages

Quote Originally Posted by Helmed
    man i totally called this type of encounter when bc hit, a boss that you have to heal. ffffuuuu whats next, a BG where healers heal you to die, dpr's dps to heal?

but srsly if this fight is any longer then faction champs or illidan, ill throw my computer at the nearest cripple or fat guys face
    dude, you should never smash a computer in your own face.
    not even if it is both. crippled and fat? :P

Quote Originally Posted by burek
    because you cant. if you rely only on mages he will oneshot half of your raid before they manage to spellsteal the entire stack, unless you raid with like 5 mages
    this is wrong
    on our very first attemps we let shamans purge

since 3rd kill we only let mages dispell.
    and we never ahve more than 3 mages in raid.
    2 or 3 IDs we let 1 mage spellsteal everything, that didnt got dispelled by the tanks passive ability

it wont oneshot the raid. tankdmg could be much higher, so you have to hurry

RL:Why'd we wipe?
    Random Member: Because our DPS sucks.

Tired of seeing this? well don't feel so down, introducing Valithria! now you can see things like:

RL:Why'd we wipe?
    Random Member: because our healers suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

1) Get 6 holy priests.
    2) Get glyph of Guardian Spirit.
    3) Effect will never trigger, cooldown reset to 1 min.
    4) Permanent 40% increase healing.
    5) ???
    6) Profit.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Warlock1337
    1) Get 6 holy priests.
    2) Get glyph of Guardian Spirit.
    3) Effect will never trigger, cooldown reset to 1 min.
    4) Permanent 40% increase healing.
    5) ???
    6) Profit.
    Except the part where you can't cast Guardian Spirit on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Praxis
    and the part where you cant cast any spell on her that requires the target to be part of your raid group/party

Quote Originally Posted by treston323
    you said DKs would be better.. which obviously isn't the case
    i concede, my wording was a little off, but the fact remains that enh shamans do not own the fight... my guild does him on heroic 10man with 1 mage spellstealing the buff... and 2 in 25man norm... we dont even have an enh shaman =\

The Moonkin Repository
    Moonkin forums for beginners and experienced players alike
    Moonkin TTT Thread with Wrathcalcs
    Check it out, good stuff in there

Quote Originally Posted by Praxis
    On the PTR, we cast GS on her quite successfully, however, she herself has an effect such that GS can only be cast upon her once every 60 seconds.

Paladin stacking will not happen for this encounter. The raid takes a reasonably high amount of AoE damage, such that AoE healing abilites are pretty necessary to heal them. Druids can go through to Dream State, pick up the buffs, and get amazingly powerful HOTs to put on both raid and Dragon. The fight has a soft enrage timer in that the adds spawn faster and faster until it is a race to get all the adds tanked/killed/interrupted.If they don't, the raid members begin to die. The only healer I could potentially being left out is a Disc Priest - although we did take one to our attempts, in the end I believe we decided Holy was likely a "better" spec.

Overall a very fun encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Squishadin
    The only healer I could potentially being left out is a Disc Priest - although we did take one to our attempts, in the end I believe we decided Holy was likely a "better" spec.
    Except that shamans will be doing exactly the same as druids, only with half the output... Especially if healers are supposed to move between the clouds. I love seeing encounters that involve coordination and moving, but hate to realize other healers have so much better tools for those things.

Hmm wording of Lay on Hands mentions friendly target, nothing about raid or party member. Would it be possible/wise to have purely pally tanks on this fight and blow LOH?

I can't tell whether you're being sarcastic or not, but no it totally doesn't. Let me give you an example:

Let's say we have 5 regular dps specs. One of them can pump 10k dps on a single target while others can do hardly 5k. Then blizzard decides that this certain 10k spec is not good enough and decides to give them an ability that doubles their dps. Now one spec can do 20k and others 5k. For this one encounter, blizzard decides that the former 10k dps spec can't use their imba ability, just to make things less imbalanced. So, one spec does 10k while 4 other specs do 5k. Do you see the problem here?
    No, I don't see the problem here. Seeing as the 10K dps in your example will be in your raid group thus making your job easier and your raid's chances of success that much higher.

But the fact is, encounter is over when you've healed the boss to full, so of course top end guilds will stack those who can do the job best. This is paladins.
    Spellpower-stacking druids can achieve equivalent single-target HPS to Intellect-stacking paladins.

Could someone please please please tell me that UI, or a list of the addons. It's so incredibly sex
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sargeras&n=Delonyera

You know what might be interesting for this boss. Imagine, just a few tanks like 2-3 and the rest healers. Pop heroism/bloodlust at the start of the fight and zerg heal that boss like crazy! And it will be uber if pallies can use LoH for this fight. If it takes 7ish minutes to down this boss with a standard raid comp, like using around 6 healers. Then using just 2-3 tanks and no dps, you might be able to finish this fight in like a minute or two if your tanks don't get overwhelmed. Not saying most guilds would have enough healers to actually do it like that lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Aluana
    and the part where you cant cast any spell on her that requires the target to be part of your raid group/party

i concede, my wording was a little off, but the fact remains that enh shamans do not own the fight... my guild does him on heroic 10man with 1 mage spellstealing the buff... and 2 in 25man norm... we dont even have an enh shaman =\
    I forgot that because your 10 man doesn't use a certain class that makes said class not useful at all, your logic is flawless. The fact remains, if there is a Shaman in your raid, Enhancement, Ele, or Resto. They should be purging his buff regardless if there are mages present of not, the objective of any class with abilities like that in such an encounter where there is a ton of damage being tossed around is to reduce said damage, even if that means restricting dps for classes that are already ridiculous (ie mages). As a resto shaman I find myself shocking Vezaxxs Searing Flames, purging Jaraxxus and doing whatever I'd normally do in PvP to minimize damage taken. It's called common sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    GoD isn't so great for unholy
    Quote Originally Posted by HoX
    i dont understamd ???