PTR Question: Haste and Dots

Does haste affect a dot only as you cast it, or does it reevaluate with each tick?

For example, if you get a haste buff midway through a VT, does the second half of the spell tick faster? Or do you have to recast it?

If you have to recast, how does SW: Pain work? Reevaluates haste w/ each refresh?

Thanks for any answers. Let me know if I was unclear.

Re: PTR Question: Haste and Dots

As a guess I would say they use the value that haste was at when it was cast, also i would assume SWP keeps its haste value of when it was cast, like how it keeps crit from potion

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

What about Mind Flay refreshes?

I believe the mind flay refresh will evaluate your haste. Not sure on touch/plague. I would wager on a big, fat, no. Just like how mind flay/mind sear does not change when you get a haste buff mid cast.

I think you are all probably right. But doesn't crit chance get evaluated with each dot tick (or did I get something wrong in my head way back and now its stuck there), so that if you get a crit modifier mid-dot duration, the rest of the dot has a higher chance of critting? I hope that haste gets applied mid dot, but I guess either way has its advantages.

Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    I believe the mind flay refresh will evaluate your haste. Not sure on touch/plague. I would wager on a big, fat, no. Just like how mind flay/mind sear does not change when you get a haste buff mid cast.
    Current testing is showing that haste does not get refreshed by MF. MF only refreshes SP on live, so any changes to refreshing other things like haste, would also be easy to change crit/damage.