Ressurrected Priest after 2 months, anything I should know?

Hey guys, don't usually see me posting on what needs to be done...lol but anyways I'm thinking about taking a return to WoW currently after a little hiatus.

I'll be going back to my alt priest and was wondering if there's anything I need to change on him. I'm trying to stay Disc (Die-hard protectionist) so any feedback in that area would be super.

Things I'm currently aware of:
    This is my shadow gear that is on, just offspec. (Some of it doubles as my healing gear, anywhere you see Mp5 generally)
    The meta-gem is pretty useless on that note.

Things I'd like to know:
    New gemming strategies?
    Playstyles and specs?
    General tips?

L2P or GTFO
    - Gear isn't free, earn it
    - I also have opinions regarding this game, you're not special
    - LFG Heroics.

Re: Ressurrected Priest after 2 months, anything I should know?

shadow still sucks

people still think disc is for pvp only

holy is still a poor man's druid

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by greysin
    shadow still sucks

This... but disc is reasonably acknoliged as a PVE spec as well now.

Quote Originally Posted by greysin
    shadow still sucks

shadow is getting a buff in 3.3 making it more viable than it was before(viability before was just slightly above non-viable)

Disc still gets people who believe it is a pvp spec but there are less people than before

Holy is about burst AoE healing not a steady stream of small heals that a Druid does, so their playstyle is way different.

ok, complete offtopic, but i think it's fun:
    when i read the thread-title i thought it was about a priest who lay around for 2months not knowing how to release ghost nor getting ressurrected xD

basically all you missed was people bitching about disc in pvp, disc and holy outgearing regen again in pve, shadow falling behind, Spriests emphatically complaining with good support and actually getting blizz to hear them.

So if you want to play shadow, ICC should be very fun. healing pve wise things are pretty much the same, GS and PS are still needed in raids and tanks will be taking more manageable damage spikes soon.

Gearing is the same as far as i know, not sure if people have tested the haste vs. crit debate as shadow yet for 3.3, but expect those numbers to change things a bit. Int is still too good for healing in general and shadowfiend is still stupid in pvp.

They changed the shadowform tooltip to contain a scrollbar and lightwell is now an auto-heal that does your job for you.
    ^
    ^
    ^
    ...kidding about that last line.

First of all.

Quote Originally Posted by fabian
    shadow is getting a buff in 3.3 making it more viable than it was before(viability before was just slightly above non-viable)

Disc still gets people who believe it is a pvp spec but there are less people than before

Holy is about burst AoE healing not a steady stream of small heals that a Druid does, so their playstyle is way different.
    Holy is about burst AoE healing. not a steady stream of small heals that a Druid does, so their playstyle is way different.

shadow still sucks.

people still think disc is for pvp only.

Fixed.

<Insert Troll Picture Here>

If I'm not mistaken disc priests are very popular in top content guilds tho But often as a tank healer only, so just 1. (the rest being holy or even shadow)
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormscale&cn=Jeffx

Shadowpriests will be buffed in 3.3, having spent the last two months as the laughingstock of DPS ("My class sucks and is the worst dpser in the game. Well, except for spriests of course, but that goes without saying"). Blizzard finally decided they had to do something about it. The priest community have high hopes for the next patch, but we're used to disappointment. Time will tell.

Discpriests have gained acknowledgement as a full-blown main tank healing specc, and is still the only viable PVP specc. Most people consider discpriests as a paladin replacement - or vice versa. It is not quite true; discpriests are support, and capable of raidhealing and MT healing both, but cannot maintain the HPS of a paladin. That's mainly because paladins are ridiculously overpowered at the moment, and any raid (10 or 25) not bringing a paladin healer is gimping themselves silly. Competing with the paladin on single target HPS is impossible, even when considering mitigation. But a discpriest is probably the healer responsible for the most lives saved. It's subtle, but without a discpriest in the raid, people just tend to die a lot. So disc is awesome. The major problem with disc seems to be worries about not scaling well enough for ICC content.

Holypriests do less of an impact on the healing meters than a druid, and can't heal the MT without respeccing disc, and still have to worry about their bluebar. But noone is calling the holypriest bad, nor should they. What holypriests may lack in raw strength, we make up for in pure burst and special cooldowns. I've heard druids complaining about holypriests being "too fast" for them, and it's kinda true. We did however feel the nerf to PoH. PoH was too good before the 3.2 nerf, but if you ask me, it's a bit on the weakside at the moment.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

15+ Year Old Account

I couldn't help noticing that people are talking about the changes for 3.3 and nothing that is currently implimented for shadow currently in the past couple months. Honestly I gave up WoW when Aion was beta testing & have been playing it ever since (5 year spriest vet that saw KT dead several times pre-BC as a raiding spriest) and it saddened me to leave but it was needed. I quit simply because I was tired of seeing us become the laughing joke dps that people saw us as pre-BC compared to every other dps in the raid. My account is still inactive but once I get WoW reinstalled on this new computer I will be looking at the changes made. After reading the past 10 pages of news on mmo I saw what I thought was currently implimented changes for haste to our dots. Is this not the case or is that PTR info that's not being listed as PTR info?