Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

November 1-2 - Day of the Dead

November 1-2 - Day of the Dead
    The Day of the Dead is a new mini world event added to the game with Wrath of the Lich King. Let's just say it's the Pirate's Day with a few more things, including a temporary companion pet : Macabre Marionette.

But first, you will most likely want to complete Dead Man's Party.

• Go to any graveyard, preferably the one of your faction's capital city. (We'll get to that later)
    • Dance with Catrina here. (Screenshot)
    • That's it!

Now let's get you a Macabre Marionette.

And you're done with the Day of the Dead. Below is the description from the official page.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    During the Day of the Dead, the people of Azeroth gather in graveyards to celebrate and cherish the spirits of those they have lost. One can find the festivities in the cemeteries of any major city where celebrants cook, drink, don costumes and more.

Can you feel it? The spirit world draws close during the Day of the Dead. This is why we decorate the graves of our dearly departed with flowers and candles and offerings: to welcome them back, even if only for a time.

Features
    Type: Memorial Holiday
    Date: November 1-2
    Locations: Graveyards of all Major Cities: Stormwind, Ironforge, Darnassus, Exodar, Orgrimmar, Undercity, Silvermoon City, Thunderbluff, Shattrath City, and Dalaran City

Dance with Catrina
    Come dance with her. Let us cherish and honor those we have lost in their ghostly presence, so that they might eat and drink and smile and know that they are loved. Walk up to Catrina, select her, and type /dance. You will receive an achievement and a 12 hour buff: Honor the Dead, which will change your appearance to that of Catrina or Chapman.

The Grateful Dead
    Purchase some Orange Marigold or Bouquet of Orange Marigolds from Chapman and use them to see the otherwise invisible spirit in the graveyard.

It's good to visit with friends and family again, though I may have overdone it... I've already eaten everything they made for me, says the Cheerful Human Spirit. Might I trouble you for some of that delicious Bread of the Dead? I'd be most grateful. Chapman there sells the recipe, I think.

Acquire some Bread of the Dead and give it to the Cheerful Spirit.

Your reward is a Macabre Marionette, a small pet that looks like a skeleton wearing a sombrero and holding a pair of maracas. This pet can only be used during the Day of the Dead event - it cannot be learned and kept like other small pets.

Re: November 1-2 - Day of the Dead

Temp? Sad day is Sad

I would have loved to have that pet in my collection year round.

Quest Categorie of the Bread-Quest is REUSE: old uldaman.
    Anyone knows more why?
    Maybe a Hint to something?
    [EU] Blackmoore - Cola (RestoDruid) & Shiq (Hunter)

10+ Year Old Account

WANT A ZOMBIE INVASION EVEN IF IT IS FOR ONE DAY :'(

You know the difference between you and me? I make this look good.

Ok why would they make an awesome pet model like that and then not let us keep it? Was it OP in PVE or just unbalancing arenas? ??? :'(

haha another Grateful Dead tribute!

RIP jerry

Yeah, sucks that it's just temporary.

these new one-day holidays is so lame. :< I mean, cant blizz give us something fun instead of pets or costumes that'll disappear in one day?

Go to any graveyard, preferably the one of your faction's capital city. (We'll get to that later)
    I can't seem to catch what the capital city part is about?

Another useless event. :

wtb real day of the dead and have zombies overrunning citys again ! QQ

You can only get the quests from the "dead" people of your faction, therefore of youd want it youd have to go to your races capitals graveyard.

Its so stupid that the whole point of the festivel is a two day pet. Would it be OP or something to make it permanent?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

TEMP NOOOOOOOOOOOO

AGGGH Boub you killed me.. I saw a skeleton wearing a hat and I thought MOST AMAZING WOW PET EVER...

and now I don't get to keep it...

BLIZZARD ARE YOU LISTENING?!! COOLEST PET EVER!! NOOOO!!! GIEF GIEF GIEF

Quote Originally Posted by Sin3671
    WANT A ZOMBIE INVASION EVEN IF IT IS FOR ONE DAY :'(
    ^ THIS

The zombie invasion event was epic last year! I thrilled at infecting all of the battlemasters and listening to the QQ in trade. A friend and I managed to get the Hall of Legends locked down for even more frustration. Unfortunately, the carnage wasn't well received by most players and I believe I even read a posting somewhere that indicated the event was shortened precisely because of the backlash it generated. I'd still love to see it happen once a year for fun, but I think we can assume that it will never happen again.

As for this particular event upcoming ... it's a little underwhelming for most of us. I suppose the RPers in the community could have great fun with this event. I'll be getting the marionette as soon as possible and taking some screenshots for my collection to remember him by until next year.

I'm a little holiday'd out anyhow with all the grinding it took for my Death Knight to get the Sinister achievement from this year's Hallow's End.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Day of the Dead, is two days long.

It's temporary because of China.

Just like they can't have undead with bones showing, they can't have this pet.

EU ppl complain when the US gets something that they don't, we complain when we don't get something they do too

Well China is the same... Blizz aren't making it temporary in response to anything. It's merely a logical preemptive step. If this pet were not temporary, then we would be able to keep a pet that they 'unfairly' can't get. This would also count towards that pointless number of pets achievement and make more qqers.

and of course some ppl will say this has nothing to do with why the pet is temp -_-. to them i /suggest to check out why blizz said panderan won't be added to wow.

Quote Originally Posted by eitzo
    It's temporary because of China.

Just like they can't have undead with bones showing, they can't have this pet.

EU ppl complain when the US gets something that they don't, we complain when we don't get something they do too

Well China is the same... Blizz aren't making it temporary in response to anything. It's merely a logical preemptive step. If this pet were not temporary, then we would be able to keep a pet that they 'unfairly' can't get. This would also count towards that pointless number of pets achievement and make more qqers.

and of course some ppl will say this has nothing to do with why the pet is temp -_-. to them i /suggest to check out why blizz said panderan won't be added to wow.
    Its temp because its a fucking holiday...